• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Blade 2.2 Android Swedish Spring - Is it good? Should I buy it?

How much are they asking for it?

It's a budget Android phone, so it's not going to be the greatest Android experience, but for the price (and once you've put an alternative ROM on there), it's actually pretty good.

It lacks a decent camera and there's no flash support in the web browser, but those are the only real downsides. I got one for the other half for Xmas and she's still delighted with it.

Upvote 0
How much are they asking for it?

It's a budget Android phone, so it's not going to be the greatest Android experience, but for the price (and once you've put an alternative ROM on there), it's actually pretty good.

It lacks a decent camera and there's no flash support in the web browser, but those are the only real downsides. I got one for the other half for Xmas and she's still delighted with it.

Hi

There is actually a hacked Flash version for ARM 6 processors, like on the Blade/OSF.....

kinda hit and miss, but it allowed me to install Tinyshark, which requires Flash installed.

I'm still on SS5, Gen2......:D

tried that GSF, didn't like, that feckin' SS5 has me spoiled :p

gonna wait for the .35 kernel release, then maybe upgrade again, either CM7 or GSF, (if wbaw continues to develop, looks unlikely).

Upvote 0
Definitely sounds pretty good then.

I think I'm just going to swap my BB Curve 8900 for it straight swap as I can't seem to get on with it.

Cheers for all the information. Appreciated.

Hi Dean......

just be aware there is a learning curve when you may want to upgrade, or change your ROM, or get a new SD card, or whatever......

but lot's of info here, Android Forums, and especially on Modaco, also XDA

Ya won't be bored for long Dean......:D

Upvote 0
When you say about getting a new SD card?

What happens if I buy the phone and it doesn't come with an SD card?

Thanks

If you're gettin an OSF/Blade, the minimum should be at least the SD Card it was sold with originally, which was 2GB. If your lucky, it will have a bigger SD Card.

BTW, Swedish Spring also comes in GEN2....mine is a GEN2 SS5.....and I have "upgraded" to Ginger Stir Fry, was disappointed, and went back to SS5.

If you want to go to an Android 2.3, it is best to have a GEN2, as all 2.3 ROM's will be GEN2.

You can check for GEN1/2 with Blade Buddy. This App also does a lot more......

or Ask Mr Pigfish, which only checks which Gen your OSF/Blade is.

You have fun!!!

Upvote 0
Definitely sounds pretty good then.

I think I'm just going to swap my BB Curve 8900 for it straight swap as I can't seem to get on with it.

Cheers for all the information. Appreciated.

I also went from an 8900 to an Orange San Francisco. The only thing I miss about my 8900 was the better battery life. I certainly don't miss the lack of 3G, the small screen and the lack of fun apps. My 8900 had a habbit of resetting at the slightest knock as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones