ZTE WARP Specs and info.General

1. AndroidGreg

AndroidGreg Well-Known Member

This a new Boost Mobile phone.
    This phone was released 11/2/11 and was sold at $250, on 11/4/11 Boost dropped the price to $200 and anyone who purchases, receives, and activates the phone before 11/8/11 will receive a $55 service credit towards their monthly unlimited payment.

Specs
    Candy bar form factor

Dimensions: 5.10 x 2.70 x 0.45 (130 x 69 x 11 mm)
    Weight: 4.93 oz (140 g)
    Screen: 4.3"
    Resolution: 800x480
    Interface: Touchscreen

Battery
    Talk time: 7.50 hours
    Standby time: 270 hours
    Capacity: 1600mAh

Processor/Ram/Memory/OS
    Processor: 1Ghz(1000Mhz) Make Unknown for now.
    Ram: 512 MB
    Rom: 4GB (4096 MB)
    Micro SD Card slot: Yes, Included capacity one not known. (upgradable to 32GB)
    Camera
    Camera Resolution: 5MP
    Video capabilities: Yes, Resolutions known: 480P

Network

Type: CDMA
    Frequencies: 800, 1900 MHz
    Data/3G: EV-DO Rev A
    GPS: Turn by turn Navigation

Other Connectivity
    Bluetooth
    Wi-Fi
    USB

If Anyone has any more information or knows any errors I made please Inform me and I will edit accordingly.

Sources:
    http://www.boostmobilestore.com/bpdirect/boost/PhoneList.do?action=view&id=warp&src=hp-genie

ZTE Warp specs

EDIT 1: 11/5/11 Corrected statement that originally said anyone who purchases the phone before 11/8/11 receives a $55 credit for service to anyone who ACTIVATES this phone before that date receives the credit.
    Correction courtesy of @ChoDroid

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndroidGreg

Reserved for future expansion.
  3. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Would love to see opinions/reviews from owners of this new smartphone.
  4. ChoDroid

ChoDroid Well-Known Member

Has to ACTIVATED by the 8th. I called last night. So it will cover anyone that ordered in the first two days at the higher price. Just FYI.
  5. ChoDroid

So far so good. I was about to get the ultra just for the keyboard when I heard about this. So far no problems with the on screen keyboard as its much bigger then the prevail was. Very fast and not to heavy. Reminds me of my co workers evo. Its very snappy and I am putting things on here the prevail only dreamed of handling. Netflix was awesome on wifi and still very good on 3g. Even with all the bloatware it has lots of app space. 4 gig on-board memory. It feels good in my hand. Well maybe a bit big as I was used to the prevail.
    One thing Im trying to figure out is the ram. It had specs of 512 but the task manager has only showed me 376.61. Scratching my head on that one. Now all I need to find is some protection and I will be good to go.
    Feel free to shoot any questions my way.

Wanted to add that the on screen keyboard has been no problem with the larger screen size.
    prmax likes this.
  6. jfalbino

jfalbino Active Member

I believe the ram is 376.61 because its like a hard drive on the computer when you have a 300G and you install windows, its no longer 300, its more like 297 or 298. basic program/software ram usage. Could also be used for virtual memory maybe?
  7. AndroidGreg

That would be available RAM for use, Installed RAM is still 512MB, Just the system takes up a portion and doesn't list it as available unless you have certain root applications that can fee it and utilize it safely.
  8. sttlesks

sttlesks Member

Hey chodroid do the function buttons on the bottom light up?
  9. AndroidGreg

No official word yet, we will have to wait till the first people get their hands on the phone and report back to us about details, I would guess yes though because capacitive buttons are a total pain to hit in the dark without back lighting.

Also I would like to know about the little red light in some pics, I have been told either its a notification light or a IR proximity sensor that is only detected by a camera, well see.

So peeps if you have this phone already message me or post up about any interesting facts about this phone that you think people should know.
  10. ChoDroid

Yes they do. They dont stay that way though.
  11. ChoDroid

The red light is a notification light that YOU can set up in the settings to stay solid or blink depending on actions. IE sms, email, etc.
    It does have a proximity sensor that darkens the screen as it goes to your ear.
    As far as the function buttons at bottom..... They dont stay lite up but that does not seen to be an issue.
    Hope that helps some.
  12. ashesawit

ashesawit Active Member

Is the screen gorilla glass?
  13. sttlesks

sttlesks Member

Thanks chodroid for the reply. What do you mean the function buttons dont stay lit up? do you mean they go out when the screen goes off?
  14. prmax

prmax Well-Known Member

Ordered mine today via the Boost Mobile site. Should be here Tuesday.
  15. ChoDroid

No. After paying attention, they go off after phone boots on and stay off.
  16. AndroidGreg

OK one major thing for me, is the screen glass or plastic like the prevail? If its plastic then I dont think im gona get this because my prevail scratches sooo easy.
  17. sttlesks

sttlesks Member

wtf? so they do have a source of light behind them so I'm assuming there is a setting to turn them on/off is there?
  18. HeroLau

HeroLau Well-Known Member

19. HeroLau

Yes, Warp is gorilla glass!
  20. sttlesks

sttlesks Member

I just saw the first and second youtube reviews for this phone by the same person. In the second one he did the whole video with the bottom lights on
  21. sttlesks

sttlesks Member

where does it say the warp has gorilla glass? links,documents? any proof?
  22. HeroLau

Minor correction: the red dot on the pics is a charge status indicator. When charging is red and blue when charged well. pull out the charger it will blind.
  23. HeroLau

Thanks ChoDroid! this is a completely show of the red dot on the pics!
  24. ChoDroid

Mine is going back. Horrible customer service from boost about my 50 dollar price difference. A supervisor hung up in my face. AND over the weekend when using this beast, I dropped at least 80% of my calls and had to pull the battery twice. Pandora started on its own a few times. Very unreliable. I wish it wasnt because it was pretty snappy and handled most things well as far as processing. :(
  25. KrisM3

KrisM3 Member

The light sensor controls them. In a dark room they light up, in a bright room/outside they don't. I haven't dug into the phone yet to see if there is a setting for it or not but that's how they are controlled.