• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Shorte85

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2010
Michigan, USA
I am trying to figure out if there is something I am doing wrong when creating *.zip files for my phone. The *.zip is supposed to be recognized by the smart keyboard pro app, and when I edited a file and zipped it up and placed it on my phone it didn't show up, however another *.zip file I placed on the phone in the same spot showed up I figured I wasn't zipping the file correctly on my PC.

My question is, is there a certain way you have to *.zip files on the PC in order for the android cell phones to recognize them correctly? If so, how am I supposed to zip up the file? I thought I was just supposed to take and right click on the folder with the contents on it, and then just select send to > compressed (zipped) folder. Am I doing this incorrectly? If so, what do I need to do in order to do it correctly?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones