• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZV8 Update for the Sprint/Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile LG G Stylo (original)

Had anyone gotten the ZV8 Update for the G Stylo (LS770), the update for released May 3rd by LG. I haven't gotten my update. The ZV8 update is suppose to improve performance.

Attachments

• 1463970116003.jpg
    1463970116003.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 415
Upvote 0
Yes I've received it. Minor improvement in terms of performance. Though now I seem to be having trouble with text notifications (not receiving them) even though the text message is delivered. And ... the problem of the phone lagging doesn't seem to have been addressed.

Damn bro. A lot of people who the original G Stylo have text messages issues, I do as well, I'm still on ZV7. I don't get notifications for shit man, it's frustrating.

Upvote 0
Damn bro. A lot of people who the original G Stylo have text messages issues, I do as well, I'm still on ZV7. I don't get notifications for shit man, it's frustrating.

True, it is a bit infuriating. Text message woes have plagued this phone from day one. Hopefully, we will (in time) eventually end up with this phone having truly decent software.

Upvote 0
I have signal/data issues on my phone. Have you had that issue?

I'm not eager to Try the second iteration of this phone. There's hardware they've left out and they're trying to say it's greatly improved by adding a sensor for the stylus. Not in my book, that's like saying that "Web OS" was better than "PalmOS" for the Palm Trio phones. Yes, I had some Trio phones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nah... I think I'll move on to a different carrier, away from VM. I might invest in an unlocked GSM phone. The Sprint network in general seems to be improving, but I think I'll go to a carrier that uses either AT&T's or t-mobile's networks.

I was on Sprint along time and moved on to GSM four years ago. Just so much more flexibility rather then being tied down to CDMA service and phones.

Upvote 0
Nah... I think I'll move on to a different carrier, away from VM. I might invest in an unlocked GSM phone. The Sprint network in general seems to be improving, but I think I'll go to a carrier that uses either AT&T's or t-mobile's networks.

I won't be using any carrier that's affiliated with ATT until I'm reimbursed the money they (AT&T) owe me with a formal apology.

Upvote 0
Had anyone gotten the ZV8 Update for the G Stylo (LS770), the update for released May 3rd by LG. I haven't gotten my update. The ZV8 update is suppose to improve performance.
I just got the update today... strange because I'm a week late in paying for service, have mobile data off, and have been on wifi all weekend but just got it when I got home today connected to wifi for 10 minutes at 5:30pm.

I clicked "remind me later" since I don't want to ship the phone to LG again so soon.... lol (I'm with boost BTW).

Upvote 0
I just got the update today... strange because I'm a week late in paying for service, have mobile data off, and have been on wifi all weekend but just got it when I got home today connected to wifi for 10 minutes at 5:30pm.

I clicked "remind me later" since I don't want to ship the phone to LG again so soon.... lol (I'm with boost BTW).

I got my update this morning.

Upvote 0

Watch "(Sprint/Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile USA) LG G Stylo[emoji769] (LS770) ZV8 Update" on YouTube

Upvote 0
And ... the problem of the phone lagging doesn't seem to have been addressed.

Don't jump on me if this has been asked already, but do you have the Facebook app installed? 'Cos I did, and my phone was as slow as molasses and lagged CONSTANTLY. On the advice of a post I read somewhere, I ditched the official FB app for Metal, and was SHOCKED at how much faster the phone ran, and how the lagging all but disappeared. My G Stylo still lags on occasion, but it's more of a "lags badly for 2 minutes every 10 days" thing instead of the "if it's on, it lags" I experienced before.

Upvote 0
Don't jump on me if this has been asked already, but do you have the Facebook app installed? 'Cos I did, and my phone was as slow as molasses and lagged CONSTANTLY. On the advice of a post I read somewhere, I ditched the official FB app for Metal, and was SHOCKED at how much faster the phone ran, and how the lagging all but disappeared. My G Stylo still lags on occasion, but it's more of a "lags badly for 2 minutes every 10 days" thing instead of the "if it's on, it lags" I experienced before.

I've no desire or need to attack and I hope others wouldn't either. I don't use Facebook and have consistently uninstalled that app as my setup process. This model phone has always had a bit of lag in most apps (albeit not so much that most would notice) and even actually hang intermittently.

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
I've un-disabled Hangouts and use that as my default. Google Messager is good too.
That's a problem with many users and is not limited to this particular phone. There's a thread about it.
My LG Volt had the issue too. You need to use something other then the stock SMS app.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Watch "(Sprint/Boost Mobile/Virgin Mobile USA) LG G Stylo[emoji769] (LS770) ZV8 Update" on YouTube
Umm thanks? I'm not a noob, not my first OTA update either.
But i believe i read some people were getting boot loops after trying to update.

Block update notification: Go to Settings > Apps, press the menu button on the top right (the 3 dots) and select "Show System". Scroll down and press 'Google Play services', then press 'Notifications' and choose to block all. Done! (You will not receive update/installed notifications from Play for other apps after this.)

Reactions: jmacie
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones