• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Supreme OTA update

Hey guys!

So I got this phone in December, and of course as soon as I could, I rooted it so I could uninstall all the bloatware that came preinstalled. Like a dummy, I didn't think to make a backup of my phone before doing so. I'm now trying to install the recent OTA update, but when I try, it fails because I was missing Real Racing 3 and Sprintzone. I have since done a factory reset, hoping that would fix any problems. However, I'm still having problems installing the update. Note, I have CWM v. 6.0.3.7 if that helps. Anyway, I followed the instructions listed on another forum to install the update, copy-pasting the downloaded update to the root of my SD card. It aborts, giving this message:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "zte_quantum"
E:Error in /sdcard/2389beae11997d5957f823c09419a42a0e6cafe8.N9810_B19_TO_MR_B05.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Is there a way to fix the problem? I'm not very familiar with tinkering with phones these days, so any help is much appreciated! Also, when I did the factory reset, Real Racing 3 did not install so I installed it through the play store. Dunno if that makes a difference. :)

Rooting probably changed a few system files (which is why you should always root manually, not use a rooting program), and the update firmware sees those changes and won't update the phone. Flash a stock ROM to it, then update.

(A factory reset removes any additions you made to the phone, like your email account, apps, etc. It doesn't add system files you've deleted.)

Upvote 0
Hey guys!

So I got this phone in December, and of course as soon as I could, I rooted it so I could uninstall all the bloatware that came preinstalled. Like a dummy, I didn't think to make a backup of my phone before doing so. I'm now trying to install the recent OTA update, but when I try, it fails because I was missing Real Racing 3 and Sprintzone. I have since done a factory reset, hoping that would fix any problems. However, I'm still having problems installing the update. Note, I have CWM v. 6.0.3.7 if that helps. Anyway, I followed the instructions listed on another forum to install the update, copy-pasting the downloaded update to the root of my SD card. It aborts, giving this message:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "zte_quantum"
E:Error in /sdcard/2389beae11997d5957f823c09419a42a0e6cafe8.N9810_B19_TO_MR_B05.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Is there a way to fix the problem? I'm not very familiar with tinkering with phones these days, so any help is much appreciated! Also, when I did the factory reset, Real Racing 3 did not install so I installed it through the play store. Dunno if that makes a difference. :)

We were all on the same boat. LOL. But thanks to SuperR, he saved our butts.:D

Flash the ROM with update already installed and flash update partion:
http://androidforums.com/vital-all-things-root/838359-rom-supreme-stock-b09-deodexed-unmodified.html

If you have any questions or run to any problems post it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Okay, so probably a dumb question. How do I flash ROMs? Do I need to download CWM? If I do, where could I find it? I just looked in my phone and saw I am running:
Android 4.1.2
Baseband version N9810B01
Kernel version 3.4.0-perf-svn5733 zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
SW version N9810V1.0.0B06
HW version c9zB.
Dunno which of those are important or not :p thought it best to give all valid info I can. Anyway, in the link you gave me, it shows the stock debloated/deodexed/rooted B09 rom, the stock rooted B09 rom, and completely unmodified stock B09 rom, all 4.1.2. Which do I need to use?

Also, it says if I'm still running B06, then I also need to flash the partition updater and the rom. I'm assuming the rom it's referring to at this point is one of the above mentioned roms? Thanks so much for your help!

Upvote 0
I thought u said u had cwm already.

Download cwm from here: http://androidforums.com/vital-all-things-root/809158-cwm-beta-working.html

Flash ROM then right after that flash update partition. Then reboot and enjoy. I used debloated, less crap taking up space.

In the zip for the stock debloated rom, there are two folders (meta-inf and system), plus a boot.img. Do I copy all three over to the root of my SD card on my phone, or just the boot.img? And similar question for the flash update, there are two files buried in folder after folder, do I copy those files to the SD card, or just copy it in the folder?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm relatively new when it comes to modding phones. :)

Upvote 0
In the zip for the stock debloated rom, there are two folders (meta-inf and system), plus a boot.img. Do I copy all three over to the root of my SD card on my phone, or just the boot.img? And similar question for the flash update, there are two files buried in folder after folder, do I copy those files to the SD card, or just copy it in the folder?

Sorry for all the questions! I'm relatively new when it comes to modding phones. :)

So you have installed CWM, right? Do not unzip files. Just put the zip files in the root of your sd card. Boot into recovery, backup your phone using CWM, wipe data/factory reset to start fresh, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Then go to Install zip, choose zip from sdcard, choose the ROM, then right after that choose the partition update. After that reboot phone.

To get a better idea how to flash ROMs, look up on YouTube how to do it. It's really easy but can be daunting if first time.

Reactions: zeldaluvr2007
Upvote 0
So you have installed CWM, right? Do not unzip files. Just put the zip files in the root of your sd card. Boot into recovery, backup your phone using CWM, wipe data/factory reset to start fresh, wipe cache, wipe dalvik. Then go to Install zip, choose zip from sdcard, choose the ROM, then right after that choose the partition update. After that reboot phone.

To get a better idea how to flash ROMs, look up on YouTube how to do it. It's really easy but can be daunting if first time.

Thanks for your help! I forgot to wipe cache and dalvik, but everything installed without a problem and my phone is running fine :) The new bootlogo is nice, too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones