• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Zte Zmax 4.4.4 Metro Pcs BRICKED Help!!

I'm not going to be able to help you with this device, but you really will need to provide as much information as possible if you expect someone to be able to help you out.

What were you doing when the phone "bricked"? If you are rooted or were rooting, what steps have you taken? If you followed a guide can you link to the specific guide?

What do you mean by bricked? Is the device stuck in a bootloop? Can you access the bootloader menu and/or recovery? Anything you can offer up will greatly improve your odds of getting some helpful advice!!

Good luck. :)

Upvote 0
Use ftm mode by pushing power + volume down, then you need to flash a twrp recovery using your adb, with phone connected to you computer you can download a twrp image from Masterchief87 he has two zips with it inside them, copy the twrp recovery to sdcard with use the correct name!e were Ttwrp is in the adb push command
adb push twrp /sdcard/recovery.img
Then use dd comand to overwrite your current recovery
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Rename recovery to what ever your twrp is named, this should get to into twrp, once inside clear cache with twrp, if you still have a syste! You should be able to boot now, if not then flash the stock ROM that Mon has called butternoob, you should be able to boot up then

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Use ftm mode by pushing power + volume down, then you need to flash a twrp recovery using your adb, with phone connected to you computer you can download a twrp image from Masterchief87 he has two zips with it inside them, copy the twrp recovery to sdcard with
adb push twrp recovery.img
Then use dd comand to overwrite your current recovery
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery
Rename recovery to what ever your twrp is named, this should get to into twrp, once inside clear cache with twrp, if you still have a syste! You should be able to boot now, if not then flash the stock ROM that Mon has called butternoob, you should be able to boot up then
do you have the links if so leave them in the comments i have school but i will come back in 7hrs

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Masterchief87 made the zips, ask him, butternoob stock ROM is on here in its own thread, S
So is masterchief87's zips just look threw the root zte ZMAX thread
Droidislinux made it simpler and just added all links to one post to prevent people form searching for stuff mc87 is aware that I collevt everything in one post ( of course I give credit )

Upvote 0
It sounds like you used the permanent root script that gets rid of the stock recovery to root your Zmax, then tried to do a factory reset after you had already removed the recovery. You have to pay more attention. Read EVERYTHING before you flash something. If you have to read it 30 times before you understand then either read it 30 times or don't use it.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you used the permanent root script that gets rid of the stock recovery to root your Zmax, then tried to do a factory reset after you had already removed the recovery. You have to pay more attention. Read EVERYTHING before you flash something. If you have to read it 30 times before you understand then either read it 30 times or don't use it.
I know your not talking to me directly and i j ow its not your job to help us but i greatly appreciate it. But i did read everythimg 30 times. Ive used adb multiple times in the past just not to this extent. I got to the part in the root guude that says uninstall kinguser. I coundnkt uninstall kinguser so i figured id do a factory reset and start fesh. Now im bootlooped. And possibly what you said. I can enter adb through ftm mode.

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones