Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Transform Ultra > Transform Ultra - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree2Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:17 PM   #101 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 219
 
Device(s): (Rom) Essentials for ZTE Warp
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 44 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Not A ODIN Person Myself, I Feel U......Can Interdph Put Up CWM First?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMajor239 View Post
Im just curious that's all. Cus I don't know anything about that Odin stuff.

dollardagreat is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2012, 06:56 PM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DMajor239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Planet Earth
Gender: Male
Posts: 739
 
Device(s): Transform Ultra/ iPhone 4S/ Galaxy Victory/ Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 685
Thanked 73 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogrambo View Post
awesome man this is great news im really happynto hear this
I'm sure we all are
DMajor239 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #103 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
jdogrambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 553
 
Device(s): samsung transform ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMajor239 View Post
I'm sure we all are
yupperz still waiting for it though hopefully by time i wake up tommorow it will be uploaded
jdogrambo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:55 PM   #104 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 69
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 21 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdogrambo View Post
yupperz still waiting for it though hopefully by time i wake up tommorow it will be uploaded
And by the time I wake up sunday all you sukaz will have tested it and I will know it is safe.

Kidding of course cant wait for it to be up and get it flashed.
LesB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #105 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can someone tell me why if after unrooting my phone while on 2.3.4 by deleting the SU file in the system\bin and system\xbin and deleting the superuser.apk. then updating to 2.3.6 do I still have superuser.apk still show up?

I used the tutorial panaphobic wrote earlier in the thread to go back to 2.3.4 to unroot and then updated back to 2.3.6, but still see superuser.apk. Can someone please help? What do I need to do?
ginopr82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #106 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 44
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by interdpth View Post
INSERT LINK HERE

Tried to put su and superuser.apk in it and remove the recovery shit before work but ran out of time. Here's the zip for ROMers, I will release a stock update when I get home that's pre-rooted

It will be flashed via CWM to update
Hey Everyone! Sorry to do a noob post here but I am dieing for this. I just picked out the absolute best mid range phone on the market less than 3 weeks ago and had the TS issue everyone has. Went to BB bought a boost phone and no TS issues. Made them send me another phone, took a week to get, same TS issue.

Difference between the sprint branded phone I have and the Boost phone is

Model Number SPH-M930 Sprint ----------- SPH-M930BST Boost
Baseband Ver. S:M930.02 x.EG30---------- S:M930.02 x.EG29
Build Number GINGERBREAD.EG30---------GINGERBREAD.EG29
Both have Kernel Version 2.6.35.7

I noticed the link above is going of off the boost phone and was wondering if anyone had input on using a boost rom on a sprint branded phone?

I honestly must say I am still confused on doing the flash, but I was able to root the boost I purchased on sale at BB (mainly for testing) with the one click root.

Very disappointing with the screen issue and the supposed fix breaking the wifi, but I honestly love this phone and is probably the only reason Samsung is able to get away with this stuff lol.

P.S. hoping to get the update non root and than one click root it, but hate waiting
JuanSolid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:18 PM   #107 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): busted samsung transform ultra with a cracked screen i have to use cause i ota updated my lg marquee
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

thats just the installer.plug it in ur pc and delete it from ur sd card. i had the same problem with ********, dude laughed and called me noobie, but helped me out so i can take it, and if this worked for u, then ur even noobier than ME!!!
shaunmdevine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:23 PM   #108 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmdevine View Post
thats just the installer.plug it in ur pc and delete it from ur sd card. i had the same problem with ********, dude laughed and called me noobie, but helped me out so i can take it, and if this worked for u, then ur even noobier than ME!!!
If you are replying to me, let me check. I believe I had re-formatted the micro sd. Yeah I can be considered a noobie. Let me check and I'll let you know, thanks.
ginopr82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #109 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s): busted samsung transform ultra with a cracked screen i have to use cause i ota updated my lg marquee
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginopr82 View Post
Can someone tell me why if after unrooting my phone while on 2.3.4 by deleting the SU file in the system\bin and system\xbin and deleting the superuser.apk. then updating to 2.3.6 do I still have superuser.apk still show up?

I used the tutorial panaphobic wrote earlier in the thread to go back to 2.3.4 to unroot and then updated back to 2.3.6, but still see superuser.apk. Can someone please help? What do I need to do?

thats just the installation file. delete it via pc in sd \downloads
shaunmdevine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #110 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunmdevine View Post
thats just the installation file. delete it via pc in sd \downloads
so I used panaphobic tutorial earlier in this thread to restore back to stock 2.3.4 with no microsd in phone. After that I restored from recovery mode and I am still seeing the superuser in my apps. Should I root to delete all the su files and the superuser.apk? if so then what, I'm i free to restore then update?
ginopr82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 11th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #111 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
jdogrambo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 553
 
Device(s): samsung transform ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 62 Times in 51 Posts
Default

im getting very impatient but im holding in there
i cant wait
lol
jdogrambo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #112 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

ok. so I have went back to 2.3.4 via panaphobic tutorial and I keep getting this superuser.apk in my apps. Is that part of the system.tar by bads3ctor?
ginopr82 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #113 (permalink)
Member
 
powerkane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): {c}Rooted LG Mach,Rooted Samsung Transform Ultra-MegaTron6.1, Rooted Samsung Prevail- MegaTron6.2
Carrier: BOOST

Thanks: 33
Thanked 65 Times in 41 Posts
Ziplip

What happened to the thread it went silent?

EDIT: nvm its redirected here TU Safe Update to 2.3.6
powerkane is offline  
Last edited by powerkane; May 13th, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 04:52 AM   #114 (permalink)
Member
 
casperischinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 123
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 ,Rooted Klu by Curtis android tab 4.0.4
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 64
Thanked 39 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to casperischinky
Default just received ota update notification

I currently am wondering if they fixed the wifi problem or not and if i should update?As of right meow i am running shevron rom have CWM and am rooted.I dont have net @ my house so i use foxfi all the time.Im wondering if i update will i still be able to use it?Or should i wait?
casperischinky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM   #115 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Loota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rockland, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 739
 
Device(s): Kyocera Hydro Edge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 219
Thanked 496 Times in 261 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperischinky View Post
I currently am wondering if they fixed the wifi problem or not and if i should update?As of right meow i am running shevron rom have CWM and am rooted.I dont have net @ my house so i use foxfi all the time.Im wondering if i update will i still be able to use it?Or should i wait?
I am in the same net boat as you, the safe way to go about this is too wait and see... I will be testing 2.3.6 when I get the option to but I will be downloading odin and all files I will need before I try it. If you must try this, I suggest you do the same.

Sent from my SPH-M930BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
__________________
“All is caprice, they love without measure those whom they will soon hate without reason.”—Thomas Sydenham
Loota is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loota For This Useful Post:
powerkane (May 14th, 2012)
Old May 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM   #116 (permalink)
Member
 
casperischinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 123
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 ,Rooted Klu by Curtis android tab 4.0.4
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 64
Thanked 39 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to casperischinky
Default

I dl odin when badsector put the files out,I don't want to use it unless I have to.I just got the OTA about 4am or so the popup is quite annoying lol.Ty for your input loota.
casperischinky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
powerkane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): {c}Rooted LG Mach,Rooted Samsung Transform Ultra-MegaTron6.1, Rooted Samsung Prevail- MegaTron6.2
Carrier: BOOST

Thanks: 33
Thanked 65 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperischinky View Post
I currently am wondering if they fixed the wifi problem or not and if i should update?As of right meow i am running shevron rom have CWM and am rooted.I dont have net @ my house so i use foxfi all the time.Im wondering if i update will i still be able to use it?Or should i wait?
u can use foxfi when not rooted but to tell you the truth idk if it works with the update or not id imagine so but idk

edit: did they take foxfi off the market? i just went to look at the description of it and i cant find it
powerkane is offline  
Last edited by powerkane; May 14th, 2012 at 01:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #118 (permalink)
Member
 
cwgraf71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 133
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra (MegaTron 6.1.1 with SPB Shell 3D without over clocking) & LG Optimus S (sRO
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 96
Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I just got the update notification do I just keep saying update later?
cwgraf71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:37 AM   #119 (permalink)
Member
 
casperischinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 123
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 ,Rooted Klu by Curtis android tab 4.0.4
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 64
Thanked 39 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to casperischinky
Default

I got my update yesterday morning in the am hrs,I kept hitting the update later option and now today its gone lol idk wtf is going on.
casperischinky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:40 AM   #120 (permalink)
Member
 
cwgraf71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 133
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra (MegaTron 6.1.1 with SPB Shell 3D without over clocking) & LG Optimus S (sRO
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 96
Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperischinky View Post
I got my update yesterday morning in the am hrs,I kept hitting the update later option and now today its gone lol idk wtf is going on.
As long as I don't lose root I will be happy.
cwgraf71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM   #121 (permalink)
Member
 
casperischinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: illinois
Posts: 123
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 ,Rooted Klu by Curtis android tab 4.0.4
Carrier: Boost mobile

Thanks: 64
Thanked 39 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to casperischinky
Default

Id like to update my phone as well but I'm running shevron rom, rooted & have cwm installed, still,I keep reading u must odin back to stock,does that mean my custom rom too?
casperischinky is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:47 AM   #122 (permalink)
Member
 
cwgraf71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 133
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra (MegaTron 6.1.1 with SPB Shell 3D without over clocking) & LG Optimus S (sRO
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 96
Thanked 24 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by casperischinky View Post
Id like to update my phone as well but I'm running shevron rom, rooted & have cwm installed, still,I keep reading u must odin back to stock,does that mean my custom rom too?
:dito:

I am not losing custom over an update that has also been fixed by Bobz kernel.
cwgraf71 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #123 (permalink)
Member
 
powerkane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): {c}Rooted LG Mach,Rooted Samsung Transform Ultra-MegaTron6.1, Rooted Samsung Prevail- MegaTron6.2
Carrier: BOOST

Thanks: 33
Thanked 65 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgraf71 View Post
:dito:

I am not losing custom over an update that has also been fixed by Bobz kernel.
not just the touchscreen it fixed the signal stability and also it changed the appearance of some things
powerkane is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to powerkane For This Useful Post:
BLuFeNiX (May 15th, 2012)
Old May 15th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Loota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rockland, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 739
 
Device(s): Kyocera Hydro Edge
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 219
Thanked 496 Times in 261 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerkane View Post
not just the touchscreen it fixed the signal stability and also it changed the appearance of some things
and CIQ is removed
Loota is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #125 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 21
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Just a heads up.....

A Samsung tech called me back about the issue. He wanted to know more about what is going on with it. I told him everything I did and that I had to reflash it back to 2.3.4 to get the wifi working. I told him about the static IP setting fixed this issue for some people and that some people are also experiencing problems with GPS with the update. He told me to hang tough and they are working on a fix to the problem and that once they fix the problem, they will be pushing another update to the phones. If you updated to 2.3.6, use my instructions to reflash 2.3.4 back to your phone and wait until the new update is pushed to the phones. I am no longer getting notifications about the update on my phone for the past few days so when the new one gets pushed to the phone, I will try it out and let you guys know if it's been fixed or not. I received the first update around 2am on 5/9 when it was released so I believe I will also be one of the first ones to get it again. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have a working version of 2.3.6!
panaphobic is offline  
Last edited by panaphobic; May 16th, 2012 at 03:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to panaphobic For This Useful Post:
poeticsong725 (May 28th, 2012)
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:25 PM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 198
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaphobic View Post
Well I used Odin to restore it back to stock, then updated it manually. Almost had a heart attack cause it hung at 20% for about 2 minutes!

For anyone wanting to do this update manually, its pretty easy.

Only do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricking your phone!

1. Download Odin ***Note: you may need to rename the odin file to .exe cuz the host site tends to rename it with a .bin***

2. Download these 4 files:

Transform Ultra Odin OPS
Stock Recovery
Stock Kernel
Stock System

3. Once downloaded, run Odin and then put your phone in "download mode" by turning off your phone, waiting 30 seconds for it to completely shut down, and then by pressing and holding the camera button + volume down + power until it restarts into download mode. Press volume up to continue. Connect your phone to your computer.

***It should automatically update the drivers for your phone, if not you will need to manually locate the drivers online and install them. My computer did this for me automatically***

4. Once your phone is connected, and Odin is up and running you should see in the upper left side of Odin that it says "COM: #" and that's how you know it's connected. If that's not there, you didn't install the drivers properly.

5. Under the COM ports section, make sure that you have checked "One Package" "Reboot" & "Protect OPS" and nothing else and "Debug only" in UNCHECKED!

6. Then click "OPS" and select the Transform Ultra Odin OPS file you downloaded

7. Then click "One Package" on the bottom of the window and select one of the other 3 files you downloaded (recovery, kernel, or system). *Note: the system file is in a zip file, just unzip it and use the file inside for the system file*

8. Once it has finished uploading a file, it will reboot. Just power down your phone. Close out Odin and reopen it for each file you flash if it doesn't say "PASSED" above the COM Port you are using after you power down your phone.

9. Repeat steps 3-8 to reflash the recovery, kernel, and system images to your phone.
So, this has been tested on many phones and works?

I've done sorta the same thing for my prevail but this has different steps to it... I'm trying to fix my girlfriend's phone so I want to make sure it's ok. She doesn't care about rooting so I'm not worried about it.
GamingForever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
powerkane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): {c}Rooted LG Mach,Rooted Samsung Transform Ultra-MegaTron6.1, Rooted Samsung Prevail- MegaTron6.2
Carrier: BOOST

Thanks: 33
Thanked 65 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamingForever View Post
So, this has been tested on many phones and works?

I've done sorta the same thing for my prevail but this has different steps to it... I'm trying to fix my girlfriend's phone so I want to make sure it's ok. She doesn't care about rooting so I'm not worried about it.
just wait for the new update i think thats what interdpth is doing because there is no since in cracking this one just to be broken in a few weeks

Edit:miss read your post, i would just odin it back it works, here is the thread Odin flashing(Return to stock) for the Samsung Transform Ultra and id stay at 2.3.4 alot of people are having radio gps and wifi issues in the new update so id wait for the newer update to fix that to come out
powerkane is offline  
Last edited by powerkane; May 17th, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Dahlia77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nofolk, NE
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaphobic View Post
Just a heads up.....

A Samsung tech called me back about the issue. He wanted to know more about what is going on with it. I told him everything I did and that I had to reflash it back to 2.3.4 to get the wifi working. I told him about the static IP setting fixed this issue for some people and that some people are also experiencing problems with GPS with the update. He told me to hang tough and they are working on a fix to the problem and that once they fix the problem, they will be pushing another update to the phones. If you updated to 2.3.6, use my instructions to reflash 2.3.4 back to your phone and wait until the new update is pushed to the phones. I am no longer getting notifications about the update on my phone for the past few days so when the new one gets pushed to the phone, I will try it out and let you guys know if it's been fixed or not. I received the first update around 2am on 5/9 when it was released so I believe I will also be one of the first ones to get it again. I'll let you guys know as soon as I have a working version of 2.3.6!
Ok since panaphobic heard back from a tech should i follow his steps to fix my wifi or just wait till they push the next update and see if they fixed it, cuz im clueless when it comes to this kinda of stuff :/ also just today i restored my phone to factory settings cuz thats what i was suggested to do now when i try and reinstall my apps i get an error tellin me it wont download with (927) behind the message, any idea what that means and why im gettin that damn error??
randolph gary likes this.
Dahlia77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 12:04 AM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 198
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 26 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I just flashed it back to 2.3.4 with Odin and it worked perfectly... We have the wifi working again!
GamingForever is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:56 AM   #130 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Thank you

I really appreciate this guide.
scotttheis is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 3rd, 2012, 07:57 AM   #131 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by panaphobic View Post
Well I used Odin to restore it back to stock, then updated it manually. Almost had a heart attack cause it hung at 20% for about 2 minutes!

For anyone wanting to do this update manually, its pretty easy.

Only do this at your own risk. I am not responsible for bricking your phone!

1. Download Odin ***Note: you may need to rename the odin file to .exe cuz the host site tends to rename it with a .bin***

2. Download these 4 files:

Transform Ultra Odin OPS
Stock Recovery
Stock Kernel
Stock System

3. Once downloaded, run Odin and then put your phone in "download mode" by turning off your phone, waiting 30 seconds for it to completely shut down, and then by pressing and holding the camera button + volume down + power until it restarts into download mode. Press volume up to continue. Connect your phone to your computer.

***It should automatically update the drivers for your phone, if not you will need to manually locate the drivers online and install them. My computer did this for me automatically***

4. Once your phone is connected, and Odin is up and running you should see in the upper left side of Odin that it says "COM: #" and that's how you know it's connected. If that's not there, you didn't install the drivers properly.

5. Under the COM ports section, make sure that you have checked "One Package" "Reboot" & "Protect OPS" and nothing else and "Debug only" in UNCHECKED!

6. Then click "OPS" and select the Transform Ultra Odin OPS file you downloaded

7. Then click "One Package" on the bottom of the window and select one of the other 3 files you downloaded (recovery, kernel, or system). *Note: the system file is in a zip file, just unzip it and use the file inside for the system file*

8. Once it has finished uploading a file, it will reboot. Just power down your phone. Close out Odin and reopen it for each file you flash if it doesn't say "PASSED" above the COM Port you are using after you power down your phone.

9. Repeat steps 3-8 to reflash the recovery, kernel, and system images to your phone.



***You will now be back to stock version 2.3.4***

10. Once these have been done, download the original file in the first post by interdpth.

11. Rename the file to "update.zip" and place it on the root folder on your sd card (root meaning the base location on your sd card "sdcard/update.zip")

12. Power down your phone, wait 30 seconds, reboot into recovery mode by pressing and holding volume down + power and then releasing only the power button once it says "Samsung" on the screen. Connect your phone to your wall charger!

13. Using the volume up/down keys, highlight "apply update from /sdcard"

14. Press the power button to select it.

15. Allow the phone to update, it might hang at 20% for a while and then when it's done, it will reboot itself!

Once it reboots, let it sit for another minute and a pop up will appear saying "finalizing update" and then it will pop up saying "update complete" and you will be running 2.3.6 on your Transform Ultra!

You will notice some slight changes like the "Boost Zone" app and different live wallpapers, along the phone and ID buttons changing color. The touch screen works MUCH better and there are no more CIQ's on the phone.

Anyways, I hope this helps you all who don't want to wait for interdpth to get it working with root and CWM, although he should have it up and running tomorrow evening. I know a lot of you are impatient, like me.
Your guide was Great. It worked like a charm. Thank you.

I ran into a little hiccup, I was so eager to get my phone back to 2.3.4, that I didn't follow the post well enough to realize that this is for a Boost Mobile phone and not Sprint.

So, ya, now I have a Boost phone instead of Sprint. Any chance you could tell me which file dictates who the carrier is? And even more important, do you have a Sprint version of that file or know where I could get one?

Thank you again for the guide.

Update:
I found the files and another guide to get me back on a sprint image.

Thanks again for the work you did.
scotttheis is offline  
Last edited by scotttheis; June 26th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotttheis For This Useful Post:
latinmaxima (July 6th, 2012)
Old June 26th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 287
 
Device(s): Samsung Transform Ultra w/Mega Tron Stock 4.1.2 Rooted Samsung Galaxy S2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 53
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Default

can this update be done by using the factory update, or do I need to have CWM?
Madroxide is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 06:18 PM   #133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Zintus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SouthEast Side, Hood
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): 5 Successful roots so far, 2 Samsung Galaxy Prevails, 1 LG Ally, 2 Samsung Transform Ultras
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia77 View Post
Ok since panaphobic heard back from a tech should i follow his steps to fix my wifi or just wait till they push the next update and see if they fixed it, cuz im clueless when it comes to this kinda of stuff :/ also just today i restored my phone to factory settings cuz thats what i was suggested to do now when i try and reinstall my apps i get an error tellin me it wont download with (927) behind the message, any idea what that means and why im gettin that damn error??

The message ur getting is due to google app crap being left behind after a factory reset...

Goto settings/applications/manage apps and go to each and every google app that is installed on ur phone and click clear data and clear cache it will fix this... i have had to do it once or twice on both my wife's and my TU
Zintus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #134 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
thacloser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: northern arizona
Posts: 43
 
Device(s): SPH-M830BST rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to thacloser
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlia77 View Post
Ok since panaphobic heard back from a tech should i follow his steps to fix my wifi or just wait till they push the next update and see if they fixed it, cuz im clueless when it comes to this kinda of stuff :/ also just today i restored my phone to factory settings cuz thats what i was suggested to do now when i try and reinstall my apps i get an error tellin me it wont download with (927) behind the message, any idea what that means and why im gettin that damn error??
the above post is, i believe, a bit of overkill. go to applications/manage apps and click the ALL tab (default will be the downloaded tab) and go to google services framework and google play store and just clear the cache. no need to clear the data. this will take about 10 minutes before your play store is accessible again.
thacloser is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2012, 02:41 PM   #135 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Zintus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SouthEast Side, Hood
Posts: 53
 
Device(s): 5 Successful roots so far, 2 Samsung Galaxy Prevails, 1 LG Ally, 2 Samsung Transform Ultras
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 22
Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Not overkill, just thorough.. I kept getting the error even after just clearing the cache and data on playstore and framework... So I went through and cleared all of it! Clearing all of it made it work fine...
Zintus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #136 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: L.A.
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): samsung transform ultra
Carrier: who needs a carrier

Thanks: 10
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It says the link is invalid???????
Juggaloelmo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: WI
Gender: Male
Posts: 107
 
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Transform Ultra.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggaloelmo View Post
It says the link is invalid???????
I think this Thread should've been closed a while ago; Interdpth no longer visits here, I believe he doesn't have this phone anymore, & this thread was released in the early stages of 2.3.6 being released. But Thanks still do go out to him!

Now before anything you must install The New Clockwork Mod or you could Brick your phone!! here's the Link...[CWM][New Clockworkmod]-Fixed No 2min reboot

Then if you want Stock 2.3.6 Rooted here's that Link...NEW!! Boost/Sprint FF27 Update Rooted Final Ver{8/1/12}

The two Main roms being used with this phone both use 2.3.6 as a base so here are those Links...

1.MegaTron...http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/491861-megatron-6-1-0-updated-2-02-13-a.html

2.CtMod...http://androidforums.com/transform-ultra-all-things-root/607554-rom-sprint-boost-ctmod-3-75-final-12-6-12-a.html

Hope that helps!!
If I've Helped You in Any Way Please Hit The Thanks Button!
dmcjr22 likes this.
vmed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Transform Ultra > Transform Ultra - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.