• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE U960 ROM Discussion

Before deleting all the data he can also try to delete the data of google play store from the application manager ... If not work, delete all data from privacy menu ...
I was able to fix it following this fix (except for the permission fix as i couldt not find that in the menu)

Still thanks for the help, and for all the great work you both have been doing.

Upvote 0
I had verify it now: if I'm on right you have had installed before a rom from etotalk version 1.4 ... in fact in the v1.4 there is more translation than in the newer roms ... I'll see how to fix it ...
Info on what my phone was running when i got it from EtoTalk is here:
http://androidforums.com/u960-all-things-root/510094-zte-u960-rom-discussion-4.html#post4233218
if you want i can provide my backup files if they are of any use to you (crosses fingers that i did the backup right)

Upvote 0
I am running on this overclocked ROM (395MB version) since last night. Great performance, and love the UI. Qudrant Score of 2.756!. Google Apps fully working (installed seperatly, as not in ROM). Smoot and stable so far :D
I've seen, and is from there that comes the kernel I used, but for other 16Mb of ram you have lost the support to the init.d (eg V6SuperCharger and so on) so I kept the my ramdisk with 379Mb of ram and the init.d support ... I'm trying to figure out how to retrieve the other 16Mb of ram and maintain support for init.d ...

Upvote 0
Here is an issue, that I'm faced today - GPS cannot find any satellites on streets, near window in my apartment, even if I left it on 1 hour or more. GPS was enabled on status bar. Also I installed latest firmware from etotalk , reconfigured gps.conf - no results. Can someone help me? Where is my mistake?

This never happened to me on ZTE, but I faced this on other Android phones.

If you cant get the fix in few seconds, something went wrong on the GPS interface, and a reboot is needed.

Upvote 0
This never happened to me on ZTE, but I faced this on other Android phones.

If you cant get the fix in few seconds, something went wrong on the GPS interface, and a reboot is needed.

Honestly? Have no idea too. By the way if I use google maps or yandex maps (a-gps is needed) with 3g/wifi network, then it shows my location; but if I use sygic nav or navitel (sirf III gps chip is needed) without internet, phone cannot find any satellite. At the same time another phones with gps in the same place are working perfectly. Could it be sirf gps chip defect?

Upvote 0
Honestly? Have no idea too. By the way if I use google maps or yandex maps (a-gps is needed) with 3g/wifi network, then it shows my location; but if I use sygic nav or navitel (sirf III gps chip is needed) without internet, phone cannot find any satellite. At the same time another phones with gps in the same place are working perfectly. Could it be sirf gps chip defect?
I never had that problem...
If is possible, you can try to do a complete backup of your rom and data throught your recovery and titanium (so you can restore in case it is need) and try to install my last rom to see if it can solve the problem ...

Upvote 0
Why not upload it on a more western friendly place ?

I wanted to, and have tried to upload, but the upload kept failing... Right now I am away from home for business, but will try again once I get back home...

In the mean time, there is a new version ready, that can be downloaded here (slow speed...). I cannot get access to the other download links, as you need to comment to get them, and you can apparently only comment between 7:00 and 3:00...

Upvote 0
I wanted to, and have tried to upload, but the upload kept failing... Right now I am away from home for business, but will try again once I get back home...
no problem, I had done it ...

In the mean time, there is a new version ready, that can be downloaded here (slow speed...). I cannot get access to the other download links, as you need to comment to get them, and you can apparently only comment between 7:00 and 3:00...
I'm downloading it, when finish I'll try it and publish tomorrow the resul ...
Thank for the link ...

Upvote 0
I tryied a new kernel with the cpu speed increased to 1.4GHz ...
This is the result of quandrant of this morning .
View attachment 30745

as always, is provided WITHOUT WARRANTY and install at your own RISK ...
This is the link of the update

PS: remain unchanged all the previous changes (ram, init.d etc..) Because only the kernel has changed, the ramdisk leaving the previous version ...

Thanks to The Solutor and EmilF for reporting on the work on progress for overclocking ...
and to Topogigi for the moral and material support ...
I've updated it, but after the update I don't install software from Play Store ...???, someone similar me .....??? I have tried many times ....(error code 492)

Upvote 0
I've updated it, but after the update I don't install software from Play Store ...???, someone similar me .....??? I have tried many times ....(error code 492)

I have had the same problem with other ROM's. Wiping the cache and Dalvik cache from recovery normally solves that. (You find Dalvik under Advanced in recovery).

Also try deleting .android_secure on the sdcard.

Reactions: quocthai75
Upvote 0
Go into Application settings/manage applications select All

Find the market app, and cleare its data and cache and force close it, thats about the only other thing i did to fix it.
(i can see i forgot to include the link to the post where i found the instructions, and now i can not find it again, so this if from memory)

Regards
Domin6

Upvote 0
This is a link that explain how to do it.

How to Fix "Installation Unsuccessful" Errors in the Android Market

The ZTE users should keep in mind that only some of the problems reported are related to the specific phone.

Some of them can be easily fixed with a bit of googling.

That said I' still convinced that in this very case, a wipe was a quicker way to solve the problem.

Reactions: quocthai75
Upvote 0
I have now tested the "chinese" OC roms (mentioned above) for a few days. Version 1 was blazing fast, but battery life not to good, also had a few reboots/freeze ups.

Version 2 have a lower Qudrant score of about 2.200, but also here I experienced some instability.

Now I am back on Catty's version 1.5.1 with the OC kernal.

Upvote 0

downloaded:
??????.?????

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones