ZTE - Boost Mobile Warp Online Upgrade ToolSupport

1. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Update (Jan 04 2012 9:40am EST)

Handy tool that serves many purposes other than intended.

OTA RootKeeper
    https://market.android.com/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.otarootkeeper

Update (Dec 30 2011 3:00am EST)

Stuck with the Froyo version of Android Market after using the ZTE Online Update tool?

You can either be patient and the Market app will update itself, you can force an update, or you can download and manually install the current Market v3.4.4 yourself.

Force an update using the instructions found at Updating Android Market - Android Market Help

Download 3.4.4 from HERE and manually install.

Update
    (Aug 18 2012 5:43pm EST; Changed link to ZippyShare)

If you need the below files that were offered on the ZTE website to update/restore your phone I've rar'd and uploaded the below two files(exe and pdf) to ZippyShare.

As of Dec 26 2011 this method is confirmed working as per the thread
    "Tips B08 update for rooted users."

Remember to backup if you still have the capability prior to using this method as it will wipe your data and apps. And restore afterward.

Also,
    your SD card will get wiped too so it would be wise to remove it prior. Or backup the whole card to your PC and then proceed to update.

Zippyshare.com - ZTE_Online_Upgrade_Tool.rar < rar'd exe and pdf instructions, no password req'd

If for some reason the rar archive disappears from ZippyShare feel free to PM me and I'll re-up ASAP.

Update
    (Dec 25 2011 5:30am EST)

Boost themselves are now offering via an OTA update a non-destructive(meaning no backup prior and restore afterward req'd, your apps and data are kept intact) firmware update to the as of this moment current
    N860V1.0.0B08 firmware

To begin the OTA firmware update procedure:
    Menu > Settings > About phone > System updates > Update Firmware

It will take under 10mins with a good 3G signal, start to finish.

Advertisement
    :
    Table83, blue2107 and ronk734 like this.
  2. Knoxville363

Knoxville363 Well-Known Member

Hmmm shall I do this or not....decisions decisions...thanks for the links though.
  3. ronk734

ronk734 Active Member

Looks interesting. Tells you to back up your phone.
  4. GamingForever

GamingForever Well-Known Member

What's the upgrade for?
  5. aladdin99

aladdin99 Well-Known Member

If you phone is working fine dont do it. It wipes everything. This is for folks that mess up the software.
    Paul Nerd, kryptonyt and ronk734 like this.
  6. cas8180

cas8180 Well-Known Member

So I ran the tool and before it does the upgrade it lets you know if you even need it. And sure enough my device was out of date. I dont remember the exact version but my current version ended in 06 and the latest is 07. So I rebooted my phone downloaded mybackup and backed up all my apps and text messages. I am running the upgrade now and will report how it turns out. I am hoping it will solve some of my issues with random reboots and wifi freezing.
  7. cas8180

Sorry I forgot to mention that the upgrade tool actually contacts ZTE's server and checks for the update. Right now its downloading the update which I assume may be a whole ROM replacement as its 123mb so I am excited to see if this brings any enhancements.
  8. ronk1030

ronk1030 Member

Whats happening?? Thanks
  9. cas8180

Ran the update just fine. Everything went through successfully. Reroot worked just fine as well. I ran mybackup and restored everything back because it does do a full wipe. But mybackup restored my apps + data so I am all good. So those wishing to run the update I would say its safe to do just may want to backup your system using a tool like mybackup prior to updating.
  10. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

one finding: camera freeze issue be fixed in Spanish mode in this upgrade!!
  11. Kamau

Kamau Well-Known Member

Quick question.
    Do you download this link on the phone, or on a computer?
    Also, how long does it take?
  12. Mikie0607

Mikie0607 Member

I'm trying to boot into FTM mode by holding volume down and the power button at the same time, but it just boots up like normal, no FTM mode.

Anyone know how to fix this? It's not rooted or anything.

Edit: Got it, wasn't doing it correctly.
  13. cas8180

Its a download straight to your computer.
  14. dylanp

dylanp Well-Known Member

Can you tell me how you got it into FTM mode...I tried for a while and it kept booting up too....this is crazy, i just got my Warp today and I am playing around loading apps and such before I activate it...will the FTM work without it being activated?
  15. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

With the phone off(not standby!), keep holding the side volumes "Down' button, and restart your phone.
  16. paulbonner

paulbonner Well-Known Member

I used the online update tool the other day--I'd been experiencing a couple of freeze-ups a day--generally while using a web browser. (And then -- long story -- I managed to screw up the permissions on the stock Music app, which turns out to be an essential component for any app that browses for media on your sd card.) The tool worked flawlessly, and updated my system to build N860V1.0.0B07. Since then the random crashes/freeze-ups seem to have disappeared, and the system overall seems to be running more smoothly. So I'd recommend it if you're having any stability issues with your Warp.
    godraw likes this.
  17. jjohnbubby5

jjohnbubby5 Well-Known Member

Mine said update not successful, my verson ended with 06 and the update ended with a 08. i dont know why is sais unsuccessful. Is it because my phone is rooted??? ill try again this weekend or maybe earlyer. please any feedback would be appreciated
  18. Delvien

Delvien Active Member

Mine says the same thing, ZTE's server may be down
  19. freedomfighter

freedomfighter Well-Known Member

just updated and noticed that the marketplace looks very different
  20. jjohnbubby5

jjohnbubby5 Well-Known Member

just updated to the 08 version and root wont work, its saying device not connected
  21. sopranos_1964

sopranos_1964 Member

i did all the upgrades yesterday. the prl,profile,firmware and when i got done my build number now says n860v1.0.0b08. the one that did it i think was the firmware. now i have a "update zte software" link. i did all this from the phone. no downloading from zte site or using usb cable to pc.
    ReyNegrin likes this.
  22. godraw

godraw Well-Known Member

Thanks. I noticed the "Firmware' update offered in the phones GUI too.
  23. cas8180

Have you guys noticed anything different in b08 ? Stability / freeze fixes? More stability? Better performance? Any Camera enhancements?

Has Anyone got root to work successfully on b08?
  24. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

That's what I'm concerned about.. I hope the update didnt break the root!
  25. shinru2004

shinru2004 Well-Known Member Developer

it didnt im running B08 and root works just fine! so dont be afraid to update and the new version seems a bit smoother then before i also have the zip file if someone needs it