• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ZIP] MMS FIX FOR CM/AOSP/AOKP (THANKS wolfu)

I'm on CM10 Gangnam Style 12-31-12, which APN do I modify?

3w3y4.png

Upvote 0
So this is working on all AKOP ROMs, or just a few? I'm using mazda's.
I'd like to have it working, but to be honest, I didn't know it wasn't working until I read the thread yesterday. I don't MMS that much.

should work on all cm/pa/aokp/aosp roms... haven't tested each and every rom but no reports of problems from any so far...

Reactions: Kamau
Upvote 0
should work on all cm/pa/aokp/aosp roms... haven't tested each and every rom but no reports of problems from any so far...
So now that the dust has settled a bit, what were the key parameter(s) to get MMS to work on AOSP based ROM's for VM users? Since there were no coding changes involved, it must just have been a configuration issue.

ramjet73

Upvote 0
I'm sure this has been asked before, but a quick search failed me.
Taking a Sprint rom, and putting it on a Virgin Mobile phone, will I have to edit build.prop or anything?

Other than SMS and MMS that's all you need to do. build.prop tweaks are not needed. Though you can if you want. Totally optional. I'm on team dirt aokp 3.5.2 and it works flawlessly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones