• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Zune?

Del

Oct 24, 2009
This may be a stupid question, because I know how M$ lawyers are just waiting to pounce on anything opensource that's even remotely related to an Microsoft product, but I have to ask.

Is there an android app that sports a media experience similar to the Zune HD? If there was an app out there that could emulate the ZHD, and possibly allow android to interface with the Zune software that would be a major selling point for me. I've been considering getting a Zune HD and a Droid, but if the Droid could play music, videos, etc in the same way as the ZHD and work with the Zune software there'd be no need for the Zune.

I know that android phones can play music and videos and internet to begin with, but my music is all in the Zune software, and I'd like to be able to use it to organize my music and to load my player. Also, there is a limit to which phones I can choose if I decide not to get the Zune, because I want at least 32gb of space for music and videos.

I think I'm just dreaming, but if there's an app out there I'd like to know about it. Or if there's just an exceptional app that does multimedia, I wouldn't mind hearing about that too.

This may be a stupid question, because I know how M$ lawyers are just waiting to pounce on anything opensource that's even remotely related to an Microsoft product, but I have to ask.

Is there an android app that sports a media experience similar to the Zune HD? If there was an app out there that could emulate the ZHD, and possibly allow android to interface with the Zune software that would be a major selling point for me. I've been considering getting a Zune HD and a Droid, but if the Droid could play music, videos, etc in the same way as the ZHD and work with the Zune software there'd be no need for the Zune.

I know that android phones can play music and videos and internet to begin with, but my music is all in the Zune software, and I'd like to be able to use it to organize my music and to load my player. Also, there is a limit to which phones I can choose if I decide not to get the Zune, because I want at least 32gb of space for music and videos.

I think I'm just dreaming, but if there's an app out there I'd like to know about it. Or if there's just an exceptional app that does multimedia, I wouldn't mind hearing about that too.

Pretty much you are just dreaming ...a Big Dream ...

Micro class 6 32GB Sdcards are not really available yet

You can try searching Cyrket.com for zune and see if anything pops up .... Goodluck and sweet Dreans ...:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones