Zenithink ZT-180 - New Firmware threadTips

1. icurafu

icurafu Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. icurafu

OK, I posted elsewhere, so I'll cut and paste here.

ok, it can now play all the videos I tried. Very nice. The whole thing feels a lot smoother.

RAM is missing. You no longer have 256MB or RAM. I think 64MB ha been moved to the DSP for the improved video playback.

The accelerometer is the same lameness. It flips screens alright, but fails at everything else.

Even more crap pre-installed. Now with large 3D games you can not play. There is a nice cube one that is in Chinese... actually more Chinese apps you can't install on a English default firmware.

Benchmark shows similar scores.
  3. icurafu

New firmware! This will update the video driver and fix a bug where searching for wifi AP and finding one with Chinese chars would crash the unit.

It also removes all the cr@pware in the previous version.

I saw a video of the updated rom with the active background working perfectly. :)

Once I get the update, I'll report on what is updated on the GC600. I'm hoping for OpenGL es 2.0 and frame buffer support. :)

http://www.jiongtang.com/fourm/android-f60/android-firmware-0809-download-t1531.html
  4. n4sa

n4sa Active Member

5. icurafu

6. n4sa

n4sa Active Member

G-Sensor seems to be fixed :) Working well for me now. I've had a few app crashes but nothing too serious. Firmware also available on my site below.
  7. huff_diggler

huff_diggler Active Member

having bother trying to get my pc to pick up the tablet in win7 64 when its plugged in to usb, any clues?
  8. n4sa

n4sa Active Member

Pretty sure there aren't any x64 drivers yet. Try it under XP in Virtual PC mode.
  9. icurafu

Do you mean OTG with the latest firmware or using the firmware burning tool? The tool does not support 64-bit OSes.
  10. huff_diggler

ok thanks, this must also mean it doesnt pick up the usb to pc connection under 64bit windows, i.e. plug the zenithink into pc, no new hardware install, right?
  11. JamesDroid

JamesDroid Active Member

For flashing you still need to hold down the front button and then press the power button, to put the tablet into flashing mode and get the green device indicator in the flash tool.

James
  12. ozduo

ozduo New Member

Can anyone tall me how I discover which firmware I have for by zenithink zt-180
  13. trimpcs

trimpcs Member

From the home screen find the settings icon.

Click Settings > About Device > Build Number

Find the string starting eng.2010 and the next four characters are the build number.
    ozduo likes this.
  14. n4sa

n4sa Active Member

Just put up the latest 0827 firmware @ iBeau dot net

Changelog:
    Improved 1080p video support
    Added support for evdo 3G device

I've found that this fw runs a fair bit faster. Haven't tried playing videos yet. The Market (when installed) also runs alot smoother, no lockups.
  15. icurafu

Nice, seems to run a bit faster and plays all my videos nicely. Maybe loads a little faster. Consumes another MB or two into the mysterious OS void.

My HSDPA modem is not working, but that is no surprise. If you do the marketplace patch, be careful as it will kill the 3G feature unless you kill the settings patch from the script.

I'm honestly better off without market. The added features consume too much system resources that the ZT180 just does not have. I've got a dozen apps I use from a torrent and slideme. I only get a little benefit from the market.
  16. n4sa

n4sa Active Member

volvogirl likes this.
  17. wusl.au

wusl.au New Member

Hi, new owner here, just feeling my way around.

I see that support for 3G modems has been mentioned in the 0827 release notes, but there does not appear to be any way to configure anything.

Can any of the gurus here shed any light?
  18. icurafu

it's only CDMA, which is not common outside of China. There is a option in settings under wireless. :) 3G.
  19. huff_diggler

must be time for a new firmware soon eh? being serious and all, what would be your ideal next consist of, mine would at least be the + and - button on the top to be volume.
  20. bgirlfepo

bgirlfepo Member

this might be a silly question, but if my apad already says it's version 2.1, and I've had it since the beginning of august, does this firmware update apply to me??
  21. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

All firmwares (0708,0804,0809,0818,0826,0830) are 2.1 update1 based... to know whether your firmware versions maps to what you read you need to look in Settings- About Device- Build Number, which will be something like

p7901a-eng-2.1-update1 ERE27 eng.wwang.20100826.112720 test-keys

The embedded built on date i.e. 20100826 matches you to the firmware... all the dates listed above match the firmware version except 0826 which was distributed 0827 and thus named 0827...
    vortech2010 likes this.
  22. tendouku

tendouku New Member

hello im newbie here
    i buy zt-180 and i can't connect to my komputer use OGT cable data.

my windows XP can't recognize the android phone.. and search driver android phone.. but failure

any help to connect my komputer and epad..
    im sorry my english bad..
    thanks need help very much
  23. vortech2010

vortech2010 New Member

Hi all!!!

I bought a few days ago the zenithink zt-180 AMR11, I'm happy with it, but my opinion...is missing many hardware arrangements, warm enough, the wifi should no longer function due to temperature, but it works pretty well for what I think it is a beta yet!, but come on! We can fix it, how many of you changed the firmware?, until now it works perfect with a 16GB SDHC memory, usb seems to work for all, I've installed a few things that work much better, Astro File Manager / Firefox (Fennec) and Skyfire to play FLV (flash) and some gadgets and games.

Greetings!:cool:

I give you some interesting links:

flash not working?
    xda-developers - View Single Post - [APP] Adobe Flash 10.1 APK

android 2.2?
    Flashing Firmware android and windows ce to zenithink zt-180
  24. jtbnet

jtbnet Well-Known Member

For these you will want to upgrade to the 0929 Firmware if you want Mrket support check on slatedroid for where to grab Christian Buchners system.img to use as it has the apps pre installed... the Wifi heat issue is Well Known and easily fixed once rooted by editing ;

RT2870STA TxPower
    ==========================================================================
    For the TxPower Patch...;

adb connect Tablet-IPADDR:5555
    adb -s Tablet-IPADDR:5555 shell
    # mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

- Edit the /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat file to
    make Change to lower TxPower to 20% to 40% as somestimes 40
    is less error prone than 20.

#The word of "Default" must not be removed
    CountryRegion=5
    CountryRegionABand=7
    CountryCode=
    ChannelGeography=1
    SSID=mySIDname
    NetworkType=Infra
    WirelessMode=5
    Channel=0
    BeaconPeriod=100
    # Full 100% Power
    #TxPower=100
    # 20% TX Power Runs Much Cooler and better perf
    TxPower=20
    #
    BGProtection=0
    TxPreamble=0
    vortech2010 likes this.
  25. Ere-Eye

Ere-Eye Member

Does the accelerometer function properly with games?