ZTE Merit texting dictionarySupport

1. NougatCat

NougatCat New Member

Hello all!
    Found these forums while trying to google my issue, and great to find such a thorough place for everything that might come up!
    After being behind the times for a while, I decided to plunge into a new smartphone, and settled on the ZTE Merit (990G). After the initial geeking out period playing with the different options and apps, I linked my phone to my google accounts to be able to check stuff on the go, after which it 'helpfully' decided to import every single gmail contact into my phone Contacts. Eh, I can just go through and delete all the unnecessary ones. But I noticed a frustration when starting to then text messages to friends... is there no built in dictionary on this phone? Because whenever I'm typing out my word, and the space between the keyboard and text box where it's supposed to intuitively suggest words, it does nothing. All/any of the words that it does suggest, are names from my imported contacts, or parts of their email/contact info. Thanks, but no thanks, google.
    Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

I use Touch Pal. It is the best keyboard I've tried by far. It does have a few bugs in it but is almost flawless in sms.