• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE SPEED.......

MLSS

Android Expert
May 20, 2013
Nelsonville, Ohio
I just bought a few of these to keep around for a couple of our foster kids. When they start to work hard and follow the rules we like to reward them and cell phones are almost a must these days.
... Anyhow

I didn't see this phone listed in the device section. Has anyone ever else purchased or used this phone. I have been playing around with it in the evening for a few days and I think it's a good phone for the price. We are giving this one to a young man who has had a rough life and is to old to get adopted so he will be with us for a few years. He has worked so hard to turn his life around and I hope he is able to enjoy this phone.

I just bought a few of these to keep around for a couple of our foster kids. When they start to work hard and follow the rules we like to reward them and cell phones are almost a must these days.
... Anyhow

I didn't see this phone listed in the device section. Has anyone ever else purchased or used this phone. I have been playing around with it in the evening for a few days and I think it's a good phone for the price. We are giving this one to a young man who has had a rough life and is to old to get adopted so he will be with us for a few years. He has worked so hard to turn his life around and I hope he is able to enjoy this phone.

It may have bad reviews, but you cant beat the specs for the price, around $40 onsale
It looks very capable for a modern phone

Snapdragon 410 processor
4.4 KitKat
1.2GHz Quad Core
4.5" LCD
3G/4G LTE - HD Voice - Bluetooth 4.0 - Sprint Spark - 32GB MicroSD card support

Upvote 0
I bought 3 a couple weeks ago when they were on sale at target for 20$. I gave one to my tween and she loves it. She had the desire 510 prior. I recently purchased the prevail lte and consistently drop calls with it. So I've been using another one of the zte speeds that i bought. I prefer the look etc of the prevail, but With the problems that I've had...I'll stick With the zte speed.

Upvote 0
The reviews make it sound awful but I don't think it is that bad.
It is that bad, the device just isn't consistent, and is a gamble with each one. Some have speaker issues, signal issues, and the worst is when the phone just shuts off and won't Power on. I refuse to stock the device unless I have too. The percentage of failure of ones that I sold is around 70 percent.

Upvote 0
Ima buy one there on sale at Kmart IMA find a way to root it
Do you really wanna Root a device you can't pull the battery from..?? Good luck & be careful, bro. Read some more on phones with unremovable batteries, cuz if ur phone locks up while tricking it out, it may become a problem.. ZTE is purposely trying to make the system become unstable after Root ( a conversation I had with ZTE's tech dept a few months ago, Lol)

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0
Do you really wanna Root a device you can't pull the battery from..?? Good luck & be careful, bro. Read some more on phones with unremovable batteries, cuz if ur phone locks up while tricking it out, it may become a problem.. ZTE is purposely trying to make the system become unstable after Root ( a conversation I had with ZTE's tech dept a few months ago, Lol)
Moto g u can't remove batt either and there's all kinda ROMs

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
The phones are cheap I mess it up I will get a new one I going to see if I can temp root the device first then I can have my dev make a recovery to flash su over. Just a dummy device for testing

Upvote 0
The phones are cheap I mess it up I will get a new one I going to see if I can temp root the device first then I can have my dev make a recovery to flash su over. Just a dummy device for testing
Sweet. At least you have a plan of action then. Hope to hear more on the LP for Warp4G soon too

Reactions: devilschild26
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones