ZTE AVID 4g Metro pcs losing data.Support

Last Updated:

1. marlinajade

marlinajade New Member

My phone was realllyy good until 2 weeks ago, when it just stopped connecting to anything, i can't even connect to 1x. and it's supposed to be 4g? itll let me text and and make calls, but if i wanna send pictures or long texts, i have to be somewhere where i have full bars, itll connect to 4g for a second, and send the photo or long text, and then back to no G's. lol. It wont let me connect to the internet at all, unless i have wifi. Im paying 60$ a month for nothing? someone help me!

Advertisement
  2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

Welcome to AF. :hello:

I don't know much about your phone but if you are having data issues and have not done anything to your phone i would bring it back to metro to see if they will warranty it.
  3. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

OutOfPhase likes this.
  4. KutuluKid

KutuluKid Well-Known Member

I had this happen last week. I was using a battery saver app, it had a network data switch which I cannot find in the menu on this phone. I think the app may have turned it off. Not sure really. I went to bed and woke up to no data. even the guy at MetroPCS could not find it. he was even using a ZTE avid as his personal phone. all my other Android devices have had that. I did a factory restore and it brought back mobile data connectivity
  5. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

Try data switch or anycut app and create shortcut of phone inf and switch to lte/cdma/evo
  6. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

I think you work for ZTE!
  7. linette30

linette30 New Member

I have the same phone and the same thing happened to me. I restored the factory data and it fixed the problem. Be aware that the applications that you have installed will be deleted but you can always install them again. If you contact numbers are the same that on gmail you should be ok, if not then take a note at the important ones to add them again after restoring the factory data. Ok. Go to setting - Backup & reset - factory data reset.

After doing that my 4g appeared again. I think some of the applications I installed a day ago affected my 4g.
  8. starxpilot

starxpilot Well-Known Member

I would recommend that you start keeping track of what applications you install, some of these 'battery-savers' tend to change items that you would rather not have tampered with, yet it's needed so they can 'work'.