ZVE Baseband

1. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

Has anyone made a flash able update for the baseband, or found what the new one is for?

My best guess and this is just a guess is to get tmo lte.

If anyone has checked other lte metro phone forums and found all phones getting a baseband update that might explain it.

I am curious because my wifes phone is on custom rom and and the FOTA failed and it seems the lte speed has decreased since that failure.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slickinator

Slickinator Well-Known Member

Someone misspelled ZVD, theres no new baseband
  3. new optimus

Check again, this is very recent, just the last few days.
  4. FRESH1248

FRESH1248 Active Member

Does rooted phones recieve this update to, or do we have to unroot?????
  5. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Good question does this happen to rooted or non rooted. Well i can answer this i was rooted and then i unrooted still nothing . Funny thing is i travel a lot and still havent seen nor heard of this . But to end all the talk about this ... SOMEONE JUST TAKE A SCREEN SHOT OF THIS ZVE UPDATE . a photo last longer than words ....
  6. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

Probably has something to do with the new Esteem. This one supposedly doesn't have an LED notification light on it.
  7. droid365

droid365 Well-Known Member

I'm rooted and it failed on my phone.I originally posted the update question
  8. new optimus

yes but your rooted with custom rom, as am I.

How many unrooted and how many rooted stock rom phones updated?
  9. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Well-Known Member

received a new update ZVE .. any rom? how i can root?
  10. Derrick2203

Derrick2203 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing about this ZVE update but have not found anything. How did you receive it?
  11. GTurn

GTurn Well-Known Member

Have you tried the zvd root process.
  12. chicomostoc

chicomostoc Well-Known Member

i think OTA UPDATE, I have two estems, one received the update .. but the other does not .. and try it with LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL but says my phone is already updated ZVD ..

what happens to my other phone?

pd: One is STOCK (this received the update) and the other is root and CWM (this not received... and return it to stock but I said the same LG MOBILE SUPPORT TOOL but says my phone is updated Already ZVD) ..
  13. Dude45

Dude45 Active Member

The LG update tool can't seem to find it for me, it still says I have the latest update

Supposedly, it WILL NOT update if you are on a custom rom/recovery, at least thats what I keep hearing
    What perplexes me is why in the world release a random update for the Esteem now?:confused:
    Couldn't they have at least updated from GB to JB?:D
  14. lordcliffton

lordcliffton Well-Known Member

The update was most likely certain hidden functions & other stuff that has to do with the merger with T-Mobile. At least that's my best guess.
  15. eversleyd

eversleyd Well-Known Member

Could you upload your zve version
  16. Martin714

Martin714 Well-Known Member

Merged =p keep up ur convo here
  17. new optimus

That is my Guess as well, I am thinking it would allow the phone to connect to the new tmo lte that is deployed.;)
  18. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

I dont know i even keep this esteem on for 3-4days straight nothing havent seen nor heard of one zve yet . And the funny thing lg electronics and metro say its nothing like it .lg said that they must have tamper with something and this update fixed it back :eek::D
    I think someone should upload their zve and let someone or some people look it over and see whats in this dam thang .:cool::eek::rolleyes::what::D
  19. LinuxLarry

LinuxLarry Well-Known Member

a friend of mine did a factory reset on his phone and damn near bricked it. all i had was clockwork and even then after loading a backup it wouldnt boot right. so i went and downloaded the flash software and rewrote the firmware. it downloaded and installed zve on his esteme.

i was a little upset at the fact that the known roots for it do not work. now he is stuck with a stock metro bloat phone
  20. droid365

I hope someone figures this out.Now every 2 days it trys to update and keeps failing.when it boots up after trying to update it goes straight to recovery.I just want to update it while still rooted and hopefully a rom will work on it.
  21. new optimus

Any one get a prl 1005 listed in the about phone status?

Do any of you have the signal strength on this phone?

Those 2 things are curious to me I have switched out the prl using cdma ws to 3033 and the first time it changed but after that it went back and it never shows a change.
    And slow speeds I have mentioned though those could very well be outside factors.
  22. Derrick2203

Alright guys so just a couple of minutes ago I rebooted my phone because it was acting really slow... (I am on stock rom. No root no nothing since yesterday morning)
    I didn't notice but the android bootloader came up as if it was restoring the system. I turned on the phone and this came up:

d664dd04252c2f0f2bd051e7f73b862a.png

f014aa3f0213dacf6ad1d1e0cb24b496.png
  23. droid365

24. Derrick2203

I thought the same thing - someone misspelled ZVD. But then this came up i was like "Oh sh#t i gotta share this with you guys!!"
    :p
  25. logansj1

logansj1 Well-Known Member

I updated to ZVE with the lg upate tool and it doesnt realy seem to be Amy different. Slightly faster maybe? slightly faster 4g i think