Zio flashed to Cricket, Android issuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. smartypantsdan

smartypantsdan New Member

I bought a Sprint Zio that was flashed to Cricket. It is running Android 2.2, but it has all of the Sprint apps on it and is constantly trying to register with sprint, and the 3G fades in and out, notifying me repeatedly; and I'm getting really tired of that. Info says the network is sprint. Can I update to Cricket Android 2.2 on my originally Sprint phone? Can I get rid of the Sprint apps? Can I get the updates to work under Cricket? Thanks! Dan

2. misterlucky

misterlucky New Member

If your phone were truly flashed to Cricket, then you would have a Cricket ROM. ...sounds like what you have is a Sprint phone with a factory reset or recovery, When you change the ROM on a phone, that phone then becomes what that ROM is..and in order to truly flash recovery to Cricket, you would need a stock Cricket ROM, which IS available at sites like xda developers, and straight from a google search. It will prolly be labelled as an image file. All you want can be done, and i suggest you google search to find out how...there are sites with instructions, but usually they're buried under all the tech rhetoric..you'd be surprised what you can learn about flashing a phone from google and Youtube...