• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Max Stock B06 4.4.2 Deodexed, Custom, and Unmodified

I am now on 4.4.2 Deodexed and Unbloated Rooted with SDcard fix. Thanks to SuperR and theminor19 for all the work they did. There isn't much development for our phones and without them none of this would be possible. Now its time to get link2sd on and start downloading apps and optimizing.

On 4.1.2 I was running like 4 or 5 very very lightweight optimizing apps from Gejos enterprise. All for rooted phones and all had 4.0 and higher rating. Does anyone have any experience with these apps and if they work or are a placebo

Performance Booster (root) - 122 KB size - manages kernel process for all layers, so you will get the fastest for any processes in your rom

RAM Booster (root) - 58 KB size - manages RAM process for better RAM management

Internet Booster (root) - 147 KB - you will find faster internet connection and stable with internet speed boost up around 40% to 70% of speed than before

Digitizer Booster (root) - 55KB - configures for the best screen graphics settings in the system ROM for fast screen scrolling and still smooth even fast scroll, more responsive, better in digi-touch experience

I was running these 4 programs along with setCPU on 4.1.2 and my phone was pretty snappy. But I was hoping others would test these apps out or chime in. I like the fact that they are root only apps lightweight and free and the paid versions are mainly just add free.

Josh

Upvote 0
Can someone please write a complete idiots guide to installing all this with links to Philz recovery and everything to say I'm lost is a complete understatement I have been doing rooting my phones since my first android and with this I am not comprehending something.
I updated the OP with a link to PhilZ where it says "NOTE2: Your device must have CWM/PhilZ to flash ROMs." Otherwise, the instructions are pretty much noob friendly already.

Upvote 0
I am now on 4.4.2 Deodexed and Unbloated Rooted with SDcard fix. Thanks to SuperR and theminor19 for all the work they did. There isn't much development for our phones and without them none of this would be possible. Now its time to get link2sd on and start downloading apps and optimizing.

On 4.1.2 I was running like 4 or 5 very very lightweight optimizing apps from Gejos enterprise. All for rooted phones and all had 4.0 and higher rating. Does anyone have any experience with these apps and if they work or are a placebo

Performance Booster (root) - 122 KB size - manages kernel process for all layers, so you will get the fastest for any processes in your rom

RAM Booster (root) - 58 KB size - manages RAM process for better RAM management

Internet Booster (root) - 147 KB - you will find faster internet connection and stable with internet speed boost up around 40% to 70% of speed than before

Digitizer Booster (root) - 55KB - configures for the best screen graphics settings in the system ROM for fast screen scrolling and still smooth even fast scroll, more responsive, better in digi-touch experience

I was running these 4 programs along with setCPU on 4.1.2 and my phone was pretty snappy. But I was hoping others would test these apps out or chime in. I like the fact that they are root only apps lightweight and free and the paid versions are mainly just add free.

Josh
Hey I just wanted to know how you got link 2sd working on our phone, I did the partition and it would not show on the app,if you can tell me step by step I would appreciate it ,I'm going to download the apps you recommended to and let you know how they work for me

Upvote 0
Hey i haven't checked the forums in a while but i used mini tool partition wizard.

First you need to delete the external sd from the mini tool. This option will be at the top in the middle. Just make sure you have your sd card highlighted and not your c drive or something. After you click delete you'll have to click apply. After every option in mini tool you should have apply as an option. I guess its a security feature but i think some people skip this.

The next few steps are easy but important. First partition is fat 32 and the 2nd is ext 4 not ext 2. On fat 32 this will be the space on your external sd. The percentages should be around 20-25% for your 2nd partition of your total external sd card. Like if you have a 16gb choose 4000mb or 4gb not as far as huge sd cards i still think making the 2nd partition (ext4) no bigger than 6gb or 6000mb or 20-25% of the sd card is crucial in this actually working. When you select fat 32 the first partition make sure you choose the exact number left for the 2nd partition ext 4. like if the total sd card is 32 and you choose 27 gb or 270000 mb than it should show 5 gb or 5000 mb left over. I think after all that something like apply or partition will be an option. Its been a while so i cant remember what the ui on mini tool looks like. But this should work for you. Just remember dont make the partition for ext4 bigger than 6gb or so and never more than 20-25% of your total sd card space.

After all that download and install link2sd than reboot than open up link2sd and i think create mount will pop up than reboot again. Open up link2sd and click storage info in settings and your 2nd partition should show up

Hope this helps or anybody that wants to use link2sd.

Upvote 0
Hey superR great work with this fone but is there any chance we can get you to put out an AOSP kit kat rom or an update to your super rom I really like the flexibility that xposed framework gives our roms but great work so far I've had 2 of these running super for a couple days and it's better than my sgsIII now
I don't think I will do another SuperROM or AOSP for this device. However, you can install Xposed Framework on the stock 4.4.2 rom (KitKat) and get nearly every feature you could ever want.

Reactions: klownprince420
Upvote 0
Will keep my eyes open thanks a million bro
Give this one a try.

Features:
OC kernel
sdcard fix
Xposed Framework
GravityBox
Host file tweaks

Download:
stormer_stock_B06_custom.zip

How to use Xposed Framework:
Once the ROM is running on your device, go to your app drawer and select Xposed Installer. Click Framework, then Install/Update and give it root permission. Hit cancel when it asks you to reboot, then go back and click on Modules. Check the box next to GravityBox and reboot. Now you can open GravityBox from the app drawer and start playing around with stuff.

Reactions: klownprince420
Upvote 0
hi guy´s, i can put ZTE Max in diag by typing *983*87274# in dialer and choosing "all functions"
But I still can't figure how to read MSL/SPC...calling the boost is not possible. I have bought phone on Ebay, and not have sim card inside, Help please
When I got my Warp 4G, it came from Ebay and did not have a sim card either. I had to call Boost at least 10 times until I finally got to a rep that sent a sim to me. They can do it but they don't want to.

edit: the card you need is called a UICC, not sim fyi

edit2: here is a link to buy one on Amazon if you can't get them to send you one
http://www.amazon.com/Sprint-Freedompop-Samsung-Supreme-Optimus/dp/B00JS9UO3M

Upvote 0
on Warp 4G, people get msl/spc using MSLUtility.apk, but on ZTE MAX i received this error, may be ideas how to fix it?
mU9uJY7-zOU.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones