Zoom in and out when taking pictures by using your volume rocker.

1. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

If you want to zoom in and zoom out when in camera mode, just use your volume rocker up/down to zoom in and out.

Advertisement
  2. darksoul

darksoul Active Member

cool didn't know that...
  3. daddyd302

daddyd302 Well-Known Member

Thanks!! I was wondering where that zoom was.....
  4. same here. got my phone on last Thurs, and my neighbor's son played halftime show for their school that night. i was trying to take pics of him, but couldn't figure out where the zoom was. got nice shots of the whole band though.
  5. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

ya it's one of those light bulb moment discoveries.
  6. simcha

simcha Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip! I've been looking everywhere for the zoom. :-D
  7. antmon

antmon Well-Known Member

THANK YOU! i was going nuts trying to figure this out.... was starting to believe that a high end phone wouldn't have zoom!
  8. kristv

kristv Well-Known Member

LOL! I had to point out the zoom thing to my wife in the Sprint store the other day. I figured it out while playing with the Epic a couple weeks ago. :D
  9. CzechPleez

CzechPleez Well-Known Member

Great tip, thanks!
  10. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Wonder if it will work when using video?
  11. shp13

shp13 Member

Thanks! Works in the Epic.

Isn't it funny that the android FAQ doesn't even give that info?? It gives the very simplistic 'how to use the camera' but doesn't define the on screen buttons, nor address things like zoooming. I was thinking it wouldn't zoom! Not a deal breaker, but a huge add in the 'negatives' column that increases my odds to return it. (Was reading online vs small manual -- another 'con' -- apparently can't increase the font size on the screen for various functions, only in the browser??? I don't always have my reading glasses on , and shouldn't need to -- should be able to change the font!)
  12. Waxy

Waxy Member

Very helpful info. Thank you for posting this. I was getting irritated...
  13. zetterwing

zetterwing Active Member

Yeah it works on video too.
  14. YDroid

YDroid New Member

:DOMG! OMG! IT WAS DRIVING ME MAAADDD THA I COULDNT ZOOM IN! THANX!!!!! U SAVED MY EPIC! I WAS REALLY GONNA TRADE IT IN FOR MY BB BACK ALL BECAUSE OF A CAMERA NOT ZOOMING IN!!!:cool::D:) (SOME OTHER ISSUES AS WELL BUT MAINLY THAT!LOL!:))
  15. thecraigj

thecraigj Active Member

Be careful and don't hit the power button on accident when using the camera or it locks the Epic into "camera mode".
    I didn't know I hit it and it took me forever to figure out how to turn it off :)
    AndroidSPCS likes this.
  16. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Wow!!!!
  17. ko57

ko57 Member

No mention of this is the larger printed manual that comes with the phone much less the quick start guide. Kind of useful feature, I would say, to leave out of the description.
  18. Gavisann

Gavisann Well-Known Member

You can also pinch in and out to zoom.
  19. epock

epock New Member

Found this out yesterday at a graduation ceremony on accident. Very cool, pinching for zoom in and out also works during video! :)
  20. ncpeep

ncpeep Member

wow, that's awesome. i just thought there wasn't zoom. thanks !
  21. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

felt like an idiot fumbling the epic trying to unlock this a couple days ago. :rolleyes:
  22. ncpeep

ncpeep Member

different question but related to camera, does anyone know if it's possible to rotate the camera when using it? like landscape/portrait ?
  23. badankles

it does with with froyo version.
  24. ncpeep

ncpeep Member

could you direct me as to how? I'm on the froyo version
  25. badankles

maybe i misunderstood your question. with the camera on, if i rotate the phone, the view also rotates. is that what you wanted to know?