Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree272Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:37 PM   #501 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFister View Post
Hmmm, so juicedefender doesn't seem to turn on/off wifi/3g as it did with stock rom. Is that the way it's supposed to be? Or is a fix needed?
I'll tell you the truth. I don't use JD.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I presume you mean the data isn't blocked during the times it should be blocked.

Advertisements
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 28th, 2012, 11:59 PM   #502 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks ex, your fix allows settings to stick since my upgrade from 8/10. I thought wifi might be the culprit. For a few days I was baffled that the torch notification would come on, but the torch would not light and wifi would start turning on and off. I still can't use wifi and bluetooth at the same time, but I'm looking forward to the day that I can use away from home DAAP streaming over bluetooth headphones while mowing the lawn or being in an area with wifi.

Unfortunately, though the headphone override settings stick, audio still plays only over headphones and not the speakers. This is unfortunate since I like to listen to podcasts or binaural stuff when going to sleep but want my alarm to actually be useful in the morning. If only my lady enjoyed being woken up to a scary story once in a while!
exProphecy likes this.
Lepy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 06:58 AM   #503 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
I'll tell you the truth. I don't use JD.

Can you elaborate on what you mean? I presume you mean the data isn't blocked during the times it should be blocked.
Yeah, it's supposed to turn off wifi and 3g when the screen is off. Actually i retested it, it looks like wifi does turn on and off when i turn on and off the screen. But 3g doesn't.

Edit: I'm using the 8-10 version of this ROM btw. Seems there are less bugs than the 8-19 version from what i've read in this thread.
MFister is offline  
Last edited by MFister; August 29th, 2012 at 07:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #504 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): motorola triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
wilkins.perez@gmail.com
Default

my camera stoped working it forces to close everytime i try to use it now
ELMEGADIVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #505 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMEGADIVO View Post
my camera stoped working it forces to close everytime i try to use it now
Well, I'll start with the standard questions. Have you installed any software our updates recently? Have you tried clearing your cache? What version are you running? Have you fine any mods like thunderprop?
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #506 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFister View Post
Yeah, it's supposed to turn off wifi and 3g when the screen is off. Actually i retested it, it looks like wifi does turn on and off when i turn on and off the screen. But 3g doesn't.

Edit: I'm using the 8-10 version of this ROM btw. Seems there are less bugs than the 8-19 version from what i've read in this thread.
Juice Defender stops the data flow from 3g. Are you sure it isn't just showing the icon? Are you getting notifications that only come when the data it's allowed to flow?
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #507 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): motorola triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
wilkins.perez@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
Well, I'll start with the standard questions. Have you installed any software our updates recently? Have you tried clearing your cache? What version are you running? Have you fine any mods like thunderprop?

reg updates from th eapps i use from the market such as instagram and facebook thats it..iam running 20120819
ELMEGADIVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #508 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 847
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140812
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 181 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMEGADIVO View Post
reg updates from th eapps i use from the market such as instagram and facebook thats it..iam running 20120819

1. Was the Camera Working, then it just stopped??

2. If the camera hasen't worked since you flashed did you wipe and clear everything you were supposed to??

3. After you flashed did you load any type of backup that may have had system files??

4. If the camera was working and then just stopped, was it around the time instagram got an update??
Tokens210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 07:36 PM   #509 (permalink)
Member
 
GrandTheftBJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): T-Mo SGS3 (JB update / non-rooted) Motorola Triumph: MTDEV-CM7 (10/15), SmartassV2, CFQ, 122-190
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to GrandTheftBJJ
Default Benchmark, Battery, and Kernel Tests.

My apologies for the latency. I have recently installed LinuxMint on my pc to get my feet wet in a Linux environment and hopefully be of more use here DEV-wise. So I've been busy fidgeting with that incessantly. Anyway! There was a requests in my MIUI test thread for this ROM to be tested and I actually started doing so long before the request was made. I just had to reach a stopping point to publish here.

Without further ado, in MS Excel format, here is the Dropbox link: MTDEV-CM7.2_Benchmarks_and_Battery_Tests

As I have mentioned briefly in other posts, the stock Kernel really is the best fit. In the doc you will find that I also experimented with b_kernel and the OCkernel. B_kernel generally had a bit higher benchmarks and battery life was greater or lesser depending on governor/IO config. For stability stick with the default and if you are concerned with battery or performance, adjust your CPU configs accordingly. The OCkernel had higher benchmarks in most cases and battery life was about the same in some configs and atrocious (reminiscent of the Stock ROM) in others. A major dysfunction worth noting is that wifi DOES NOT work if you flash theOCkernel over MTDEVCM7.2
__________________
What I do outside this forum:

Psychology & Philosophy

Fitness, Diet, and Nutrition
GrandTheftBJJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GrandTheftBJJ For This Useful Post:
Bill Clay (August 29th, 2012), dsmryder (August 30th, 2012), mattbodin (August 29th, 2012)
Old August 29th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #510 (permalink)
Member
 
emerald10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Port Angeles, WA
Posts: 114
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph running MIUIv4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Default

It won't download. The site keeps freezing. Is there another way to download?

Edit: nevermind downloaded Starship instead.
emerald10 is offline  
Last edited by emerald10; August 29th, 2012 at 09:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:31 PM   #511 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,814 Times in 772 Posts
Default

What browser are you using? Are you downloading from your phone? If so what ROM. If others are having problems I want to make sure to fix the site.

Thanks :-)
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #512 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

So far this is my favorite rom. The devs for the Triumph are amazing . Cant wait for the next update.
JuiceX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #513 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 29
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceX View Post
So far this is my favorite rom. The devs for the Triumph are amazing . Cant wait for the next update.
Me too, I'm waiting for the next update, then I'll do the full wipe and move over from Starship.
dunni88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM   #514 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 450
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 226
Thanked 194 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunni88 View Post
Me too, I'm waiting for the next update, then I'll do the full wipe and move over from Starship.
Yeah wait just a bit longer. Everything seems to work here on MTDEV CM7 except a few force closes in Wifi settings and an inaccurate GPS. But that will more than likely be fixed if we have patience.
MikeRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:20 PM   #515 (permalink)
hlo
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

GPS usually locks within a minute for me. I use GPS Status then switch to google maps after lock reported. Just using google maps by itself is not usually effective for me.
I also force update the A-GPS state from the tools menu every few days.
hlo is offline  
Last edited by hlo; August 30th, 2012 at 08:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #516 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: cali
Posts: 90
 
Device(s): LG optimus v, Samsung transform ultra, Motorola Triumph, and soon the evo v 3d
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 63
Thanked 71 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g60madman View Post
What browser are you using? Are you downloading from your phone? If so what ROM. If others are having problems I want to make sure to fix the site.

Thanks :-)
Ya I'm having a problem downloading from my phone and I'm using you're cm7 8/9 because of the wifi issues I backtracked to 8/9.
Davegrow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #517 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,814 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davegrow View Post
Ya I'm having a problem downloading from my phone and I'm using you're cm7 8/9 because of the wifi issues I backtracked to 8/9.
You be all set I reconfigured the download site.
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g60madman For This Useful Post:
Davegrow (August 30th, 2012)
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:26 AM   #518 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 450
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 226
Thanked 194 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Only issue on this ROM's current stable build that irks me a little. Nothing against you guys, but I can easily live with the other minor bugs while you work on CM7. g60madman, if you could, please figure out what's making the GPS jump from location to location. Note that this only happens to me when on data and AGPS, Wifi works great with location features. Problem is, if I ever need a GPS, I'm never really near Wifi. So basically AGPS needs a fix, and this was no issue with CM7 g60style. Maybe it was CM7 that borked something? Or you guys need to revert one of the changes to the GPS libraries? Tried using FasterGPS to no avail, GPS still jumps around and will never lock in. Anyhow, enough complaining on my part. Madman, if you need help pinpointing the commit that caused the issue by having someone test each build, I'm all ears. I'm willing to backup my current setup and test away until I find the latest build with an accurate GPS lock. That should help you guys out a bit.
MikeRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 07:40 PM   #519 (permalink)
hlo
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRL View Post
Only issue on this ROM's current stable build that irks me a little. Nothing against you guys, but I can easily live with the other minor bugs while you work on CM7. g60madman, if you could, please figure out what's making the GPS jump from location to location. Note that this only happens to me when on data and AGPS, Wifi works great with location features. Problem is, if I ever need a GPS, I'm never really near Wifi. So basically AGPS needs a fix, and this was no issue with CM7 g60style. Maybe it was CM7 that borked something? Or you guys need to revert one of the changes to the GPS libraries? Tried using FasterGPS to no avail, GPS still jumps around and will never lock in. Anyhow, enough complaining on my part. Madman, if you need help pinpointing the commit that caused the issue by having someone test each build, I'm all ears. I'm willing to backup my current setup and test away until I find the latest build with an accurate GPS lock. That should help you guys out a bit.
GPS works perfectly fine for me even when I am in airplane mode. I have never used FasterGPS but does it have a way to clear AGPS data? the GPS status app I mentioned above can clear it. Perhaps your AGPS data is corrupted
hlo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:50 PM   #520 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
thangfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,311
 
Device(s): Triumph - CM7.2.0 mostly
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 331
Thanked 352 Times in 265 Posts
Default

My GPS works real well too.
The only time I've ever seen it jump around when navigating or in latitude is if you lose GPS lock and it jumps to your cell tower location, but if it does that you should see a large blue circle around your (current tower) location. can happen in heavy tree cover, going indoors, etc. Perfectly normal. Difference between course and fine location.
Don't know if that's what you're experiencing or not...
thangfish is offline  
Last edited by thangfish; August 31st, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM   #521 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 82
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph running MTDEV CM9
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Hi I recently downloaded this ROM. I did wiped/factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik, installed the ROM and flashed gapps. I get a strange bug: sometimes when I go into the settings of the phone and either check or uncheck a setting i.e., checking on automatic brightness, the phone doesn't change that setting. I would check the box and then hit the back button in order for the thing to save, but when I go back it retracts to whatever setting it was previously on. This bug happens to almost every single option in the settings such as changing the indicator color, changing the widgets on the indicator, changing screen timeout, etc. Another issue that sometimes comes is the camera. When I switch from the back to the front camera, the camera freezes up. In order for me to open the camera back again I would have to force stop the application and reboot. Rebooting also temporarily fixes the settings issue I mentioned previously, but the problem would reoccur later. I've tried re-flashing this rom several times. But I always end up with the same problem. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.
jr9306 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:31 PM   #522 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
buzzcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Duluth, Minnesota
Gender: Male
Posts: 540
 
Device(s): LG 2G
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 75
Thanked 89 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr9306 View Post
Hi I recently downloaded this ROM. I did wiped/factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik, installed the ROM and flashed gapps. I get a strange bug: sometimes when I go into the settings of the phone and either check or uncheck a setting i.e., checking on automatic brightness, the phone doesn't change that setting. I would check the box and then hit the back button in order for the thing to save, but when I go back it retracts to whatever setting it was previously on. This bug happens to almost every single option in the settings such as changing the indicator color, changing the widgets on the indicator, changing screen timeout, etc. Another issue that sometimes comes is the camera. When I switch from the back to the front camera, the camera freezes up. In order for me to open the camera back again I would have to force stop the application and reboot. Rebooting also temporarily fixes the settings issue I mentioned previously, but the problem would reoccur later. I've tried re-flashing this rom several times. But I always end up with the same problem. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.
deleted
__________________



buzzcon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 09:09 PM   #523 (permalink)
hlo
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr9306 View Post
Hi I recently downloaded this ROM. I did wiped/factory reset, cleared cache and dalvik, installed the ROM and flashed gapps. I get a strange bug: sometimes when I go into the settings of the phone and either check or uncheck a setting i.e., checking on automatic brightness, the phone doesn't change that setting. I would check the box and then hit the back button in order for the thing to save, but when I go back it retracts to whatever setting it was previously on. This bug happens to almost every single option in the settings such as changing the indicator color, changing the widgets on the indicator, changing screen timeout, etc. Another issue that sometimes comes is the camera. When I switch from the back to the front camera, the camera freezes up. In order for me to open the camera back again I would have to force stop the application and reboot. Rebooting also temporarily fixes the settings issue I mentioned previously, but the problem would reoccur later. I've tried re-flashing this rom several times. But I always end up with the same problem. Any ideas? Sorry for the long post.
exProphecy and Tokens210 suggest these:
[ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03 or
[ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Although I haven't really noticed any issue myself.
hlo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 10:35 PM   #524 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlo View Post
exProphecy and Tokens210 suggest these:
[ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03 or
[ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Although I haven't really noticed any issue myself.
I've heard that before too. I think it was in this thread it was mentioned and confirmed that turning off WiFi should help.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:23 AM   #525 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 82
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph running MTDEV CM9
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Thanks, i appreciate the help. Any idea why this is a problem for some?
jr9306 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:39 AM   #526 (permalink)
Member
 
sqwerl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 140
 
Device(s): HTC One SV (s-off, JB)
Carrier: Boost

Thanks: 86
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr9306 View Post
Thanks, i appreciate the help. Any idea why this is a problem for some?
sqwerl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:01 PM   #527 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hello yall, Been a long time reader/lurker, so right off the bat I want to say thanks to the great Dev community that keeps pushing foward to pick up when others jump ship. You all are all saving me alot of $$ keeping me here interested with the Triumph.

Anyways,
Problems I am having...

1. Issues with restoring SMS. I've been using the SMS Backup & Restore App since November of 2011, I have flashed just about every rom out there & have never had this problem until I flashed mtdevCM7-20120819. I only was able to restore about half of them, I rebooted & they are now all gone. The other day I was running mtdevCM7-20120810 & I didn't run into this. Any suggestions?

2. Data- It seems like my data for SMS is intermittent. I'm sure the fact that I have horrible service right here @ my little workstation doesnt help but I'm getting messages that are hours old & again, that has never been an issue since I've owned the Triumph. Will some roms have different connection configurations when it comes to 1x & 3g running together or separately or will they have different PRL's?

3. This is an odd one & maybe I'm paranoid but when I open Google Maps it automatically opens up on Nigeria instead of the U.S.. If the last time I was using maps I was on my home wifi would that mean that my networked is POWNED by someone possibly using a RAT in Nigeria. I ran Z-Anti app (pentest tool/network discovery tool) & didnt see anything odd on my network. On Google maps there was no big blue circle or blue arrow, it just opened to Nigeria. I enable the GPS but it wouldn't lock, even with the wifi. Just seemed odd.

So I believe that is it for now.. Any input would be greatly appreciated & I aplogize ahead of time if this has bee discussed already & I dont remember it.
Jimmycrackcorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM   #528 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmycrackcorn View Post
Hello yall, Been a long time reader/lurker, so right off the bat I want to say thanks to the great Dev community that keeps pushing foward to pick up when others jump ship. You all are all saving me alot of $$ keeping me here interested with the Triumph.

Anyways,
Problems I am having...
Thank You
Quote:

1. Issues with restoring SMS. I've been using the SMS Backup & Restore App since November of 2011, I have flashed just about every rom out there & have never had this problem until I flashed mtdevCM7-20120819. I only was able to restore about half of them, I rebooted & they are now all gone. The other day I was running mtdevCM7-20120810 & I didn't run into this. Any suggestions?
I use the same app for my messages. I can tell you that even with the same release, I haven't had an issue other than when I load fresh and I get a new message that the new message can get lost during the restore process. I have had issues with Handcent. It doesn't always get all of the messages. I will open the restored messages with the preinstalled app and change my settings from there so I have all of my stuff the way I want it.
Quote:

2. Data- It seems like my data for SMS is intermittent. I'm sure the fact that I have horrible service right here @ my little workstation doesnt help but I'm getting messages that are hours old & again, that has never been an issue since I've owned the Triumph. Will some roms have different connection configurations when it comes to 1x & 3g running together or separately or will they have different PRL's?
Different ROMs can have an effect (affect?). Also a bad download or flash can have simular issues as well.
Quote:

3. This is an odd one & maybe I'm paranoid but when I open Google Maps it automatically opens up on Nigeria instead of the U.S.. If the last time I was using maps I was on my home wifi would that mean that my networked is POWNED by someone possibly using a RAT in Nigeria. I ran Z-Anti app (pentest tool/network discovery tool) & didnt see anything odd on my network. On Google maps there was no big blue circle or blue arrow, it just opened to Nigeria. I enable the GPS but it wouldn't lock, even with the wifi. Just seemed odd.
This one is kinda wierd. I was using a GPS faker app that would mess things up while using the real GPS. I think it was how the eupherics (I think that's what it's called) is used.
Quote:
So I believe that is it for now.. Any input would be greatly appreciated & I aplogize ahead of time if this has bee discussed already & I dont remember it.
Thank goodness J/K
Glad you like our work. We're still working on getting CM9 and 10 up to the CM7 standards, and I'm working on a new feature. We'll see how it goes. It does take like 20 Minutes to build

Thank you supporters! Without you, the builds, and thus tests, would still take about 3 hours.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM   #529 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thanks for the quick reply bud,

The ultimate ICS theme wouldnt have anything to do with the problems would it?

I think I might of recieved while restoring, not sure..

One more thing, I deleted my hancent app just to make sure setting are all the same & now when tyring to send sms it is just sitting there saying "sending" & I eventually get a "msg not sent'' notification. The thing is.. I have 3g right now.

Maybe Ill try to re-download & re-flash. This is just weird because, I've ran ROM's that have had a reputation of being very buggy for months on end & never had issues with them but this 20120819 is suppose to be stable & its almost unusable to me right now.. Its almost like every bug listed on this thread I have encounterd in the past 24hrs.Lol. I should definitely re flash.

Thanks again for the promt reply dsmryder! I'll let you know whether it fixes it.
Jimmycrackcorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:56 PM   #530 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Heres a total noob question, but if I had a kernal running from a Froyo based ROM like Froyocream or B_Rom running on B_Kernal 2.3 does that get wiped out with a Davlik & factory wipe? I'm under the impression it does but what should be run with this ROM? Any suggestions? They aren't all compatible w/each other ROM & Kernal wise, correct?
Jimmycrackcorn is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:07 PM   #531 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmycrackcorn View Post
Heres a total noob question, but if I had a kernal running from a Froyo based ROM like Froyocream or B_Rom running on B_Kernal 2.3 does that get wiped out with a Davlik & factory wipe? I'm under the impression it does but what should be run with this ROM? Any suggestions? They aren't all compatible w/each other ROM & Kernal wise, correct?
The kernel (it's in the boot.img for those who poke around) is replaced with our kernel during the install process. It shouldn't matter if you clear chaches at all.

GB kernels for our phone almost work across the board. You will have functionally different issues. Think of the proximity bug, video flicker, audio bugs. At the same time you might get a benefit, like in the b_kernel you get the ablility to mount some types of images.
The FroYo kernels won't work on GB and vice versa, so just keep that in mind. But they all do have simularities, well GB and FroYo. Now for ISC and JB, they are way different from where we are now. It's either mad patching a FroYo kernel (GB is a patched FroYo kernel), or mad patching a fresh 3.0 + kernel. Either way it's a pain.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:07 PM   #532 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 82
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph running MTDEV CM9
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Oops, how noob of me.
jr9306 is offline  
Last edited by jr9306; September 3rd, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:33 PM   #533 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Coby Kyros MID 7015
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
mattlb0619
Default

just double checking, the default mtdev-cm7 20120810 governor io are interactive and iso... right?
mattbodin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 10:44 PM   #534 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,361
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 373
Thanked 493 Times in 344 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbodin View Post
just double checking, the default mtdev-cm7 20120810 governor io are interactive and sio... right?
I think so. You could alway install the ROM and make any changes you feel necesary.

Why do you ask?
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM   #535 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Coby Kyros MID 7015
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
mattlb0619
Default

running benchmarks and battery tests, forgot to do defaults first.
dsmryder likes this.
mattbodin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 09:34 AM   #536 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Htc Evo V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does anyone have a different download link for this? My apartment complex wifi firewall keeps blocking the one in the OP for who knows what reason and I really wanna try this.
1982srich is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #537 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,814 Times in 772 Posts
Default

You may want to flush your DNS. Also try a proxy server or drive by an arbys an use free wifi on your phone. If it won't download from the stock browser on the phone download dolphin.
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:08 PM   #538 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 175
 
Device(s): LG Optimus F6, LG Optimus L9, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: T-mobile $30 5GB, Previously VM $25

Thanks: 159
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982srich View Post
Does anyone have a different download link for this? My apartment complex wifi firewall keeps blocking the one in the OP for who knows what reason and I really wanna try this.
Can you download it with your phone's cell data connection instead of WiFi?
ecarlson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #539 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Coby Kyros MID 7015
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
mattlb0619
Default

how would one add another cpu governor to, im guessing a kernel? lulzactive (i like controls, buttons and switches lol).

btw, i know its already been posted but i wanted to point it out...

[REF][TWEAKS] Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers, CPU Tweaks, AIO App Configs - xda-developers

...it is an epic post.
aricblunk likes this.
mattbodin is offline  
Last edited by mattbodin; September 6th, 2012 at 04:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #540 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 5
 
Device(s): Htc Evo V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarlson View Post
Can you download it with your phone's cell data connection instead of WiFi?
No, I haven't had service for quite awhile. There's wifi everywhere so I go so I just use Google Voice and GrooveIp. As a bonus the battery life is better being in airplane mode with just the WiFi on too but I did get the rom to download finally anyway.
1982srich is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #541 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
SemeteryRocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Graveyard
Gender: Male
Posts: 69
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 / HTC Evo V 3D / Acer Iconia a200
Carrier: Straight Talk / Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 38
Thanked 23 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Firstly, let me say that it feels smoother than g60style CM7 (and I love it as well) and I'm grateful for all the hard work put into these ROM's to give us a great experience with the Triumph. =)

Now, in the spirit of this being a development thread, on to why I'm posting. It could've been mentioned in the thread already, but I did a search for and didn't see it directly.

I'm not sure what was causing it, but every hour to two or so, my keyboard would come up, but nothing I typed would actually show up. I'd have to reboot to get it working again. I've purchased multiple keyboards and none of them would work at that point. The only thing I found to fix it would be a reboot.

Another thing is that wifi would stop connecting after a point. It'd work fine when connected, but after a few hours, it wouldn't connect at all. Sometimes in the settings screen for it, it'd just absolutely not even connect, then others it would say connected but never accomplish signal (strong signal on g60) at all, or disconnect itself within 10-15 seconds.

I suppose it could be something configured in my setup, but I went back to g60 style for the meantime as it doesn't do either of those things. I do use Tasker to disable wifi and mobile data and clock down when the screen cuts off (makes my battery life PHENOMENAL no matter what ROM I use and only uses juice when I tell it I need it), but it kicks the clock right back up when it comes back on and I manually enable wifi where needed. But that's not been problematic on MIUI or g60 for whatever reason.

Finished my book here, just tossing that out there in case I'm not alone or they're legitimate issues. Again, thanks dev's, you guys ROCK!

EDIT: Meant to mention, I've only used the downloads in this thread, no other kernels or what-have-you.
SemeteryRocker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #542 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This may seem to be a redundant question. But is there a way to enable Wi-Fi during sleep mode? After 10 minutes or so of it being asleep the Wi-Fi disconnects.
Thanks for the help
Excalipoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #543 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tokens210's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Clifton Heights, PA (Just Outside Philadelphia)
Gender: Male
Posts: 847
 
Device(s): Moto Triumph MTDEV-CM7-20130303(Retired), Samsung Galaxy S3 Running CM11-20140812
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 104
Thanked 181 Times in 157 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalipoor View Post
This may seem to be a redundant question. But is there a way to enable Wi-Fi during sleep mode? After 10 minutes or so of it being asleep the Wi-Fi disconnects.
Thanks for the help

go to settings>wifi and networks> Wi-Fi Settings> press Menu key and go to Advanced> Wi-Fi Sleep Policy

you get 3 options

1.When Screen Turns Off
2. Never When Plugged In
3. Never
Tokens210 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tokens210 For This Useful Post:
mattbodin (September 8th, 2012)
Old September 7th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #544 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Ugh having some problems and hoping someone can give me a fix. Just flashed the new CM9 build and it was working great, followed all the instructions prior to installing (did factory reset, formatted cache, cleared dalvik cache. Then I just flashed the thunderprop for ICS and it installed fine but when I reboot, my phone keeps giving me the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" and shows no service at the bottom of the screen. Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it? Where can i get the stock build.prop file? Maybe putting that back will fix it?
callmeqingtian is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #545 (permalink)
Member
 
GrandTheftBJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): T-Mo SGS3 (JB update / non-rooted) Motorola Triumph: MTDEV-CM7 (10/15), SmartassV2, CFQ, 122-190
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 26 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to GrandTheftBJJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeqingtian View Post
Ugh having some problems and hoping someone can give me a fix. Just flashed the new CM9 build and it was working great, followed all the instructions prior to installing (did factory reset, formatted cache, cleared dalvik cache. Then I just flashed the thunderprop for ICS and it installed fine but when I reboot, my phone keeps giving me the message "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" and shows no service at the bottom of the screen. Anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it? Where can i get the stock build.prop file? Maybe putting that back will fix it?
If you do a reset and re-flash it would install the default build.prop. But before you do that, try going to Settings > Application > Manage Application > All > Google Services Framework and "Force Stop" then "Clear Data". That helped when I had this problem with MIUI but I don't know for sure since I haven't had the issue on CM7 and haven't tested CM9 at all.
GrandTheftBJJ is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GrandTheftBJJ For This Useful Post:
hotalings (September 22nd, 2012)
Old September 7th, 2012, 12:30 PM   #546 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 18
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank You!
Excalipoor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #547 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 74
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 29
Thanked 32 Times in 15 Posts
Default

I also had my apps un-register themselves from the Play Store after changing the DPI value in my build.prop, and I too managed to get them back by clearing Play Store and Google Services Framework's data.
aricblunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM   #548 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

after switching to front camera, camera freezes and can't do anything with it. even other camera apps will not open now. hard reboot does not fix this problem. anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: got it back. soft reboot, with a battery pull and another reboot and its back up. but i can't duplicate the problem again? o well!
elefantphace is offline  
Last edited by elefantphace; September 7th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 12:54 PM   #549 (permalink)
Member
 
Sleepingsirens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 236
 
Device(s): HTC EVO V 4G
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 153
Thanked 36 Times in 31 Posts
Default

When i first got the triumph i loved it, considering it was a hug upgrade from my intercept, but now its so much better, i was seriously considering getting the evo v for christmas, but i dont think that will be happening now
Elefantes likes this.
Sleepingsirens is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #550 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 133
 
Device(s): LGE Nexus 4
Carrier: Straight Talk AT&T

Thanks: 26
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Couple of weeks ago I did a quick&dirty upgrade from build 20120810 to 20120819 and began experiencing more and more reboots. Yesterday I gave up and did a full wipe and a clean install. Everything works fine now except for the GPS that takes forever to get a lock, most times it times out before getting the lock. It's as bad as it was on the stock ROM. Is this a common issue on the latest build or is it just a bad flash?
nwaves is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.