Zephyr hxm heart rate monitorSupport

Last Updated:

1. willow15

willow15 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to Android and this forum(which is great) so Hi. I've had my desire for a few weeks now and its a love/hate relationship. One of my bugbears was the hit and miss of my Zephyr hrm conection with the phone, using sportstracklive. Last week I accidentely washed the chest band with the monitor attatched, and guess what every time I have used it since its worked straight away:D. I would not recommend this but it worked for me. I have also been wetting the whole strap instead of the front section like you would do with most hrm bands.
    My only problem now is the radio and music player crashes after about an hour into my run/bike ride. The radio starts scanning and the music player starts jumping and they won't close. The only fix is removing battery. Do you think it needs sending back to Orange or should I wait for 2.2.

Advertisement
  2. fitforlife

fitforlife Member

I have and HTC EVO 4g and SportsTracker. I cycle and want to keep my big phone in the pocket on the back of my cycling jersey and not on my arm. I want to order the Zephyr Hxm next week. I see on the Zephyr website that the phone should be on my arm. Will SportsTracker still work with this heart rate strap if my phone is in my pocket or in a back pock of my cycling jersey. Thanks.

3. mspice

mspice Member

Do you know of any programs that will list or record the cpu usage of the apps you have running? I am also looking for a lightweight gps, calories, and distance only app.

i ask because I have the same problem with my exercise program. i don't use sportstracklive though. I use Cardiotrainer for gps, calories, and distance. I wrote the app "Heart Rate Monitor" which runs in the background as a heart rate monitor so that I can use it at the same time as other apps. As Cardiotrainer has been adding features, it appears to be using more and more resources. It doesn't crash, but it makes the phone slow and unusable and eventually kills my podcast/music app (Google Listen) when the oom killer gets it. I know it is Cardiotrainer because I can run forever with just my heart rate app and my music app without problems. When I try to add in Cardiotrainer is when I have problems.

Thanks,
    Michael
    androidheartmonitor.com

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

systempanel does this, great app