ZTE Avid 4gGeneral

1. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Well another affordable 4g phone for the masses :)
    ZTE Avid 4G surfaces with MetroPCS branding | PhoneDog

MetroPCS already has a couple of ZTE-made Android smartphones on its roster in the Anthem 4G and Score M, but it looks like the carrier may soon be adding yet another ZTE handset to its shelves. Up above is an image of a device referred to as the ZTE Avid 4G, which was posted to Twitter earlier this morning by @evleaks. Up top we can see what looks to be a power button and 3.5mm headphone jack, on the side is a volume rocker and on the Avid 4G's face is a trio of Android navigation keys.
    Unfortunately for any MetroPCS folk that may be interested in the Avid 4G, no availability or spec details were included along with this leaked shot. Judging by what we can see on the home screen in the image, though, the Avid 4G looks to be running a lightly-skinned version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The addition of "4G" in the Avid's name also indicates that, like most of Metro's Android smartphones, it'll pack LTE support. More on this handset as we get it.

Advertisement
    :
    nuttmeg likes this.
  2. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

if they sell it cheap it will do good.
  3. LgOptimusM

LgOptimusM Guest

I wonder what the price is going to be?
  4. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

Don't know yet but less than 120 just guessing
  5. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

Nah probably around 250+ ... because I guess since this device has ics its going to be somewhat powerful
  6. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

The lg motion has ics and its dual core yet its $150;)
  7. Killah1994

Killah1994 Well-Known Member

I know but lol its metropcs there not going to make it easy for us... remember this zte has a larger screen (I my self don't even know if metro is going put a couple hundred bucks because of the screen)
  8. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

I lost count but didn't we have a large screen zte come out around the same time we for the motion?
  9. super squirrel

super squirrel Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was the ZTE Anthem 4G (4.3 inch screen, Snaodragon S3 processor, Gingerbread). Anyone have price, specs, or release date? Just curious because I'm looking for a new phone this month.
  10. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Your best luck is this friday which is black friday lots of good specials on metro!
  11. gbabyg78

gbabyg78 Member

What kind of deals are you talking about
  12. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

$100 of SIII, metro should honor previous customer with a MIR, and also Samsung Admire 4G is coming also.

[​IMG]
    mike28 likes this.
  13. mike28

mike28 Well-Known Member

1+
  14. n4zty

n4zty Well-Known Member

Black Friday Sale
    Samsung Galaxy S3 - $399

LG Esteem - $179
    LG Connect - $149
    Samsung Admire - $59

[​IMG]
  15. papichulo916

papichulo916 Well-Known Member

Well seems like the Avid is out for $149.00+tax. It sounds pretty good with 1.2 dual processor, but I really like my Connect haha. What do you guys think?
  16. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

does the avid have a snapdragon s4 krait adreno 225 like the motion?
  17. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I think that is one of the unknowns right now.

I've Googlemated all over and I can't find it noted anywhere. I would think some mobetta technical data would arrive at the dealers with the phones though.

JoshB101 in the other Avid thread mentions the iffy ZTE quality. I went through most of the ZTE posts here and that seems to be the case. Problems with their cheaper phones, the higher zoot one is fine once it's rooted (and I'm not a rooter so far...) That doesn't help me a bit with the Avid being Brand Spanking New. (Usually more issues with the 1st model of Anything) I REALLY Don't Want to start out with Metro with a wonky phone.

Not to mention that the Motion is just such a dang Stone Cold no debate good choice too. AGGHHHH!

For me I guess it's going to boil down to some of the first comments/critiques from those here who get one in their paws first.

Bruce in Ocala, FL