Zte peel

Last Updated:

1. phonegirl81

phonegirl81 Member This Topic's Starter

hi everyone I just got the EVO and I love it but sprint just came out with this thing called the peel it is supposed to make your ipod touch into an iphone? what are your thoughts and opinions on this? has anyone seen this or heard about it? it just seems like its more trouble than its worth seeing as you have to buy the peel (Sprint sells seprately, w/o contract) and then buy an ipod touch and since its not an iphone just an ipod touch it doesnt have a speaker hole like a normal phone?
    thanks in advance :)

Advertisement
  2. akazabam

akazabam Well-Known Member

It's basically a wifi hotspot that the device sits in and connects to - not a phone (from what I understand). I don't think you'll find too many people around here recommending it unless you've already got an ipod touch that you need to have connected to 3g. This is definitely not something you'd use in place of a phone.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

The ZTE Peel is pretty cool. But since you already have a Sprint account and an EVO, I would just activate the HotSpot on your EVO with Sprint. Its 30bucks a month, allows 8 devices to connect wirelessly at a time, you can cancel this "add-on" at any time, and it works awesome. I use my EVO's HotSpot every day, and love it. Added bonus: Your friends will drool even more over your EVO when you allow them all to connect wirelessly to it for their interent. In addition to working well, there is no out of pocket cost, because you already have hardware built into your EVO.

4. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

iPod Touch sucks compared to Android. I have a 32GB iPod Touch, plust 2G iPhone, plus 3GS iPhone. Does not compare to Evo.

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

Why would you compare a media viewer to a phone?

They do a lot of the same things, but the ipod touch is an over grown mp3 player.

6. phonegirl81

phonegirl81 Member This Topic's Starter

I know right! I just always thought about having an iphone and never wanted to leave Sprint and go to AT&T lol I thought that was an easy way to have an "iphone" I love my EVO though!!