ZTE Valet not compatable with square or ringcentral

1. I just bought the new ZTE Valet Model Z665C from Straight Talk. Very nice phone and a real upgrade from the Samsung Centrina I had before. I am having trouble running a few common apps in particular Square Register and RingCentral. Both worked great on my Samsung Centrina running OS 4.0 .

My new phone ( ZTE Valet Model Z665C with Straight Talk Prepaid/Verizon) is running OS 4.1.1 and has 1 GHz processor. My question is about the Android operating system. If an app works for a particular version, does it matter what the brand or model of the phone? I am trying to figure out if I need to return the phone and buy a Samsung or more common US brand.

App problem 1: Square register loads, logs into my account and accepts typed data perfectly. It recognizes when I insert or remove the card scanner. When I scan the card I no response (no failure and no acceptance). I have tried the scanner on other phones and it works perfectly.

App problem 2: When I try to log into RingCentral app, instead of it connecting to my account I get an infinite spinning circle with the message Connecting with server. Typically this takes 1 - 2 seconds but with the Valet, I have let it run 5 minutes and it never connects. I have plenty of access to other online services such as google and the web.

Would love any advice. Thanks.
    glenn40 atttt castleproperty dottt c0m

Advertisement
    :
  2. JMC034

JMC034 New Member

glenn40,
    Im having the same problem with RC on my Valet (TracFone). Have you had any success in finding a solution?