• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZW2 Messaging Issue

airyckah

Lurker
Sep 16, 2016
I have a Zenwatch 2 smartwatch, am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone (all are completely up to date, just double checked.) I use Google Messenger as my default messaging app.

I recently received a new Note 4 as a replacement for my old Note 4. I had no issues with my ZW2 with the old phone. I smart switched to the new phone, set up my new phone, unpaired and reset my ZW2 from the old phone and repaired to the new phone, and now am having messaging issues.

If I prompt a message with "Ok Google, text [name] [message]", there are no issues, works fine.

But now if someone messages me and I hit reply, the microphone pops up and pulses when I talk like normal, but then it will just keep retrying and retrying until it says "cannot reach google" and closes down. The same will happen if I go into Messenger and go into the conversation and select reply. I have tried resetting the watch and repairing but the same issue. I assume this is just an issue with settings somewhere but I can't figure it out.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

-Airy

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones