ZV9 UpdateGeneral

1. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

I placed a call to VM 3 days ago due to my 3G being pretty much unusable due to the speed. I took me 35 minutes to download a 600kb app from the market. Being unable to help me they sent my ticket to the actual tech support team who called me back today. After reactivating my phone and pulling battery, etc. etc. She asked if I had done the update to my phone for which I told her yes. She didn't say anything else about it but I decided to get some more info so I asked her if she recommended the update be done as I hadn't done it on my wife's phone yet and if she thought that was the issues. She told me personally she would recommend I not install it on my wife's phone due to the numerous calls they have been getting since it was released of people installing it and then having issues with lagging phones and very slow 3G. She said she personally had the optimus V and was refusing to install the update.

She did tell me she was having engineering check into my issue as that was the next step to diagnose 3g issues but they would more than likely replace my phone.

Advertisement
  2. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

I had the exact same issue with slow to non existent 3G (I also had tons of missed phone calls. The phone just wouldn't ring). I did not install the VM update.

I fixed this by reverting to the froyo version of Harmonia and clicking on the reactivation app (6 or 7 times in a row and rebooting my phone after each one). My 3G came back with a nice strong signal and I haven't missed a single incoming call again. EDIT: I'm now happily back on BACKside, too.

I've no idea if that will help you or not, but it won't hurt to try. ;)
  3. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

Yeah I've tried that a few times with no luck
  4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Dang... was hoping that would help. Sorry. :(
  5. bigrickie77

bigrickie77 New Member

I have the zv9 update and my phone works a lot better.I guess some phones are just made different.I have the old screen.I get full bars all the time now .I live in central florida I thank sprint is signal is pretty strong here so this also may be the reason.