• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTEROOT

IF YOU HAVE NOT UPDATED YOUR PHONES THIS WILL NOT WORK

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE TEMP ROOT THIS WILL NOT WORK

DO NOT FLASH THE CONTAINED ZIP FILES.. UNZIP THEM AND RUN ZTEROOT.BAT

This file cuts all the dirty work out of the root method... after hours of testing not one device has been bricked because of the script...

Thanks to @mingolianbeef @Flame3element for help writing, cleaning it up and being my first victu......... beta testers
Thanks to @jcase @beaups for the commands and all the work it took to find them

If there are any legitimate problems with the scripts pm me so i can try to fix them.....
even with all of the testing we did something may have snuck through

**************EDIT***************

Ok so after some troubleshooting with another user on XDA i came to realize i made an error with the last five commands in the script so ive updated the zip files to amend "su -c" from the last 5 commands....

I was testing against an already rooted device so those commands slipped under the radar as successful... the rest of the rules still apply but the scrip should now work 100%

Attachments

• zteroot.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 4,438
  • zterootmpcs.zip
    12.2 MB · Views: 5,262
Last edited:
It worked on the first attempt but it seemed to had something to do with a custom lucky patcher that I had installed for non root users, I'm a noob so I have no idea how I made this thing work ... As you can see, I'm not lying, I'll use other root checking apps to make sure

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-15-13-48-45.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-15-13-48-45.png
    217.5 KB · Views: 578
Upvote 0
It worked on the first attempt but it seemed to had something to do with a custom lucky patcher that I had installed for non root users, I'm a noob so I have no idea how I made this thing work ... As you can see, I'm not lying, I'll use other root checking apps to make sure

Are you saying it only worked because of lucky patcher lol...

All the file is, is adb commands

But congrats and your welcome

Upvote 0
Sorry this is my first post, Im new here! First of all since I cant post to XDA Id like to thank everyone who made it possible to root our beloved Zmax!!! You guys rock! Now the question, Ive read XDA over and over and I went through this thread as well, what happens if you run the script but youre rooted with Twrp??? I know you loose recovery but I know you can flash after, but does it interfere? Is it safe?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones