• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Zoom Controls

Decadence

Lurker
Jan 13, 2010
hey guys. I'm very new to android programming and I've been plugging away at a problem for a couple days without much success( but learning a bunch of other stuff in the process ). Basically, I have a RelativeLayout that I'd like to be able to attach ZoomControls too. I have the ZoomControls on screen, I've hooked the listener up to the ZoomIn event, and even have it doing stuff inside the handler. However, I can't seem to make it zoom in on the RelativeLayout. I've tried using the "requestRectangleOnScreen" method, but that doesn't seem to do anything. Anything you guys can suggest? ( for my current app I can probably just create a web page and then have my app display the webpage in WebView to get the zoom stuff to work, but I would think I could use the zoom features on other layouts ). I would have expected some sort of default handling of zoom features for most layouts as it seems like it would be pretty easy to implement on the drawing side... which might be what I have to do. Should I be implementing RelativeLayout and overriding the onDraw method?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones