• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE ZMAX Pro (Z981) root discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are people getting anywhere with KingRoot when everytime I have installed it for testing purposes along my exploit creation path, it simply gives me the option to request a "modification" from the developers for my device. No percentage circle etc. Just wondering what you guys are doing that I am not, not a fan of OCR (One Click Root) programs, but having a dev background I cant even get it to work remotely -_-

Occasionally they send out a new exploit but they always fail Kingroot makes an exploit kit and allows however many phones that are POSSIBLY vulnerable aka 50 100 999 phones etc attempt root after people start hitting request they know that that exploit(s) don't work on our phone and they take away the option to attempt root if that makes sense so basically if you want to experiment you have to keep attempting until they send a new root kit out

Reactions: Jon Greenwood
Upvote 0
I can't find that, if you're referring to the google forums video it's clickbait. Can't find any other vid can you post link? I installed B14 via SD this morning and a new partition is found by Dparted. Unsure what this is, but im working on a sort of signing exploit at the moment after finding out a nice little fact from a underpaid, tired, and probably sick of hearing the same thing - ZTE rep who said that the signing key for the OTA is the same as the one for the MVNO skin files.
Can you please pm me b14? lambo352@gmail.com

Upvote 0
Occasionally they send out a new exploit but they always fail Kingroot makes an exploit kit and allows however many phones that are POSSIBLY vulnerable aka 50 100 999 phones etc attempt root after people start hitting request they know that that exploit(s) don't work on our phone and they take away the option to attempt root if that makes sense so basically if you want to experiment you have to keep attempting until they send a new root kit out
Any place I can read up on that. I'm not doubting you just want to gain knowledge

Upvote 0

Interesting, any sources? Not doubting either, just an interesting way to look at it. I assumed they used a simple server side model search and paired it with a known working exploit instead of just throwing it out and possibly bricking devices etc.

Upvote 0
Interesting, any sources? Not doubting either, just an interesting way to look at it. I assumed they used a simple server side model search and paired it with a known working exploit instead of just throwing it out and possibly bricking devices etc.
I don't know the exact specifics Kingroot is ran on cloud servers but when you see strategy found that means it's not made exacly for your phone but may work I've had a couple phones can't say off the top of my head that were rooted my Kingroot but it legitimately rooted as in it wasn't a hailmary with a strategy but I'll look for some sources sure I've talked to King root team once in the past its been awhile but thats where I'm getting most of my knowledge maybe I'll be able to find the email and post screenshots

Reactions: lambo352
Upvote 0
Roots not something you charge for, hold hostage, keep secret if you ask me. to hear about someone holding root for any length of time without releasing the exploit is just horrible..sure you found the exploit and you dont have to tell anyone but that makes you a really unlikeable person hahaha hopefully someone found the exploit and presented it before he could and got all the credit.. sorry to derail yall but hearing of someone holding a root is reeeediculous.

Upvote 0
Dude they probably are hiding something.
Its not about jcase in this its about the exploit
Jcase
lol i'm unable to extract the b12 system.new.dat/system.patch.dat contents , what's wrong with this company they are using a weird .up format in their ota upates , their dat files can not be extracted they are making things look like if they are hiding a national secret..wtf

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones