• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

Omg man this is awesome you're a god sent, MMS now works and I'm using Disarmed toast 0.2.9-63. Now I got a working camera and MMS on cm10 :D

One question though can the background color be changed really can't see my cursor, not a big deal but just wondering

um sure... i can give you a diff background... which version (stock/theme-d/original) are you using and what color background do you want...
edit: scratch that... i really would but im stuffed with work this week... im willing to do it but I would post no earlier than next monday...

Upvote 0
um sure... i can give you a diff background... which version (stock/theme-d/original) are you using and what color background do you want...
edit: scratch that... i really would but im stuffed with work this week... im willing to do it but I would post no earlier than next monday...

I'm assuming the themes you posted are associated with messaging, if so don't trouble yourself I didn't realize they were meant for it, thanks again though.

Upvote 0
I'm on 11/11 build and this fix doesn't work.
Tried gosms (and with Apn settings) no luck

Shame cause I liked this rom, oh well flashing PA now

EDIT:
Question though, where are the other settings for custom vibration and pop up?

Not sure why but Lens_Flare trimmed those out of the app... i tried getting the full version and coping the settings on this but I keep getting an error when compiling... if a real dev wants to take a crack at this, Lens_flare gave permission...

Upvote 0
I tried all three of these with PA 2.99 and i cannot receive MMS... I really don't know what my issue could be.

I'm on PA 2.99 and it comes through for me, even some that were sent a day ago, maybe it's just slow, I used to have that issue on regular stock. I know I'm not much help but it can work for you, have you tried the gosms app?

Also, it's not that big a deal but features were nifty since that's what I used go sms for. But now I like your theme better haha

Upvote 0
sms should be working perfectly fine for both sending and receiving
but will look into pacman 2morrow and report back...

Thanks. Seems totally bizarre to me that it sends but doesn't receive. I mostly use Google voice which is not effected but some do still text me at my regular number. That is also where I often get voice mail notifications.

Upvote 0
I must be doing something weird. Followed the directions and installed this on Mazda aopk (since was not working on pac man thought I'd try it) and again can send from it but it doesn't receive.

sorry about not checking up on pacman... have been having phone problems of my own recently... but seeing that you are having the problem on a confirmed rom, it doesn't seem that the rom is the problem... are texts coming through on sense 3.6???

Upvote 0
Looks like mysms app doesn't pay well in aosp and aokp roms. Took it out and messages come through fine on Mazda rom. Well try pac man again tomorrow when have time to see if that fixes it there as well. Thanks for the help!

glad you got things figured out... will update op to reflect on the fact that mysms doesn't play well

Upvote 0
Strange thing happened when I moved Stockthemev1.1rev2.apk over to /system/app/ on PA 2.99.

Phone would not boot back up on restart. Cleared my cache, and dalvik-cache. Fixed permissions in recovery (if that does anything)

Restored the system partition and nothing else. still wouldn't boot..

Restored entire backup, and it boot again..

it really is a shame that a working mms is so hard to achieve on a non-sense rom.. I think i'll be thinking twice next time I buy a phone that has sense on it.

Upvote 0
Strange thing happened when I moved Stockthemev1.1rev2.apk over to /system/app/ on PA 2.99.

Phone would not boot back up on restart. Cleared my cache, and dalvik-cache. Fixed permissions in recovery (if that does anything)

Restored the system partition and nothing else. still wouldn't boot..

Restored entire backup, and it boot again..

it really is a shame that a working mms is so hard to achieve on a non-sense rom.. I think i'll be thinking twice next time I buy a phone that has sense on it.

It isn't that it's a Sense rom, it's that it's a VM phone.

Upvote 0
It isn't that it's a Sense rom, it's that it's a VM phone.

point taken.

I guess i'm confused on why mms doesn't work with AOSP AOKP CManything but seems to work fine with any sense based rom. Or at least any rom that keeps the sense messages app around.

I used to think it was just a matter of apn settings, however I'm quickly learning the more phone manufacturers over complicate things unnecessarily, the less that is true.

Even sending a mms using a stock messaging app to email or vice versa is wonky, to be honest. This is where I might agree that VMU is at fault..

-----

Sending a txt to an email, results in an email coming in without issue. 01234567879@yrmobl.com

Sending an email to 0123456789@yrmobl.com is just text works ok.

Sending a picture to 0123456789@yrmobl.com, text comes through, picture does not

---

Sending a picture mms to email, it comes from 10123456789@pixmbl.com with picture ok.

Sending anything whatsoever to 10123456789@pixmbl.com (like replying) doesn't go anywhere.

Sending a picture and or text to 0123456789@pixmbl.com (drop the 1) and it works

-----

I'll stop ranting I guess lol. :)

Upvote 0
point taken.

I guess i'm confused on why mms doesn't work with AOSP AOKP CManything but seems to work fine with any sense based rom. Or at least any rom that keeps the sense messages app around.

I used to think it was just a matter of apn settings, however I'm quickly learning the more phone manufacturers over complicate things unnecessarily, the less that is true.

You basically hit it on the head... same charging cable between manufacturers, and SOME version of Android, but it pretty much ends there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones