• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE ZMAX pro Game Screen Pixelated

I've seen it happen on mine.. During gaming only too.. I was playing Fear the walking dead's Dead run.. And I also saw it during Auto's adventure.. I though at first it was from an improperly placed screen.. Or me pressing too hard.. It was like 3 streaks of multi colors coming from the top of the screen.. At least I'm not the only one.. It doesn't happen as often as it did when I first got it

Upvote 0
I having the same issue but mostly watching videos on YouTube at full hd same problem multicolored pixels for a second any ideas?
It's actually screen artifacting. It only happens at 1080p. I think it's software because i took a logcat one time and i think it said "E\ screen frozen for 248ms due to process (insert game, YouTube, etc. Process)

Upvote 0
It's actually screen artifacting. It only happens at 1080p. I think it's software because i took a logcat one time and i think it said "E\ screen frozen for 248ms due to process (insert game, YouTube, etc. Process)
It's just what I thought must be software related and only at 1080p as you said, happen in some games at max resolution too right now I'm playing gta san andreas and happen time to time

Reactions: _quietwolf
Upvote 0
That's fine and dandy but the question still remains if this a temporary issue or if we should turn in our devices. Has anyone reported this issue to ZTE yet? I would feel a lot more confident if there was a way where we are able to speak to someone in the development team of this product. I've also noticed that the glitching is happening a lot less, which peaks my curiosity as there has not been one update rollout since I've obtained the midrange destroyer. Any information on our next update gents? All I've heard about is the nougat update yet even that doesn't have a set date.):

Upvote 0
That's fine and dandy but the question still remains if this a temporary issue or if we should turn in our devices. Has anyone reported this issue to ZTE yet? I would feel a lot more confident if there was a way where we are able to speak to someone in the development team of this product. I've also noticed that the glitching is happening a lot less, which peaks my curiosity as there has not been one update rollout since I've obtained the midrange destroyer. Any information on our next update gents? All I've heard about is the nougat update yet even that doesn't have a set date.):

There are rumors about a nougat update but you shouldn't take them seriously.

Upvote 0
I'm a little worried because my first one did this Artifact glitch then i Returned it got another and it didn't do it but the LTE was dropping so i returned it again and the 3rd one i got is doing this Artifact ...and they told me i cant return it anymore after 2 RMA's and i would have to buy a new phone

Upvote 0
Hey guys this is just an idea that pop up in my head since all the 'bugs' I experienced is mostly solved by just turning off battery saver. Have you guys who are experiencing glitches have their battery saver on?

I actually am gonna try on this myself.Since my battery saver is ALWAYS on. But if anyone has glitches when their battery saver is off then well, my point is moot.

Upvote 0
Hey guys this is just an idea that pop up in my head since all the 'bugs' I experienced is mostly solved by just turning off battery saver. Have you guys who are experiencing glitches have their battery saver on?

I actually am gonna try on this myself.Since my battery saver is ALWAYS on. But if anyone has glitches when their battery saver is off then well, my point is moot.

na. i never run power save on it and yes to other mentions the bat life seems to go down. always charge from dead to 100% im pushing emulators at a pretty good speed love this thing!! it will do it with majority anything pushing graphics.

Upvote 0
na. i never run power save on it and yes to other mentions the bat life seems to go down. always charge from dead to 100% im pushing emulators at a pretty good speed love this thing!! it will do it with majority anything pushing graphics.

So it is still doing the screen glitch after the update huh? I only tested 1 game after update. I didn't experience any. So I thought update fix it. Guess not.

Upvote 0
its not a play for a few minutes to an hour see it kinda thing. it does it more frequently the more youre pulling and when emulation comes into to play " due to screen change or the way original console would go from game play to vid etc. the app is trying to keep it all in sink and of course ='s more for the hardware to do when the time comes. drastic and mupen for example. im trying hard not to discuss actual terms and dumb dow the info given so it can be understood fully to all cause im no expert. lol its like " attach coil to zippidy dudaah then boom you got ignition" -.- lmfao

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones