• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Avid 4g

mike28

Android Expert
Dec 20, 2010
Tampa
Well another affordable 4g phone for the masses :)
ZTE Avid 4G surfaces with MetroPCS branding | PhoneDog

MetroPCS already has a couple of ZTE-made Android smartphones on its roster in the Anthem 4G and Score M, but it looks like the carrier may soon be adding yet another ZTE handset to its shelves. Up above is an image of a device referred to as the ZTE Avid 4G, which was posted to Twitter earlier this morning by @evleaks. Up top we can see what looks to be a power button and 3.5mm headphone jack, on the side is a volume rocker and on the Avid 4G's face is a trio of Android navigation keys.
Unfortunately for any MetroPCS folk that may be interested in the Avid 4G, no availability or spec details were included along with this leaked shot. Judging by what we can see on the home screen in the image, though, the Avid 4G looks to be running a lightly-skinned version of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The addition of "4G" in the Avid's name also indicates that, like most of Metro's Android smartphones, it'll pack LTE support. More on this handset as we get it.

Reactions: nuttmeg
$100 of SIII, metro should honor previous customer with a MIR, and also Samsung Admire 4G is coming also.

Capture-10.png

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0
I think that is one of the unknowns right now.

I've Googlemated all over and I can't find it noted anywhere. I would think some mobetta technical data would arrive at the dealers with the phones though.

JoshB101 in the other Avid thread mentions the iffy ZTE quality. I went through most of the ZTE posts here and that seems to be the case. Problems with their cheaper phones, the higher zoot one is fine once it's rooted (and I'm not a rooter so far...) That doesn't help me a bit with the Avid being Brand Spanking New. (Usually more issues with the 1st model of Anything) I REALLY Don't Want to start out with Metro with a wonky phone.

Not to mention that the Motion is just such a dang Stone Cold no debate good choice too. AGGHHHH!

For me I guess it's going to boil down to some of the first comments/critiques from those here who get one in their paws first.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones