ZVB vs ZVD root

1. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

So i came across this site looking for information to root my esteem, AWESOME info here btw. I went ahead and rooted my phone (with zvb) to have more battery life. Now i am wondering if it would would be would there be a big improvement if i upgraded to rooted ZVD, i got a big improvement when i started running gingersteem zvb. Would there be a noticeable difference if i went from zvb to zvd root? Would i need to unroot and then install zvd and then reroot the phone?

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

You don't need to unroot to upgrade to zvd but you will have to root again after. #2 rom is zvd and it has great battery life and performance, I highly recommend it :thumbup:

Sent from my typewriter.
    supersalvo likes this.
  3. V SuperUser V

V SuperUser V Well-Known Member

As far as any noticeable differences, from a "look" stand point there are several more themes for ZVD than ZVB, from a performance stand point it can varie per device so you would have to try it yourself.

You would need to upgrade to ZVD, it will unroot you, so you will need to root again.

You can always go back to ZVB if you don't like ZVD.

Refer to the ATR for further details.
    supersalvo likes this.
  4. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

ah cool cool thx,i dont care as much about looks as performance... which zvd rom would u suggest for best battery and phone performance?
  5. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Ldrifta's #2 rom ;)
  6. V SuperUser V

7. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Well-Known Member

rom# (17 + 1328) - 1337 = 2.
  8. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

I completely suck at math but I came up with 8 :D
    Johnny Crapple and V SuperUser V like this.
  9. V SuperUser V

10. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

so I went ahead and upgraded, loving the #2 Tom. ..phone is so much better, thx for the advice

seems the battery dies faster than before tho, I run the LG optimizer app as well ...

any advice on extending battery life?
  11. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Yea get rid of that app :D
  12. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

lol worked good before, why not use it?
  13. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

It was geared more towards stock not the modified roms like #2
  14. supersalvo

supersalvo Active Member

ah ok, thx removed it... thats the only thing i hate about the esteem, the battery is horrible...i might go ahead and buy an extended battery just so my phone dont die before the end of the day