ZTE Update!

1. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

Just went back to stock (again) and to my surprise, zte updated there firmware. Its now b09. And I think a different kernal too. I used them update tool.

Its actually pretty quick.
    There is a new boot logo. Not boost but zte.

I can't seem to upload a screenshot via my phone though.

Check it out

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frank The Tank

This ain't too bad brotha!! The high memory usage seems to be fixed. No skips in spotify. It really is snappy. Time to grab a beer!!.
  3. money15

money15 Well-Known Member

It's saying I'm up to date when I'm on b07...and I'm on stock rom
  4. Frank The Tank

You got to use the zte update tool. The one for windows;)
    money15 likes this.
  5. bhays3

bhays3 Well-Known Member

is it necessary to have stock recovery to do this?
  6. Guspeed

Guspeed Well-Known Member

yep, it is.

You need ftm mode to do the update :)
  7. bhays3

bhays3 Well-Known Member

Well this is a firmware update anyway, so it wouldn't do any good on cm10, did it update your baseband also?
    Frank The Tank likes this.
  8. Guspeed

Guspeed Well-Known Member

haven't done it yet, I'm still on cm-10
  9. PsyMega

PsyMega Well-Known Member Developer

Whoever this b09 update works for please make a nandroid and upload it, In return I can trade 50gb of file hosting storage.
  10. boricuakiller

boricuakiller Well-Known Member

hey frank i alredy did and update before for crashing and froce closing there is a new one i want to update but are we going to loose root let me know causse i want cm10 i dont want to lose root
  11. chrisjv3393

chrisjv3393 Well-Known Member

ur gonna lose everything in ur phn including root wen using the update tool.....ull have to do everything all over again. rooting aint a big deal u did it once so u can do it again....
  12. boricuakiller

ok but i think i already this this update is the one that is 272mb or something like that cause i dont want to flash stock recovery if is the same update
  13. boricuakiller

hey frank u did the update right u was able to re root again let me know
  14. boricuakiller

mine is n861bo1 so i need the update right im using dizzle rom
  15. Frank The Tank

Hey, if you update, your probably going to have to wait for root. I'm not 100% on this but, someone will have to find another root method.
    If you like the roms and root, stay with what you have. With this update you'll loose it all.
  16. Frank The Tank

Check in settings. Under sw version. It should end in b07, or b09. B09 is the new update:)
  17. junkie2100

junkie2100 Well-Known Member Developer

hey frank could you do all of us a HUGE favor?
    install cwm touch, only because im not sure the non touch version has this option
    and in cwm touch there is an option to create a flashable rom zip. i dont remember what its called exactly, and im not 100% on the location though i think its under advanced, but trying to find it would require me to disconnect from the internet and all that, huge pain, but yea, that will create a copy of your rom minus your personal info that can then be distributed just like shinjutsu or cm or any rom we have now

that way we will just have a simple zip file with the newest software updates that flashes like a custom rom, nobody will have to go through the whole painful process of going back to stock recovery, using the tool, reinstalling root, all that shit. with root installed on yours we will have one file, download it, flash it like a custom rom, and boom you have rooted stock fully updated
  18. boricuakiller

Mine say bo1
  19. junkie2100

when did you update your rom? and is that the baseband or software version? baseband on original stock is b01, sw version is b07 i guess the update is b09. and they probably found our root method and fixed it, they like to spy on us and try to keep us out but what they dont get is that the harder they make their phones to hack the less they will sell
  20. boricuakiller

ima try it hope i can root again
  21. junkie2100

i dont think you can root again once using the newest update, zte is a bunch of pricks like that. hence why anyone who knows enough about android wont buy their products. but yea you can try if you want i dont know that the baseband will change tho, baseband was the b01 you were looking at, the thing that said b07 8 or 9 would be software version its a different thing on the same menu
  22. boricuakiller

thanks ima try it hope for the best
  23. junkie2100

k, good luck
  24. boricuakiller

just finish my phone is booting i let u know if i can still root and install cmw
  25. boricuakiller

did not change my baseband version still n86bo1 but sw version i think that change im no sure was was the other one b09