• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Source (N9511)

Those of you who own the N9511, take a look at the XDA thread!
We have a preliminary CWM build, thanks to Junkie2100, but it's not 100% yet. We also have root, thanks to Krsmqn. I've also managed to pull our partition table, identify how to obtain FTM and recovery modes, and how to make ADB and fastboot work.
The problem is that we have no one working on a ROM yet. I dd'd the boot and recovery images, and used an online nandroid backup app to pull a .tar of the system image. They're available on the thread. We also hope to have a CWM backup of the full, stock w/root system soon. We've submitted a request for our own thread on here, through Junkie2100, and should have something set up soon. Until then, here's the images I have, maybe you folks can have a look and mess with them for awhile?

system.ext4.img

boot.img

recovery.img

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here, or come over to the XDA thread and see what's happening for yourselves. We really need some talented Dev's, and I'm sure we can raise some cash if we need to.

Reactions: Krsmqn
Those of you who own the N9511, take a look at the XDA thread!
We have a preliminary CWM build, thanks to Junkie2100, but it's not 100% yet. We also have root, thanks to Krsmqn. I've also managed to pull our partition table, identify how to obtain FTM and recovery modes, and how to make ADB and fastboot work.
The problem is that we have no one working on a ROM yet. I dd'd the boot and recovery images, and used an online nandroid backup app to pull a .tar of the system image. They're available on the thread. We also hope to have a CWM backup of the full, stock w/root system soon. We've submitted a request for our own thread on here, through Junkie2100, and should have something set up soon. Until then, here's the images I have, maybe you folks can have a look and mess with them for awhile?

system.ext4.img

boot.img

recovery.img

If you have any questions feel free to PM me here, or come over to the XDA thread and see what's happening for yourselves. We really need some talented Dev's, and I'm sure we can raise some cash if we need to.

The boot.img link is unfound. Can you reupload it? Thanks!

Reactions: daveyboi88
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones