ZTE Valet screen wont turn onGeneral

1. Superdude06

Superdude06 Member

Ok so I got the new android ZTE Valet supported by Trac-Fone almost a week after Christmas and yesterday my screen stopped working. Everything still lights up (like the charging lite and the buttons) and people can still call me, my screen is just dead, and I don't want to factory reset my phone because I have a lot of my friends phone numbers on it. Please help me, I am really desperate

*Edit
    By 12:00 p.m today, if my problem has not been resolved, I will be removing the battery on my phone to try and fix the problem. If that doesn't work then im hitting the button behind the back of the phone next to the battery

Advertisement
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Welcome to Android Forums. I moved this thread from Android Lounge to the forum dedicated to discussing the phone.

I assume you bought this phone new and it is still under warranty. If it was mine I would be standing in the store where I bought it looking for a repair/replacement.

... Thom
  3. Superdude06

Superdude06 Member

I bought the phone from amazon so idk
    And even if it does have a warranty that would basically mean resetting it, which I don't want to do
  4. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

As for a reset, if your contacts are entered through a Google email login and not specifically chosen as phone-only, you'll get them back from the cloud when you start over. I've reset several times and all that came back.
  5. Superdude06

Superdude06 Member

Im pretty sure it was phone only, how do I tell
  6. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

When you enter a new contact, you first have to choose an email account or phone-only. You can tell on your PC by going to Google Contacts and logging in there -- of they show up on your PC, they're in the cloud. Anyway, for them to be phone-only, you would've had to choose that every tome you added a contact; you'd likely remember that.
  7. bummpr

bummpr Active Member

Go ahead and remove the battery...this is the surefire method to get your phone back in working order. Everything will still be there on your phone...nothing is lost.

I have no idea why this occurs but several users (including myself) see the same problem pop up sporadically. I wonder how folks with a non-removable battery in their phones get a clean reboot.

As jefboyardee pointed out, it is pretty important that you get your contacts into Google so you always have a backup which will automatically sync to your phone.
  8. Superdude06

Superdude06 Member

How long should I leave the battery out for?
  9. bummpr

bummpr Active Member

A minute is fine.
  10. Superdude06

Superdude06 Member

Omg thank you, it worked perfectly :):):):):):):):):):)
  11. It's happened to me too probably 3 times now. As you found out, just removing the battery takes care of it. Also, don't forget to restart your device if it's running slow. It's the same effect as taking the batter out. Hold down the power button and a screen will pop up. Click on Restart and your device should run faster for a while. You can also put the Task Manager on one of your screens and that way shut down apps you're not using to free up memory and run faster.
  12. bummpr

bummpr Active Member

13. Grgramps

Grgramps New Member

My Valet also suffers the "fails to boot bug" and requires the battery removal solution. Is there any evidence that the Cleanmaster App would help?
  14. pa_cap

pa_cap Well-Known Member

Possibly. You can also try moving some/most of apps to the memory card. If you still have this happening more than once every other month, suggest you exchange your phone while under warranty.