• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Avid compatiblity

IF the Avid has exactly the same processor as the Motion I don't think has been totally shown yet, but keep in mind the Avid definitely Does Have just HALF the Ram the Motion does at 512k.

I think that'll make At Least as much difference in high end gaming as any processor difference between the Motion and Avid would.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Upvote 0
IF the Avid has exactly the same processor as the Motion I don't think has been totally shown yet, but keep in mind the Avid definitely Does Have just HALF the Ram the Motion does at 512k.

I think that'll make At Least as much difference in high end gaming as any processor difference between the Motion and Avid would.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Wrong! (sorry no offense) but the Avid does have 1GB's of ram! I've had one I've been able to test with against the Motion and GS3 since Saturday night now! It also has the same chipset as the GS3 and Motion! I've tested Street Fighter IV, Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Asphalt 7, Dark Knight Rises, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Jet Set Radio Future, Sonic Jump, Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, Angry Birds Star Wars, and Superbrother: Sword and Sorcery!

In my opinion what makes the Avid a better device than the Motion (and even an advantage over the GS3) is that it not only runs stock Android but also has apps to sd without root just completely stock out of the box! Even with root the Motion and GS3 has problems with apps to sd when using root apps like gl to sd! Even though on paper the Motion looks better as it has 5GB vs the Avids 2.3GB the Avid has the potential of holding a lot more apps and games with apps to sd! We aren't talking about expandable external storage here as you can use that all day long for pictures, videos, and music but not for apps like BIG GAMES! With a 32GB card the Avid can fit more big games than the GS3 with its 16GB and the Motion with its 5GB! It has the bigger higher res screen than the Motion, has LOUD SRS sound enhancement, and the pulse notification light like the GS3!

Reactions: BluSamurai
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones