Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > Toshiba Folio 100

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Toshiba AC100

Hey there!

I got my first Android device through today, the Toshiba AC100, for some reason it's not available anywhere except Toshiba directly at the moment who claim to have had it in stock for a couple of weeks. Anyways...

From the perspective of someone who is mainly a Windows user and have had pretty much every HTC Windows mobile device I do like to tinker and reflash things. So with that in mind I was wondering how Android fairs in this respect?

Are there any sites setup that have home baked roms for such devices?

It's currently running Android 2.1 and apparently an Android 2.2 firmware update is on the horizon in the next month or so (apparently).

Nick.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
tsh

Device(s): HTC Desire

Your first problem is how to install apps - since it doesn't have access to the google market. I install them on my phone, backup to SD, and copy from there to the AC100.
So far, noone has gained root access (so far as I can see). That would be the first step. Also, the hardware is different to any other device (tegra), so OS level things might be slightly different - don't just go trying any other firmware...
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsh View Post
Your first problem is how to install apps - since it doesn't have access to the google market. I install them on my phone, backup to SD, and copy from there to the AC100.
So far, noone has gained root access (so far as I can see). That would be the first step. Also, the hardware is different to any other device (tegra), so OS level things might be slightly different - don't just go trying any other firmware...
Hey tsh!

Aah okay, I thought that might be the case with google market. I'm not so fussed about copying apps to an SD card first as long as I can get something on there at least.

Talking of which, have you managed to get Flash working in a browser window on it yet??

Nick.
Old September 16th, 2010, 05:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
tsh

Device(s): HTC Desire

No, no flash yet. I did read that the opera browser should include it, but no joy. Can't find an apk for the latest version (but suspect it might be froyo only)
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s):

Hello,

could someone explain me please how to connect the ac100-device to my adb-environment. I selected in device-preferemces "usb-debugging", "except unknown sources" and deselected the mounting. I dont have a clue, does someone?
Old September 23rd, 2010, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

HI,
It need driver if your OS is windows or mac

Go Back   Android Forums > Archived Android Devices > Archived Tablets > Toshiba Folio 100