ZTE Skate (AKA Monte Carlo)General

Last Updated: 2012-11-21 14:45:20
  1. Mavis Cruet

Mavis Cruet Well-Known Member

Here in the UK, my friend bought the Orange Monte Carlo last week. Cost around

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

Isn't the screen resistive as opposed to capacitive? That put me off big style.

Given the blade was so easy to root and mod, hopefully this will follow suit.
  3. El Presidente

I was looking at one in the shop the other day and the guy seemed to think it was resistive. It also said pressure sensitive screen on the display stand where as all the other phones said capacitive. :\
  4. Mavis Cruet

Can you explain the difference to me please?
  5. El Presidente

Resistive is several "plates" of conducting material, pressing down makes these plates touch, completing a circuit. Generally takes a bit of pressure to work properly and is a bit less responsive. I don't think it supports multi touch either.

Capacitive works by picking up on the electrical current in your finger. No pressure is needed and it's a lot more responsive. The downside being it won't work with gloves on or with a stylus.

Touchscreen lowdown -- Resistive vs Capacitive - Features - Know Your Mobile
  6. Mavis Cruet

Thanks for the info ..

Although I have a Desire which works well with a foam tipped stylus.
  7. El Presidente

8. amg_1969

amg_1969 Well-Known Member

Weird I had the same thing, in the shop it said pressure sensitive screen, but on the orange website it says capacitive, me thinks they don't know
  9. biep

biep Member

This phone has been offered this weekend in the Supermarket Aldi in Belgium for 199
  10. cryoglobe

cryoglobe Member

yes ... biep .. and I got one :)

It's a quite good device for the price
    ( even if some people think it's too expensive , and they prefers / prentend to find something like a Galaxy S second hand or even brand new for the same price )

I'm already root on it , with a ClockworkMod recovery ( for full backup , and alternative rom installation )
    And there is already alternative roms ..

I'm currently back on the original rom that I found quite smooth and fast.
    ( with Launcher pro )
    My only problem , is the low size on the applications partition ( internal ) = 162MB
    ( especially coming from a Blade with resized partitions to 290 Mb for the internal apps )
  11. Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 Well-Known Member

You managed to root the Skate?

Is it running 2.3.5 please? I have not yet managed to root mine.

Any special problems with doing so?
  12. LyndaKelly

LyndaKelly Member

It's definitely a capacitive screen. I bought mine on Ebay already rooted and with Android 2.3.7 installed. Bought it earlier this month and I'm loving it.

Cheers, Lynda~:)
    El Presidente likes this.
  13. bartvdv

bartvdv New Member

same here and there are a lot of rooting possibilities and custom roms etc and yes it 's a cap. screen
  14. El Presidente

ZTE are pretty good when it comes to leaving their devices open so it would seem, one of my handsets, the ZTE Blade has one of the easiest root and install a custom ROM procedure I've seen on any Android handset.
  15. Mavis Cruet

I've bought a ZTE Skate (started life as an Orange Monte Carlo) my son rooted and de-cluttered it, and it's running one of the Cyanogen nightly roms ..2.37. Also overclocked and runs smoothly at just under 1000. It's a very responsive phone, the screen is lovely, every bit as good s my HTC Desire.I'm very happy with it.
  16. Dc Geek

Dc Geek New Member

How do you easily root the Orange monte carlo, without the computer? I have been struggling...?
  17. whateverilove

whateverilove New Member

I have a Monte Carlo and find it AMAZING but as for music i downloaded poweramp and it automatically saves music to your phone libarary i think it is adviseable to get one as it is a android and android have loads of things on them if you have any more Questions about this phone or androids please message me or whatever
  18. chukka

chukka New Member

I've just bought a ZTE Skate for my step father, currently running Gingerbread but I would like to upgrade to ICS, does anyone know if this can be done or will the phone not take it. On the whole looks like a nice phone and was quite impressed with the price.