Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree5Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #2001 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
buzzcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Gender: Male
Posts: 539
 
Device(s): LG 2G
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 75
Thanked 88 Times in 79 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzcon View Post
3. I would like the number of messages/emails received to show up on my home screen. I have seen it in screenshots from other users. How can I get that to work? Do I need other Apps for that or do I need to change a setting somewhere?
I found a widget that seems to do what I wanted. I will test it and report any anomalies if found. Providing a screenshot for review.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kanokgems.smswidget&feature=more_fr om_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiY29tLmthbm9rZ2 Vtcy5zbXN3aWRnZXQiXQ..

buzzcon is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 24th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #2002 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, stock 4.2.2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 10
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

So far I am liking the new (to me) ROM, but scrolling between home screens seems to be in slow motion.. any one else experience this when flashing to a new ROM?
PhRe4k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #2003 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
So far I am liking the new (to me) ROM, but scrolling between home screens seems to be in slow motion.. any one else experience this when flashing to a new ROM?
I could be one of many factors. The launcher, the gonernor, or system load. What launcher do you have? What governor are using?
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #2004 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, stock 4.2.2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 10
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
I could be one of many factors. The launcher, the gonernor, or system load. What launcher do you have? What governor are using?
Default governor (Interactive) and was using ADW as it came with the ROM, but I am also using a gingerbread launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moo.android.launcher.gingerbread&fe ature=search_result

I was on Froyocream Sandwhich before going to CM7, and it was smoother than this
PhRe4k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #2005 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
Default governor (Interactive) and was using ADW as it came with the ROM, but I am also using a gingerbread launcher: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moo.android.launcher.gingerbread&fe ature=search_result

I was on Froyocream Sandwhich before going to CM7, and it was smoother than this
I know ADW isn't the smoothest launcher out there. I also know that the default settings for interactive was set by Whyzor a little more for battery settings, not speed. I use it also, but I set it to my own custome settings with SetCPU. It takes some practice, but I have found that if I set the upkick to 65% and set the power savings to 35%. That worked for me, I would suggest trial and error for your settings.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:14 PM   #2006 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, stock 4.2.2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 10
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
I know ADW isn't the smoothest launcher out there. I also know that the default settings for interactive was set by Whyzor a little more for battery settings, not speed. I use it also, but I set it to my own custome settings with SetCPU. It takes some practice, but I have found that if I set the upkick to 65% and set the power savings to 35%. That worked for me, I would suggest trial and error for your settings.

It seems the more I use my phone, the faster things get.. could it be that its a new flash? I think I remember reading about something to that effect, but I could be wrong
PhRe4k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2012, 10:49 PM   #2007 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
It seems the more I use my phone, the faster things get.. could it be that its a new flash? I think I remember reading about something to that effect, but I could be wrong
On a fresh flash you don't have any cache. That does take time and will increase the time your apps load, but after that they should run just fine.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #2008 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 826
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140317
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 180 Times in 156 Posts
Default

its the ADW launcher, i would bet on it lol, i love the adw launcher in this version, built in, got its own area in the settings, and it allows you to use 2 extra settings that ive never gotten if i downloaded the new ADW separate, screen transitions and workspace loop

but ADW is known to slow down and speed up at times, its just the launcher


i can even bet, if you were to download, just for test purposes, 360 launcher you would immediately notice its super smooth


ADW has grown on me so i stick with it lol even thru its little slow downs


but if you wanna just try out and see install 360 launcher while ADW is on there, adw will stay but the settings area wont say ADW anymore till 360 launcher in uninstalled, then press the home key and choose 360, check out the smoothness, then press home button again and choose ADW youll see adw isnt as smooth, but it changes pages a lil faster
Tokens210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #2009 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, stock 4.2.2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 10
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Would there be a way to restore the standard stock gingerbread launcher to replace ADW?
PhRe4k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #2010 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 826
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140317
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 180 Times in 156 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
Would there be a way to restore the standard stock gingerbread launcher to replace ADW?

i believe Launcher2 is what you would want, ill see if i can find 1 around for ya

but you would need to install the launcher2.apk with the file manager(or whatever file manager you use) and then just uninstall the adw and reboot and it should all be fine

note: some widgets you may have had May remain on the screen, or some widgets that are usually on the stock launcher may appear, but they will probly crash "Problem Loading Widgets", deleting the crashed ones and just replacing the widget should fix it

also most if not all of the app icons you had placed on your homescreens will need to be put back


Here i pulled this launcher2.apk from g60's CM7 so it should work fine

http://depositfiles.com/files/2uubtphtf
Tokens210 is offline  
Last edited by Tokens210; June 25th, 2012 at 03:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokens210 For This Useful Post:
PhRe4k (June 25th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #2011 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, stock 4.2.2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 10
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokens210 View Post
i believe Launcher2 is what you would want, ill see if i can find 1 around for ya

but you would need to install the launcher2.apk with the file manager(or whatever file manager you use) and then just uninstall the adw and reboot and it should all be fine

note: some widgets you may have had May remain on the screen, or some widgets that are usually on the stock launcher may appear, but they will probly crash "Problem Loading Widgets", deleting the crashed ones and just replacing the widget should fix it

also most if not all of the app icons you had placed on your homescreens will need to be put back


Here i pulled this launcher2.apk from g60's CM7 so it should work fine

DepositFiles
To uninstall ADW, do I use the file manager also? Sorry for the inconvenience, but you are being a great help

Edit- Or replacing ADW with launcher2.apk in the script maybe?
PhRe4k is offline  
Last edited by PhRe4k; June 25th, 2012 at 04:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #2012 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,808 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhRe4k View Post
To uninstall ADW, do I use the file manager also? Sorry for the inconvenience, but you are being a great help

Edit- Or replacing ADW with launcher2.apk in the script maybe?
The best way is to edit the .zip. The app is located in system\apps. Just delete ADW.apk and you should be good to go as launcher2.apk has always been installed by default.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but you may want to download g60-final ROM.

http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/523270-rom-final-cm7-7-2-rc1-g60-style-final-6-10-12-a.html

While Whyzor's ROM is solid there is a few issues I resolved that where major bugs like volume issue with notifications, and also the proximity sensor. Also I took out AWD of the build a long with all the other apps not needed like rom manger, file manager, terminal, as they all can be downloaded from the market. Just an FYI.
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g60madman For This Useful Post:
PhRe4k (June 25th, 2012)
Old August 3rd, 2012, 09:00 PM   #2013 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Can someone tell me how to stop the 4 touch buttons at the bottom of the phone to stop flickering?
nickrowan97 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #2014 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrowan97 View Post
Can someone tell me how to stop the 4 touch buttons at the bottom of the phone to stop flickering?
I see people posting this from time to time. I haven't had my buttons flicker yet. I have had them change light levels kinda quickly. One way, assuming I know what you are talking about, would be to set you button light levels to something close. It would be under CyanogenMod settings--> Display--> Automatic Settings--> Edit other levels. You may have to change the number of levels (at the bottom) to make the settings stick.

You could also try one of the more up-to-date CM7 variants. G60 style, or the one that's under construction, MTDEV. They are all based off of the same code. MTDEV is a fresh start, but just started from a clean sheet and fast forwarded.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #2015 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 260
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 76 Times in 48 Posts
Default

i noticed it on g60 rom and this rom as well! The flickering even did it way back on tickerguy cm7 rom on my old triumph! Im running miui now and no issues with that as well! Funny since their coming from the same sources
903Tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #2016 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903Tex View Post
i noticed it on g60 rom and this rom as well! The flickering even did it way back on tickerguy cm7 rom on my old triumph! Im running miui now and no issues with that as well! Funny since their coming from the same sources
Welldiagnosticly, I wonder if it's a flicker or a quick change in brightness? Sense it's never happened to me I can't say one way or another.

Would you mind posting your setings for your backlight? And I mean all of them, light sensor filter, allow light decrease and maybe a sxreenshot of your light sensor levels.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #2017 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 260
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 76 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Im running miui at the moment. Unless you want a screenshot of the settings on miui lol
903Tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #2018 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 903Tex View Post
Im running miui at the moment. Unless you want a screenshot of the settings on miui lol
No.LOL. I would only want something that I can use to work on MTDEV.
On that note (don't feel like reading who I was talking to) The reason the Sharp ROM and some of the other ROMs don't have a "flicker" is they don't vary the button backlights. They only have full brightness or off. Under CM7, and one of my favorate features, there's a setting to vary the button brightness with the screen brightness. One could set the rules to their liking, which I do. I would like to know if the people who have a flicker would like to test out some settings with the buttons set to a less varied amount for me. I can guide them if nessesary.

Holla
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #2019 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, Texas
Posts: 260
 
Device(s): I lost count
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 76 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Let me flash back to this rom and ill give you the screenshot
903Tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 903Tex For This Useful Post:
dsmryder (August 5th, 2012)
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #2020 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
BSydz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 950
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph Sharpened, Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 863
Thanked 935 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
No.LOL. I would only want something that I can use to work on MTDEV.
On that note (don't feel like reading who I was talking to) The reason the Sharp ROM and some of the other ROMs don't have a "flicker" is they don't vary the button backlights. They only have full brightness or off. Under CM7, and one of my favorate features, there's a setting to vary the button brightness with the screen brightness. One could set the rules to their liking, which I do. I would like to know if the people who have a flicker would like to test out some settings with the buttons set to a less varied amount for me. I can guide them if nessesary.

Holla
The flicker is caused by PWM (pulse width modulation) it is a control mechanism for electric motors and lights, LED especially, It pulses the electricity to have the desired effect, such as controling the speed of the motor or never giving the light enough time to reach full brightness. Just figured I would throw this out there for anybody that didn't know. Good luck guys.
__________________
"If somethings in your way, you gotta move it or use it." - Me

If you would like to thank me, beyond just saying thanks, you can donate to my coffee fund to keep my eyes open.
Donate
BSydz is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #2021 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSydz View Post
The flicker is caused by PWM (pulse width modulation) it is a control mechanism for electric motors and lights, LED especially, It pulses the electricity to have the desired effect, such as controling the speed of the motor or never giving the light enough time to reach full brightness. Just figured I would throw this out there for anybody that didn't know. Good luck guys.
Yeah, but I don't have a flicker. I really think it's not a flicker, but a on-off deal caused by being at the edge of that part of the table.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2022 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Changing lockscreen format time from 24 to 12

I have the last build of cm7 and I really like it but on the lock screen it shows the time in 24 hour format. I have check in the settings to change this and the one I found was not checked (I believe that is for the home screen clock though). Is there a way to change the lockscreen time format to show a 12 hour format?
sonnyneu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #2023 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyneu View Post
I have the last build of cm7 and I really like it but on the lock screen it shows the time in 24 hour format. I have check in the settings to change this and the one I found was not checked (I believe that is for the home screen clock though). Is there a way to change the lockscreen time format to show a 12 hour format?
Under settings, look for Date and time. From there look for the "Use 24-hour format" button.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM   #2024 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
Under settings, look for Date and time. From there look for the "Use 24-hour format" button.
That is the one I checked on and it was unchecked and that is for the homescreen time format. The one I can't seem to find is for the lock screen, which mine shows 24 hour format time when my homescreen shows 12 hour format
sonnyneu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #2025 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyneu View Post
That is the one I checked on and it was unchecked and that is for the homescreen time format. The one I can't seem to find is for the lock screen, which mine shows 24 hour format time when my homescreen shows 12 hour format
Well, I tried it and it changes my time for the whole system time. Do you have a custom lock screen? I don't think there's a different lock screen time format.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2026 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I do not think its custom, I used CM7-TG-Reloaded-2012-03-25 and I assume its part of that. I installed the same rom on wife's phone and it does same thing. I've been using it a while now it doesn't bother me that much but the wife would like the 12 hour format. Maybe I should try a custom lock screen?
sonnyneu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #2027 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyneu View Post
I do not think its custom, I used CM7-TG-Reloaded-2012-03-25 and I assume its part of that. I installed the same rom on wife's phone and it does same thing. I've been using it a while now it doesn't bother me that much but the wife would like the 12 hour format. Maybe I should try a custom lock screen?
Not yet. I haven't running Whyzor's work for a while. Well, not sense g60, Whyzor, and mantera tought me how to build. Well you have some choices. You could try one of G60's ROMs, the work he did when Whyzor left or his new one MTDEV
The first one is a continuation of what you have now. The second is a start-from-scatch that has some improvments in over all that has been done.

The other choice you have is wait untill someone figures out what is going on on you ROM.

Another thing I can recommend is to do a nandroid backup of what you have and try one of the ROMs listed. If you want to move I would recommend SMSBackup to backup your messages so you can move them to the new ROM.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #2028 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Further tweaks after installations

Hi,
Thanks for the excellent work. I successfully installed and have a working unit. However, I find that although initially the phone was fast responding, now it has slowed down. Specifically I see (through SeePU app) that the processor is always at work (the bar is almost all the time red, means processor is 80-100 % in use) and memory slowly goes down and does not recover. My personal experience of the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread has been the more efficient handling of the memory. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
ashwinipn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #2029 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinipn View Post
Hi,
Thanks for the excellent work. I successfully installed and have a working unit. However, I find that although initially the phone was fast responding, now it has slowed down. Specifically I see (through SeePU app) that the processor is always at work (the bar is almost all the time red, means processor is 80-100 % in use) and memory slowly goes down and does not recover. My personal experience of the difference between Froyo and Gingerbread has been the more efficient handling of the memory. Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like a memory leak. That points to either a bad flash/download, our a naughty app. I would start with a reflash, then introduce the apps one at a time.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM   #2030 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 24
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Reverb (Stock rooted Jelly Bean), Motorola Triumph, Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
13jpgbass
Default

So I love this rom, but it can be quite buggy and I'm 90% its the ICS animations. Is there anything I could flash to remove them? Other than that its great, the battery life is incredible.
13jpgbass is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2031 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,808 Times in 772 Posts
Default

I would recommend installing the mtdev-cm7 rom. Its much more stable due to the fact whyzor's build is based on cm7 rc1 and MTDEV is based on cm7.2 stable. Also we have updated a lot of the library files for the phone including fixing lots of bugs. You should see in increase in overall performance and battery life.
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g60madman For This Useful Post:
realdreams (January 14th, 2013)
Old September 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #2032 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g60madman View Post
I would recommend installing the mtdev-cm7 rom. Its much more stable due to the fact whyzor's build is based on cm7 rc1 and MTDEV is based on cm7.2 stable. Also we have updated a lot of the library files for the phone including fixing lots of bugs. You should see in increase in overall performance and battery life.
I can second that remark. We also included some tweaks and are still making more. Plus, you can get a heads up on our ICS and JB ROMs.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:24 PM   #2033 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (MTDEV CM9), LG Optimus V(ICySnap v1.0), Samsung Intercept V (BoltCM7).
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Missing the Android Market/Google Play

I flashed this ROM along with the gapps, but the Play Store/Android Market appears to be missing. Is there a more up to date version of this or is this an issue with my ROM/gapp.zip flashing?
Thanks.
astrosones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #2034 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 122
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

This is the same ROM but improved. Also has gapps.zip on this page.
nyioo7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nyioo7 For This Useful Post:
dsmryder (October 14th, 2012)
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:21 PM   #2035 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (MTDEV CM9), LG Optimus V(ICySnap v1.0), Samsung Intercept V (BoltCM7).
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Flashed the other ROM and the gapps. Still didn't show. I cleared data, cache, and Dalvik and then flashed the ROM. After it finished I flashed the gapps and then rebooted, but the gapps don't show; just Google Talk. Am I doing something wrong?
astrosones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #2036 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosones View Post
Flashed the other ROM and the gapps. Still didn't show. I cleared data, cache, and Dalvik and then flashed the ROM. After it finished I flashed the gapps and then rebooted, but the gapps don't show; just Google Talk. Am I doing something wrong?
You might have a bad download of gapps. Make sure it's named with GB in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan491 View Post
Are you going to work on ics?
Is who working on ICS? I think we (MTRDEV) are the only ones working on ICS for the MT ATM.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #2037 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 122
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 36
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosones View Post
Flashed the other ROM and the gapps. Still didn't show. I cleared data, cache, and Dalvik and then flashed the ROM. After it finished I flashed the gapps and then rebooted, but the gapps don't show; just Google Talk. Am I doing something wrong?
That means you are only flashing gapps Talk. There are two different zip files for CM7. One is called just gapps. The other is called gapp Talk.

Here's the direct link. Click and download flash enjoy.
nyioo7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #2038 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 40
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Is there another rom with stable tethering? I love this rom because tethering works really well once I force it to use evdo...... email works fine.... but nothing else really works.... 2/3 of apps just randomly disappear or FC....
realdreams is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #2039 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdreams View Post
Is there another rom with stable tethering? I love this rom because tethering works really well once I force it to use evdo...... email works fine.... but nothing else really works.... 2/3 of apps just randomly disappear or FC....
Have you tried CM7 by MTDEV. It had it working, I haven't tested it myself for like 6 months, but it should work. If it doesn't please report it and I can put it on my list of things to do.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2040 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 260
Thanked 124 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Hey your the guy with the scirocco g60 right?
bobloadmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 14th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #2041 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,808 Times in 772 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloadmire View Post
Hey your the guy with the scirocco g60 right?
Actually it was the Corrado g60 but yeah that was back in 1998, and actually I'm the guy
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g60madman For This Useful Post:
bobloadmire (January 14th, 2013)
Old January 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2042 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 260
Thanked 124 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

I remember you from the triumph forums. What an awful phone
bobloadmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 06:30 AM   #2043 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,808 Times in 772 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobloadmire View Post
I remember you from the triumph forums. What an awful phone
I take it you mean at xda cause breaker 1-9 we are still in the Triumph forums LOL
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:45 AM   #2044 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 260
Thanked 124 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by g60madman View Post
I take it you mean at xda cause breaker 1-9 we are still in the Triumph forums LOL
Oh yeah lol I'm so sorry!
bobloadmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #2045 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RolaAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (BSydz build testers ICS/JB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile....unfortunately

Thanks: 160
Thanked 106 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g60madman View Post
Actually it was the Corrado g60 but yeah that was back in 1998, and actually I'm the guy
They had cell phone back in 1998?
RolaAddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #2046 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 401
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 260
Thanked 124 Times in 64 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Well the touch screen felt like it was.
bobloadmire is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #2047 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Is it just my phone or has mediafire deleted the rom?
ertpecs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #2048 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertpecs View Post
Is it just my phone or has mediafire deleted the rom?
Back from march of last year, I think it's gone. Check out one of our ROMs on my signature.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
cyanogenmod, gingerbread, motorola, triumph


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/470282-rom-cm7-tg-reloaded-final-03-25-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback March 14th, 2012 10:35 AM
Virgin Mobile Phones, anything goes thread. - Page 23 This thread Refback February 23rd, 2012 01:03 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.