Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt > Thunderbolt - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default why does the android market keep saying my device isn't comatible?

Running liquid 3.2, as title states all the sudden the market says my device isn't compatible. Even on apps I already have in my TB??? It started after Christmas, I am pretty sure I didn't change anything.

edit: no one smashed me for "comatible" thanks guys!

Advertisements
GodofBore is offline  
Last edited by GodofBore; January 2nd, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Usually off topic
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: FG
Posts: 10,471
 
Device(s): Gnex N7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2,169
Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,271 Posts
Default

The rom may change your device ID which can make it not work for some apps. Try going to the Android market website on a CPU to see if it shows them as compatible.

If the apps already installed were restored via a backup program and attached to the market then an update becomes available but you can't download the update this is likely the cause. You can flash a stock rom and update, make backups then restore liquid to get the updates, if you really need/want them
__________________
Forum Gaming
Yeahha is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeahha For This Useful Post:
GodofBore (January 2nd, 2012)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ibrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 983
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 248
Thanked 208 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Go into the build prop file and change the model from HTC Thunderbolt to ADR6400L or Mecha.

I don't know why Liquid does that, but its one of the first things I change when setting up a new ROM.
Ibrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibrick For This Useful Post:
GodofBore (January 2nd, 2012)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Thanks, but how do I do that? Root explorer?
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 07:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Jrocker23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 360
 
Device(s): HTC Droid Dna -Rooted/S-Off - Stock
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 14
Thanked 104 Times in 67 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Jrocker23 Send a message via MSN to Jrocker23 Send a message via Yahoo to Jrocker23 Send a message via Skype™ to Jrocker23 joe.dimartino@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri1979 View Post
Thanks, but how do I do that? Root explorer?

Yes, root explorer. Put it into write mode then look or search build prop and open it and change to adr6400L
__________________
HTC Droid DNA -Rooted Stock
Try Out DropBox, get your files when you need them, its free http://db.tt/LUr0eAv
Jrocker23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jrocker23 For This Useful Post:
GodofBore (January 2nd, 2012)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

thanks but I changed it to both, and I still get the same thing in the market. I think this started when I upgraded to liquid 3.2.
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ibrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 983
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 248
Thanked 208 Times in 166 Posts
Default

The only other option would be to use a PC and try to download the apps from the market.

I'm on 3.2 right now, what's an app you're trying to download?
Ibrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 08:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrick View Post
The only other option would be to use a PC and try to download the apps from the market.

I'm on 3.2 right now, what's an app you're trying to download?

Luckily nothing, but I annoyed this is happening. I really like 3.2, but it keeps telling stuff like flash player, gta3, all sorts of stuff are not compatible. This phone does weird things, GTA3 wouldn't, I unstalled it 3 different times and then it worked.
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ibrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 983
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 248
Thanked 208 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Weird, changing the model to ADR6400L always enabled every app in the market except those blocked by VZW like wireless tether for example.

I did have problems with the market updater in 3.2, and it not downloading apps. I side loaded the newest market after uninstalling it and everything has been fine since then.

Wonder if that had something to do with the errors you were seeing?
Ibrick is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibrick For This Useful Post:
GodofBore (January 2nd, 2012)
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrick View Post
Weird, changing the model to ADR6400L always enabled every app in the market except those blocked by VZW like wireless tether for example.

I did have problems with the market updater in 3.2, and it not downloading apps. I side loaded the newest market after uninstalling it and everything has been fine since then.

Wonder if that had something to do with the errors you were seeing?
On the pc the market shows me having 2 phones, one is HTC ThunderBolt, which it shows as compatible, and the newly named adr6400L, which it shows as incompatible.

Ok, this will show my inexperience, but sideloading is using mass storage right (from pc)? Where do I get a new market link at? Do I place it on my sd card or the root?
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 3rd, 2012, 12:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ibrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Milwaukee
Posts: 983
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Galaxy Nexus, Transformer Prime
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 248
Thanked 208 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri1979 View Post
On the pc the market shows me having 2 phones, one is HTC ThunderBolt, which it shows as compatible, and the newly named adr6400L, which it shows as incompatible.

Ok, this will show my inexperience, but sideloading is using mass storage right (from pc)? Where do I get a new market link at? Do I place it on my sd card or the root?

Yeah my PC shows 2 devices, except it says both are compatible. Doesn't seem to matter which one I send an app to, it'll start the DL.

Here's the link I used for the market (Download: New Android Market Version 3.4.4 – Droid Life)

I downloaded and renamed it to vending.apk to match the current market. Used TiBu to uninstall the current market and then moved the apk to system>app, select and install, then reboot. Make sure the permissions match before installing. Should be rw-r--r--.

For whatever reason, when it updated the market to 3.4.4 all my downloads/updates would freeze. After installing it manually its been fine.

Still seems strange its saying ADR6400L is incompatible though. Did you reboot after you changed the model from HTC Thunderbolt in build prop?
Ibrick is offline  
Last edited by Ibrick; January 3rd, 2012 at 12:22 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 01:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrick View Post
Yeah my PC shows 2 devices, except it says both are compatible. Doesn't seem to matter which one I send an app to, it'll start the DL.

Here's the link I used for the market (Download: New Android Market Version 3.4.4 Droid Life)

I downloaded and renamed it to vending.apk to match the current market. Used TiBu to uninstall the current market and then moved the apk to system>app, select and install, then reboot. Make sure the permissions match before installing. Should be rw-r--r--.

For whatever reason, when it updated the market to 3.4.4 all my downloads/updates would freeze. After installing it manually its been fine.

Still seems strange its saying ADR6400L is incompatible though. Did you reboot after you changed the model from HTC Thunderbolt in build prop?
Yes, multiple times! Thanks!

Something weird is going on because i was searching and changing wallpapers on xmas eve decided to re install gta3 and it worked all the sudden. This was 4 days after upgrading to 3.2, and i re installed from the market.

I think it may be time to go to a restore point.
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

ok any reason for my backup that i made tonight listing being dated as 1/6/1980????
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
digdug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,962
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 147
Thanked 309 Times in 246 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capri1979 View Post
ok any reason for my backup that i made tonight listing being dated as 1/6/1980????

Your name isn't Marty is it lol! :b
digdug1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2012, 10:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 101
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Wow, something was real jacked up with that rom! I wasn't getting any emails to my phone on gmail (my boss emailed me twice about work, never knew cause i never check on the p/c) The market is updating all of my apps as soon as I restored to 3.1.

Is anyone else have any problems with 3.2? When it first came out I tried running it and it put my phone in bootloop, so I waited until recently to try again and it seemed like everything was fine until this. The back up being dated 1/6/1980 was strange. It seemed like nothing from google would work at all.
GodofBore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Thunderbolt > Thunderbolt - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.