• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE blade V

ruby52

Lurker
Jun 5, 2016
My phone specs are:
ZTE Blade V Model #: ZTE V993W
Build #: ZTE_V993W_T01
Kernel version: 3.4.67
Android version: 4.4.2

Has anyone the same phone? I find very little info online and what I find is in Indian or Russian?
I'm looking at what application to root the phone and what custom rom's I can install?
I am a newbie, but I use Linux Mint on my desktop so I'm familliar with the concept of 'root access' It's very easy in Linux (just 'sudo command' enter password) but with Android they make you jump trough hoops and/or you have to use exploits to gain access to 'your' phone!
The above phone is dual sim, but the first sim is G3 and the second G2? G2 is in the process of been phased out and will be useless by the end of the year (I live in Australia). If the phone is rooted, will it be possible to add G4 support to one sim and G3 to the second? or would that need a 'Hardware' upgrade?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones