[Tool] DaleNet Thrive Univeral Easy Flash Tool DaleNet Thrive Universal Easy Flash Tool - This is for all Thrive ROM builds.
This release of DaleNet Universal Easy Flash Tool will allow you to root any ROM build that I have a boot image for. This tool uses an exploit that @TurnYourBackAndRun researched and found. This tool will apply the exploit and gain temperary root access to the device. It will then flash a bootloader back on the device that will restore fastboot to the recovery menu. It will then flash a root enabled boot image, install the su and busybox binaries, install the superuser.apk, and creat all the simlinks to enable permanent root to your device. Finally, it will flash ClockWorkMod to the device.
This tool will also allow you to unroot your ROM build. It will remove the busybox simlinks, remove the su and busybox binaries, remove the Superuser app, restore the stock build.prop file, flash the stock boot and stock recovery image.
If your ROM is not listed in the menu, then you can use the tool to flash ClockWorkMod recovery on your device. Again, it will use the exploit researched and found by @TurnYourBackAndRun. Once ClockWorkMod is flashed to your device, you can make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM (minus the stock recovery) and make arangements with me to send the boot image and system image to me. Once I have the images, I can add your ROM to the tool so you can have root capability and I can also create pre-rooted ROMs for you.
Video Tutorial (Thanks @spotliteguy):
Universal Toshiba Thrive Root/Unroot Method [NEWEST WAY TO ROOT] - YouTube
- INSTRUCTIONS -To install the Thrive ADB drivers, do the following:
1. Go to the USB ADB DRIVERSs folder in the tool package. 2. Right click on the installer and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR. 3. Follow the on screen prompts.
When you get the warning about the drivers not being signed, select INSTALL ANYWAY.
To root your ROM, do the following:
You will need to have the ADB drivers loaded and working on your PC. Ensure the PC can communicate with the Thrive through ADB before you attempt to use this tool. The correct ADB drivers are provided with this tool in the "USB ADB Drivers" folder.
1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it). 2. Open the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. 3. Select option 1. 4. On the next menu, select your ROM build. 5. Follow the instructions on the screen. 6. Once you have completed initial setup and verified the device is operating correctly, you need to verify superuser operation by doing the following:
1. On the main screen, select APPS. 2. On the applications screen, select Superuser. It will give you the version info. Close this and you will see a log. 3. From the Superuser log screen, select the wrench in the upper right corner. This will open the properties view. 4. On the properties screen, scroll down to SUPERUSER INFO. It should say "Superuser (version number)" and "Su binary (version number)". Tap on "Su binary (version number)". This will open the updater screen and should say "CURRENT VERSION ALREADY INSTALLED. NO ACTION REQUIRED." at the top. 5. Click on UPDATE ANYWAY at the bottom. 6. If you get no failures, then you have superuser access on your device and all is good. 7. If you have a failure, try doing the update again.
To unroot your ROM, do the following:
1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it). 2. Open the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. 3. Select option 2. 4. On the next menu, select your ROM build. 5. Follow the instructions on the screen.
If your ROM is not listed on the menu, do the following:
1. Unzip the tool to the desktop of your PC (or anywhere you like as long as you know where you put it). 2. Open the Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool.bat file. 3. Select option 3. 4. Follow the instructions on the screen. 5. Once the process is completed, boot the device into ClockWorkMod recovery.
1. On the ClockWorkMod recovery menu, select BACKUP AND RESTORE. 2. On the next menu, select BACKUP. 3. Once the backup is completed, make arangements to send the boot and system images to me. (PM me and I will get back to you)
- CHANGE LOG --v1.0
Current ROMs supported:
HMJ37.31.5.0011 HTK55D.31.5.0002 HTK55D.31.5.0003 HTK55D.31.5.0008 HTK55D.33.5.0005
Corrected issue where recovery script was not being called by main menu script. Corrected issue where recovery restore files were not disabled in root script. Corrected issue where recovery restore files were not disabled in recovery script. Corrected issue where recovery restore files were not enabled in unroot script. General script cleanup. Added HTK55D.35.5.0004 European HC 3.2.1 ROM build to the tool.
Corrected issue where the wrong ClockWorkMod recovery would be flashed when rooting HTK55D.33.5.0005 ROM build. Corrected issue where the wrong ClockWorkMod recovery would be flashed when unrooting HTK55D.31.5.00008 ROM build. Corrected issue where rooting HTK55D.35.5.0004 ROM build would cause the device to hang at the Toshiba logo.
Added HMJ37.01.5.0032 US HC 3.1 ROM build. Added HTK55D.38.5.0003 South American HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
Added Thrive 10.1" HTK55D.21.5.0009 US HC 3.2.1 4G ROM build. Corrected issue where boot image for HMJ37.01.5.0032 and HMJ37.31.5.0011 were not found.
Corrected issue where ClockWorkMod would be replaced with the stock recovery if you did not root your device first. Corrected issue where HTK55D.21.5.0009 was identified as a 3G ROM and not a 4G ROM.
Added Thrive 7" HTK55D.23.5.0002 Canadian HC 3.2.1 3G ROM build.
Added Thrive 10" HTK55D.36.5.0003 European (Germany) HC 3.2.1 ROM build.
- DOWNLOAD -DaleNet-Thrive_Universal_Easy_Flash_Tool-v1.7 (MD5 Checksum Value: b98f4680a8ac8550a239f60a23b)
- FUTURE CHANGES -Add additional roms .
- Thanks -All those that have tested for me. @clstengel for compiling ClockWorkMod
for the Thrive 10 and 7". @Turnyourbackandrun for his research and finding the exploit we are using that makes this possible. @batfish for creating the Windows installer for the Thrive USB ADB drivers. All those that have donated to me.
(I did not create this nor do i atempt to take credit reposted from thrive fourms)
If you like this tool, please be sure to donate to @TurnYourBackAndRun for his work in finding the exploit this tool is using.