• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zombie Run

stinky

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
SoCal
Anyone tried Zombie Run from the Market? Free game, fun as hell.

Old Review, but gives a basic rundown of the game. Game has added zombie avatars instead of dots, and other improvements.
YouTube - Zombies, Run Android Apps Review - AndroidApps.com

Developers test run. What you are getting yourself into.
YouTube - Zombie, Run! Revision 3A Development Test Run

Basic Breakdown, GPS enabled game where you choose type of Zombie Outbreak (Number of initial Zombies) and their Speed (2, 5, or 8 MPH) You then choose a destination that you must get to before the zombies get you.

I just got done playing this with a buddy of mine. On my way to his house I chose low numbers, and 5 MPH, I barely made it to the end of my street, there were too many placed too close, and they were too fast.

After I got to his house, I chose low numbers, and 2 MPH. We were able to walk power walk most of the way after an initial chase right near his house. We had to go different routes on the way to a nearby park to avoid zombie clusters. We made it with ease.

The next stop was a school about a mile away. I chose higher initial numbers, this one gave us a good assortment, but basically we could walk straight there on the shortest route and not have had a problem. Halfway there though, they started noticing us, and were spreading, so we had a few good bursts of running along the way. This one was easy as well.

Last stop was back to his house, about 3/4 mile away. I chose 2 MPH and Highest possible amount of zombies. Right away we had to run for it, to beat a zombie blocking a street we needed to go through. We ended up running across a 4 lane street in order to avoid this one. Upon turning the corner, I re checked our situation, there were a ton blocking the only way to his house, so we went around a different neighborhood that was less cluttered. We had no time to stop though, they were creeping over from every block we went along. Most of our running was mainly to "beat" a zombie to a street that we needed to get across. After trning another corner, I noticed 3 in the middle of the street. 1 on 1 side, 2 on the other, I ran straight down the middle and actually weaved in between them. The GPS was sensitive enough that 5 ft or so didnt kill me. After this group, we were home free and able to walk the rest of the way.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones