ZTE Avid 4G - Stock recovery image

Last Updated:

1. kcurtis106

kcurtis106 Well-Known Member

Stock recovery image for ZTE Avid 4G (MetroPCS)

Download

Advertisement
  2. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

so how you flash this
  3. kcurtis106

kcurtis106 Well-Known Member

Probably by using the fastboot method. If that doesn't work, perhaps QPST will.
  4. dadcup

dadcup Well-Known Member

Ok the other day I use qpst for prl and I use ftm to flash prl 9033
  5. CarlOli

CarlOli Member

Is the link broken? it won't download
  6. bad karma

bad karma Active Member

i soft bricked my avid,im so new at this.i downloaded stock recovery image,where do i go from here?sorry fo all the questions.i gotta fix this phone.aw man any help will b highly appreciated.ty
  7. I have succeed in downloading the link. But I haven't flash it.
  8. jackjadamyk

jackjadamyk Member

Okay, found this to be the ONLY Post with the original stock recovery image. So, if anyone can help with this, will love you forever! lol

My issue: SOFT BRICKED
    - Able to enter into FTM & Stock Recovery
    - Unable to boot fully (MetroPCS logo and green Andy logo show up, then screen is black directly after Andy logo) At this point, if connected to PC I can hear audio chime notifying me Windows has detected a device. Computer shows drive label, yet nothing is accessible.

How did I soft brick you may ask? Here's how:
    - Attempted to install Beats Audio on my rooted phone
    LINK = eapktop.com/beats-audio-installer-2-3-4-0.html
    - Half way through, installer says your phone will be rebooted, I tapped Okay. And Skadoosh: Soft Bricked 16GB Metro PCS ZTE Avid 4G

Question: How to install this file/run it?! (Pretty sure a simple MicroSD adapter can get the file onto the SD card. But, what then?!

Again, if you help; me love you long time!
  9. totlth

totlth Well-Known Member

If you can get into recovery, then you will want to download the entire ZTE avid 4g sdcard upgrade 304 mb
    Then rename it to update.zip
    Put it on your scarf
    Boot into recovery and apply update.zip from scarf
    You should be back to stock
    jackjadamyk likes this.
  10. totlth

totlth Well-Known Member

jackjadamyk likes this.
  11. jackjadamyk

jackjadamyk Member

Liked and Thanked. Will attempt in the AM & report back. Thanks for the fast response.
    scary alien and totlth like this.
  12. jackjadamyk

jackjadamyk Member

-ZTE_Avid_4G_SD_Card file downloaded (If anyone else needs the file, click HERE! - Uploaded by 2GigayteSD)
    - Renamed to update.zip
    - Transferred file to SD Card using PC
    - Booted into Stock recovery by holding Volume + & Power Button
    - Opted to "apply update from external storage" by using volume buttons to navigate, power button to select
    - update.zip selected by pressing power button
    - Message received: "Install from sdcard complete."
    - Opted to "reboot system now" by highlighting it using the volume buttons and used power button to select
    - Phone rebooted properly!

Thanks again for this help! This site will be my new home for anything android as XDA fails to have anything for this phone!
    scary alien and OutOfPhase like this.
  13. jokenkil

jokenkil Well-Known Member

if i power off my phone and power it on while holding the volume up button and it boots into cwm recovery with the penguin stuff that means it worked right? also i can start flashing roms right?
  14. Rapture81g

Rapture81g Well-Known Member

don't forget jackjadamyk, I'm the one on.xda that sent u here :) yay me. lol
    scary alien and jackjadamyk like this.
  15. Rapture81g

Rapture81g Well-Known Member

yes jackjadamyk. it worked. but did anyone verify that the penguin cwm actually worked on making backups and recovering? last I heard it didn't work. but don't forget jackjadamyk we also have a working CWM touch Recovery :D
  16. totlth

totlth Well-Known Member

I have tested the penguin one, but only on external.
    We have touch 5.0.2.7
    I made a 6.0.3.0 touch w/o word wrap
    I don't see any difference except the version number, but I'm gonna post it anyway.
    I have been also tweaking it to try and get some more functions working.
    dadcup and clubanger96 like this.
  17. androidboy15

androidboy15 Active Member

Did u post the touch recovery u were talking about
  18. jackjadamyk

jackjadamyk Member

Yay you! Thanks a lot for this, it REALLY helped! :)
    scary alien likes this.
  19. jackjadamyk

jackjadamyk Member

I am trying to use yours right now totlth. Unfortunately, Penguins CWM is being a pain and isn't letting me revert back to stock recovery, or stock rom :/ I'm going to try and re-install his recovery, and if that solves my issue, I'll be trying your touch version out right away! (Already on my Ext-SD) :)
  20. jackjadamyk

jackjadamyk Member

scary alien likes this.
  21. KahunaTuna

KahunaTuna New Member

Is there a working link available please?
  22. Horokeu

Horokeu New Member

Thank you so much bro, my android was bricked, so I downloaded that file and my cellphone was reborn.
    Don't use the app "font installer", if you change the font your android is gonna die