• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zombie Apocalypse Thread

Hey neat I'm the op and didn't know it. Huh.

So guys and gals, let's hear your plans for the upcoming Zombie apocalypse. What will you do?

Me personally... Well, I would need a few supplies. Food, mainly. I already have my melee weapons, just need to sharpen the katana a bit.

But really, my next question is this. Do you think that there is truly a zombie proof structure?

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
Don't know the full specs (not many have that clearance), but there's a new NSA facility in Utah. Has a wall around the perimeter that would supposedly stop something like a 15 ton vehicle travelling at 50 mph. Something like that. If it's tall enough, and zombies are dumb enough (with the whole reduced brain functionality and all), I think that would be a good place with two conditions. Find a good variety of food that can grow there, and develop a safe and consistent method of obtaining water. Things like weapons are already a given.

Upvote 0
Hmm, that's a good idea. My only thought on that, though, is what if zombies could evolve? Instead of you know, the slow, duurrrrrrrrr zombies...what if they could evolve? Could think? Could come up with a plan, somehow? Not saying its possible, nor am I saying its impossible. Every possible situation should be thought out, in my opinion.

Zombies formulating a plan, building bridges/climbing walls. Scary thought...

Upvote 0
Hey neat I'm the op and didn't know it. Huh.

So guys and gals, let's hear your plans for the upcoming Zombie apocalypse. What will you do?

Me personally... Well, I would need a few supplies. Food, mainly. I already have my melee weapons, just need to sharpen the katana a bit.

But really, my next question is this. Do you think that there is truly a zombie proof structure?

I would prefer to be somewhere that has quite a few exits. That way you can secure as best as possible and still be able to get outta dodge.

But if that plan doesn't work I would be mobile with a convoy of sorts. Large vehicles and smaller. Able to get in and out without a problem. Preferably electric charge that you can make a solar charger once power is gone.

Something like that. Must need someone technically smart. Mechanic of sorts also. Weapons. Seeds and non perishables. Water source is a given. Medicine and hygiene products. :D

Upvote 0
Hmm, that's a good idea. My only thought on that, though, is what if zombies could evolve? Instead of you know, the slow, duurrrrrrrrr zombies...what if they could evolve? Could think? Could come up with a plan, somehow? Not saying its possible, nor am I saying its impossible. Every possible situation should be thought out, in my opinion.

Zombies formulating a plan, building bridges/climbing walls. Scary thought...

Not saying this is THE solution, but more so a fact of life. If zombies do evolve, then being the living, reproducing beings that we are, we too will be forced to evolve even further than we already will, or die.

On another note, I only see three ways they could "evolve". First being reproduction. I won't expand on that since it takes its own discussion, and I'm just on my break. Second, being a uniqueness to the virus, in which the body can adapt to severe extremes, granted it doesn't decay first. Although that's not necessarily evolving (hence the quotations on the first reference to evolve). And last, is a reaction to a second biological factor, much like the main character tried to do in I am Legend, despite the difference that those were vampires, not zombies.

Upvote 0
zombies can starve???
can they die from it?

if zombies can not die... after 100yrs.. and all living things are gone... will it just be a planet with zombies walking??

if they can starve and die... then in 100yrs.. earth would be an eden again.
a small number of humans might be able to survive in a hidden area... maybe on a small island

Upvote 0
Reproducing Zombies....

All I can think of is Dead-Alive....

Anyway. On topic, here. I for one do believe in the zombie apocalypse. It's a very real scenario that can happen, due to disease, or other methods.

I do agree with the statement, though, that how does one prepare to shoot their neighbor? It's not something that can easily be prepared for, if at all. (Though, if it happened to the one next door to me who plays polka really loud at 3am...I think I could cope with that...)

It's an odd scenario to think about. Friends, loved ones, yourself. You could easily be infected by this if it did happen. I'm not sure what I would do, honestly.

Hmm. I need more coffee. Still need to finish drawing my zombie tattoo, too....

Upvote 0
As a huge fan of The Walking Dead, it's a possibility we all could be infected and turn into Zombies after we die. This is just a theory I guess. I usually turn into a Zombie after copious amounts of cheap Whiskey ;). I have not been known to eat any other humans thank God :rolleyes:, but I will eat a greasy cheeseburger at 2am on occasion.

Did anyone catch the first episode of Revolution last night. No Zombies, but there was a neat reference to Google. One of the characters said "I used to work for this company called Google." Seems like it could be a good show.

OK....now back on topic :p.

Upvote 0
i dont think a true Zombie can happen.

undead.. only can be killed by a death blow to the brain. how can anything be UN-dead.. move even if the heart is blown out!

i can see a virus that destroys the brain function to kill higher intelligence.. and make them crazy.. to the point of wanting to attach/kill everything moving.. like an rapid animal that bites and claws. and if you get bit, then you can get the virus too.
still needs blood, air, water, food to keep moving and attacking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones