[zip]Seeder Entropy (Lag reduction)

1. realizm

realizm Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I stumbled upon something which may be of use to you all. Found it just wandering around XDA. It's a Seeder Entropy zip which many claim reduces the amount of lag on their device. I don't have my Marquee anymore so I'm unable to test it.
    Again this is not mine. I did not create it. I just found it and thought you guys might want to try it out. I can't imagine this effing your phone up but if it does I'm not responsible. If you're comfortable using Terminal Emulator you can check to see if it's working after flashing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35948379&postcount=159

Enjoy! Let me know if it works for you!

Advertisement
  2. Nooski

Nooski Well-Known Member

Oh my God!! MY KEYS!!!!
  3. realizm

Does this mean it works for you?:)
  4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Just adding this: after reading the whole thread, it seems like this may be a simpler solution (and better on battery life)
    Phrant1c likes this.
  5. k28king1

k28king1 Well-Known Member

To give my input, at first I thought I was a placebo effect, than I realized that apps that normally lag very much, had no lag. I first found this app when I was scouring the nexus 7 threads, I tried it on the 7 but to be honest this tab is a beast ( especially when oc'ed) so it had little to no effect. I then tried it on the marquee and to my amazement there is absolutely no lag where I have come accustomed to seeing it. Also I have this coupled with pimp my ROM with the only change being that I turned off vsync. So yes this does work. And it is much much simpler than messing around with all the internal settings and files. Not everyone wants to spend all day messing with files, they just want something to work, and this accomplishes just that.
    realizm, pyccki and Tito23p like this.
  6. Lordvincent 90

k28king1 likes this.
  7. realizm

Thanks for your feedback K28! I'm glad this thing is working for you guys. I agree about not wanting to mess with too many settings. I just wanna flash a zip and be done with it. Anyway, glad you like it.
    k28king1 likes this.
  8. Froger8604

Froger8604 Member

9. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

10. Lordvincent 90

k28king1 likes this.
  11. Tito23p

Tito23p Well-Known Member

Have anyone tested it? every time i reboot the app show it it's off, even with the start on boot thing.
  12. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Trust me, this app is only a placebo, I did a bunch of benchmark tests only too find out it makes no difference and that this quote below is true on some phones (happened on his Motion and my Optimus M):
  13. Lordvincent 90

Update from my previous post

14. Tito23p

I was testing it for today, can't see any differences.
  15. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Well-Known Member

I have been running this on my marquee with CTMod 3.75 for the last to days and performance wise I haven't noticed much of a difference, but I have noticed that my phone seems to wake up and unlock faster.
  16. Tito23p

This is really making something, but on my marquee isn't anything good, whit seeder i got more noticeable lags, bot: the zip file and the apk, even lowers values on benchmarks.

Maybe the pimp my rom teaks affect it, i dont know, but cant see anything good with seeder.
  17. The~Skater~187

That could be. I'm only using the scripts that come with CTMod with Zram enabled with 128mb compression on my Zram.
  18. Tito23p

I have zram enable on CM10 and pimp my rom, both, and its working pretty good, but when i use seeder i got more lags.
  19. The~Skater~187

That's odd. Try it with out the pimp my rom tweaks.
  20. Tito23p

I was considering that, but i gonna wait to that thing be more mature.
  21. The~Skater~187

Well, I'll keep you guys posted with my experiences.
  22. The~Skater~187

Ok, so I haven't experienced Amy lag. But my phone has completely locked up a few times. Good thing I made a back up before I added that. Restored my backup and all is fine now. I'm not going to try this again until I do some more research.
  23. Tito23p

You use the zip file from the post or the apk from xda?
    The zipfile on that link is v3, there's a v6 version and apk 1.1, y think both are the same, the zip should be a more "direct effect" or something like that, and there's a uninstaller zip file too.

i think here's everything to be a little more clear: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=36252773&postcount=738
  24. The~Skater~187

Yeah, I used the zip. I have it uninstalled now via restoring my backup.
  25. cjreyes666

cjreyes666 Well-Known Member

Had it installed 24 hours and haven't experienced no issues. I can report better performance with some apps that were having some lag such as Gmail go launcher mega jump and others
    The~Skater~187 likes this.