• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Merit. Broken Charger? Help!!

My phones been acting up. The other day I was charging my phone, after about half an hour I unplugged it and my boyfriend charged his phone. (it's straighttalk so they all have the same charger.) I went to put my phone back on charge and it wouldn't charge. It fit perfectly.
Now it won't charge with ANY charger except one, and it falls out a lot. I also have to hold the charger in place in order for it to charge.
I need to fix this soon because I need a phone considering I'm pregnant and need to call somebody if I go into labor! (Due date october 29th)
Please help!

It would probably be better if you had a Mod move this to the Avail/Merit form.

These phones are very picky about there chargers. If it is the USB falling out of the phone then a new cable may do the trick. Walmart has a cheep $7 universal car charger I know works. An other option is to get one of the chargers from ebay that charges the battery out of the phone.

Upvote 0
My phones been acting up. The other day I was charging my phone, after about half an hour I unplugged it and my boyfriend charged his phone. (it's straighttalk so they all have the same charger.) I went to put my phone back on charge and it wouldn't charge. It fit perfectly.
Now it won't charge with ANY charger except one, and it falls out a lot. I also have to hold the charger in place in order for it to charge.
I need to fix this soon because I need a phone considering I'm pregnant and need to call somebody if I go into labor! (Due date october 29th)
Please help!

Mine did this. i think the pin connectors are defective. i got another phone. im a sub contractor so i need my phone working 24 / 7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones