• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys maybe this will help:

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

Apparently this myphoneexplorer can do a complete backup of phones, do a complete factory wipe, then restore original backup and it will make phone operate nearly back to before backup. Which sounds like titanium backup to me.

I have never used both apps/programs but maybe this will make you save your changes in build.prop? So devs here, if you want to take a look.

Upvote 0
OK, another gem I found. This is from the dev that was the only one working to unbrick alcatel, but it seems he also gave up on it.:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/de...sm8909-service-rom-source-qpst-t3544178/page4

It is not for the faint of heart. And only for serious devs. LOL. The whole time I was reading his thread, my head is spinning. With all the 0s and 1s in his screenshots. Geez that's serious and very complicated hacking right there.

Upvote 0
Guys maybe this will help:

http://www.fjsoft.at/en/

Apparently this myphoneexplorer can do a complete backup of phones, do a complete factory wipe, then restore original backup and it will make phone operate nearly back to before backup. Which sounds like titanium backup to me.

I have never used both apps/programs but maybe this will make you save your changes in build.prop? So devs here, if you want to take a look.
Interesting looking tool, but carbonite SMS Backup and Restore works well in backing up call logs and sms without root, and for free, and builtin in contacts backup to Google. This explorer tool might be more suited to be a desktop/MS Outlook companion.

Reactions: havocgme
Upvote 0
OK, another gem I found. This is from the dev that was the only one working to unbrick alcatel, but it seems he also gave up on it.:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/de...sm8909-service-rom-source-qpst-t3544178/page4

It is not for the faint of heart. And only for serious devs. LOL. The whole time I was reading his thread, my head is spinning. With all the 0s and 1s in his screenshots. Geez that's serious and very complicated hacking right there.
That guy is no bullshit. That's a full on reverse engineering job. I've got the gear to dump the chips, but lack the motivation to sift through all of the garbage afterwards on a $100 phone.

Upvote 0
I've been gone that long. What happened to AF. Anyway. I just got back to glimpsing through this post. Interesting things under. But correct if I am wrong. Isn't it by law. Android based an open source license which should mean that we are allowed to modify our devices to our own discretion if so wrap choose to do so. And b with all the root folders Aaron's find a way on Google to access root. It's like ZTE wants to grind your gears and the description of the rootPA that is preinstalled. Is there a way to use that app because it emtnions things about security bypass and etc. Didn't read too much. But checking out in system/app. Hopefully it helps

Upvote 0
Here's the one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170219-105314.png
    Screenshot_20170219-105314.png
    303.6 KB · Views: 290
Upvote 0
I got the grandmax 2 z988 Which is the max pro without a fingerprint sensor it has a second camera instead..Well I got home from work plugged my phone in took a shower. When I came back I noticed my phone had rebooted itself and was displaying the optimizing apps screen.when it finished my phone had upgraded the firmware. I don't have any auto update settings enabled. It's now on v1.3.16 has this happened to anyone else?

Upvote 0
Well the thing is that the app is on our phones so there must be a way to optimize it and make it work for us. I feel though ZTE is baiting us with what's on the phone and that something is there to make it work. We just have to figure it out
I'm not convinced their developers are smart enough to bait us in to anything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones