Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree272Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:21 AM   #1451 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Washington State
Gender: Male
Posts: 71
 
Device(s): HTC One (CM11) Nexus 7 LTE (2013, stock) Motorola Triumph (VM Revamp)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 28
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I flashed this on my dad's phone and his gps isn't working at all. It says it's not found when he tries to open the app

Urfreaky is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1452 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Try reflashing.
Gaffadin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #1453 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
warrior12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Virgintercept(Past),Motorola Triumph(Current),Sprint Galaxy S4(Future)
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urfreaky View Post
I flashed this on my dad's phone and his gps isn't working at all. It says it's not found when he tries to open the app
My gps doesnt work either. It says searching for location but never finds it. Tried a few different apps.
__________________
AF Guest Questions Team
______________________________

Signatures. Some people just can't live without them.
warrior12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #1454 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 217
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory (VM), Samsung Galaxy S3 (Boost) Retired: Intercept,Motorola Triumph,ZTE Warp
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior12 View Post
My gps doesnt work either. It says searching for location but never finds it. Tried a few different apps.
Are you on the 1/19 build?
bob-st is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 11:02 AM   #1455 (permalink)
Member
 
odojoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 160
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, wife Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 18
Thanked 29 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
If it was software related then more people would have issues. When I'm in Orlando I get terrible 3g service. Outside Orlando, my area mostly, I get 3g all day long. Even with GPS running.
I've bee getting better 3G in Orlando the last week or so.
odojoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1456 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odojoe View Post
I've bee getting better 3G in Orlando the last week or so.
Sweet! Maybe the next time I visit Shamo I'll have good service.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1457 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
BSydz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 950
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph Sharpened, Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 863
Thanked 935 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairshot215 View Post
I will take another look at the GPS, at one point we had it down to about 10/15 seconds with only modifying the gps,conf. We later added the gps libs used in Sharp and Andro-id and had it down to about 2 seconds regardless of the gps.conf so I took out a bunch of stuff from the gps.conf I had been experimenting with. Later there had been mention that it was eating up extra battery so we removed the gps libs but I did not add everything back into the gps.conf that had been there before. Did a bit of testing but could have just been a good day for gps so at the time figured they had not been needed. Have been looking at other things lately and have not used gps all that often but will add in the old gps.conf at lunch and do some more testing. Otherwise at the time it was reported I did some comparison with Stock and older versions of CM7 and did not find any difference in battery use. Navigation eats up the battery in general. Best thing to do to conserve power is what is mentioned above and turn of the screen if only listening to directions. Would recommend a car charger for anyone who uses Navigation frequently.
I was doing some research and something that stood out to me was a comment about having the right APNs for AGPS. I was thinking that maybe with all the work you put in that, that may be something that was overlooked. As I was looking at the device files I saw our APN list was just for our mms, I wonder if we pulled the APNs from one of the variant ROMs that it might help. Just thought I should throw that out there before I forget.
__________________
"If somethings in your way, you gotta move it or use it." - Me

If you would like to thank me, beyond just saying thanks, you can donate to my coffee fund to keep my eyes open.
Donate
BSydz is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BSydz For This Useful Post:
RolaAddict (February 17th, 2013)
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1458 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RolaAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (BSydz build testers ICS/JB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile....unfortunately

Thanks: 160
Thanked 106 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
If you would like to thank me, beyond just saying thanks, you can donate to my coffee fund to keep my eyes open.
Quote:
Donate
Can I just buy you coffee and send it to you BSydz?
RolaAddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RolaAddict For This Useful Post:
BSydz (February 18th, 2013)
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #1459 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
BSydz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Mitten
Posts: 950
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph Sharpened, Samsung Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 863
Thanked 935 Times in 365 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolaAddict View Post
Can I just buy you coffee and send it to you BSydz?
Ha, what are we talkin here, a can, a bag or a crate?

I gotta have my coffee, I would be lost without it.
BSydz is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #1460 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RolaAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (BSydz build testers ICS/JB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile....unfortunately

Thanks: 160
Thanked 106 Times in 89 Posts
Default

whatever u need i got can and bag coffee
RolaAddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1461 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
warrior12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Virgintercept(Past),Motorola Triumph(Current),Sprint Galaxy S4(Future)
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-st View Post
Are you on the 1/19 build?
Im on the 12-28 build. It sucks that my gps doesnt work. It works on other roms so i know i dont have a hardware problem.
warrior12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1462 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 217
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory (VM), Samsung Galaxy S3 (Boost) Retired: Intercept,Motorola Triumph,ZTE Warp
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 72
Thanked 58 Times in 43 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior12 View Post
Im on the 12-28 build. It sucks that my gps doesnt work. It works on other roms so i know i dont have a hardware problem.

GPS works ok for me on the 12-28 build.

Have you tried the usual stuff... redownload, reflash etc.
dsmryder likes this.
bob-st is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1463 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-st View Post
GPS works ok for me on the 12-28 build.

Have you tried the usual stuff... redownload, reflash etc.
And check your MD5 checksum. It's there to reduce errors that come up.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:20 PM   #1464 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Coby Kyros MID 7015
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
mattlb0619
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
And check your MD5 checksum. It's there to reduce errors that come up.
hashtab works well
mattbodin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1465 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
warrior12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Virgintercept(Past),Motorola Triumph(Current),Sprint Galaxy S4(Future)
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
And check your MD5 checksum. It's there to reduce errors that come up.
Ive reflashed, md5 check, etc etc. I dont know. I mean, i dont use many apps that use location. I did install maps and the gps worked about....once out of 9-10 tries. Doesnt bother me too much. Just when i want to use it.
warrior12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #1466 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Seaside, Ca
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to sugarbear831
Blush super duper lost and confused

I just want to simply update my MT up from 2.2.2. My phone is Rooted. Someone please help me. I want an update in which EVERYTHING WORKS. I see it useless to update to a better android OS and a list of things don't work...... seems pointless. help me. please.
sugarbear831 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #1467 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I saw dsmryder release a 1/19 built with improve of battery life? where it is now? My battery s@ck at the 12/28. Is it really improve on the 1/19 built or just the bluetooth/wifi stuff.
TekOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM   #1468 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
warrior12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 226
 
Device(s): Virgintercept(Past),Motorola Triumph(Current),Sprint Galaxy S4(Future)
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 5
Thanked 23 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2012-12-28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbear831 View Post
I just want to simply update my MT up from 2.2.2. My phone is Rooted. Someone please help me. I want an update in which EVERYTHING WORKS. I see it useless to update to a better android OS and a list of things don't work...... seems pointless. help me. please.
This isnt the best place to post that but there are many 2.2 customs roms with everything working. If you want 2.3, there is this rom and a few others. The only thing that doesnt work on 2.3 roms is the HDMI. Then there is 4.0, if you can deal with not having a "complete" camera, even though they got it to take pictures with back camera. I dont believe they fixed the ffc yet.
sugarbear831 likes this.
warrior12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #1469 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekOne View Post
I saw dsmryder release a 1/19 built with improve of battery life? where it is now? My battery s@ck at the 12/28. Is it really improve on the 1/19 built or just the bluetooth/wifi stuff.
I haven't done any digging into CM7 for a while. chairshot released a tester a page or two back that has a reworked init.triumph.rc file. I think he incorporated the power_profile.xml file that I worked on. What it does is tells the system how much power each component uses so it can better track things in battery usage.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #1470 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Chairshot215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illadelvall Pennsy
Posts: 725
 
Device(s): Starship_Triumph_Class_WX435 Evo V 4G (Angry Bean AOSP 4.2.2 / Starship Evo_V Class_Beta) Kindle F
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 285
Thanked 527 Times in 198 Posts
All the time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSydz View Post
I was doing some research and something that stood out to me was a comment about having the right APNs for AGPS. I was thinking that maybe with all the work you put in that, that may be something that was overlooked. As I was looking at the device files I saw our APN list was just for our mms, I wonder if we pulled the APNs from one of the variant ROMs that it might help. Just thought I should throw that out there before I forget.
Ill have to take a look, checked a few out a wile back but had only noticed MMS stuff but wasn't really looking at them for gps at the time so will need to take another look. Have been digging around device files like crazy trying to build CM9 for the EVO without Kernel source, pain in the ars but to make a long story short stumbled upon a few commits for AMMS 6225 so decided to check them out. Getting a fix pretty quick using GPS Test without data or wifi turned on if anyone wants to check it out.

MTDEV-CM7-20130224.zip

Otherwise took a look at that 1/19 build I put together why showing a friend how to set up and build and turns out a few things had not been updated in the build like I thought so included them as well. BT & WIFI definitely working well together, finaly picked up a headset and have been streaming Play Music & Pandora just fine with both connected. Wifi also seems to connect about 10 seconds faster then before and have been using BT Transfer to put the update-zips on my SD card from my PC and seems to also be much faster then before.
Chairshot215 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chairshot215 For This Useful Post:
Mancow60 (March 3rd, 2013)
sponsored links
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #1471 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Foxbase Alpha
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ring
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

How stable is the 20130224 build?

I ask because I've been using CM7 for a year and a half now, and every build seems to start off with decent battery life, but within a couple months battery life takes a nosedive. The MT that used to get at least 17 hours on a charge can barely limp through 5 or 6 hours before falling below 35%.

In the past I've tried messing with apps and notifications. In fact, I'm running the 20121015 build now with a mere 22 installed apps; notifications for all apps are turned off, excepting FB Messenger and GMail.

Anyway, I've always been able to "fix" the issue by flashing to a newer ROM. Right now it looks like the camera issue in CM9 just might be fixed soon (fingers crossed!). But I don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading to a newer CM7 if a camera-enabled CM9 will be available in 2 weeks.

What do you guys think? Is a "good" CM9 right around the corner? Is the 0224 build good enough for daily use?

Thanks!
tunaman2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #1472 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman2 View Post
How stable is the 20130224 build?

I ask because I've been using CM7 for a year and a half now, and every build seems to start off with decent battery life, but within a couple months battery life takes a nosedive. The MT that used to get at least 17 hours on a charge can barely limp through 5 or 6 hours before falling below 35%.

In the past I've tried messing with apps and notifications. In fact, I'm running the 20121015 build now with a mere 22 installed apps; notifications for all apps are turned off, excepting FB Messenger and GMail.

Anyway, I've always been able to "fix" the issue by flashing to a newer ROM. Right now it looks like the camera issue in CM9 just might be fixed soon (fingers crossed!). But I don't want to go through the hassle of upgrading to a newer CM7 if a camera-enabled CM9 will be available in 2 weeks.

What do you guys think? Is a "good" CM9 right around the corner? Is the 0224 build good enough for daily use?

Thanks!
Befrore you load another ROM can you do me a favor? Add the data widget to your power widget and try to use data when you need it in stead of leaving it on all of the time. This presumes you leave it on all the time of corse.

I normally get around 48 hours on a single charge. About 10 is way too low.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #1473 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Foxbase Alpha
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ring
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
Befrore you load another ROM can you do me a favor? Add the data widget to your power widget and try to use data when you need it in stead of leaving it on all of the time. This presumes you leave it on all the time of corse.

I normally get around 48 hours on a single charge. About 10 is way too low.
Well, I'd be happy to, if you would explain exactly which "widgets" you're talking about.

I should probably also point out that I have really good coverage for a half mile around my house, but in the rest of my immediate area it's complete crap. If I leave my house and go east - towards Charlotte, NC - I'll get decent battery life, because coverage is OK. But if I go in the other direction - towards a city of almost 75,000 people split down the middle by I-85 - I get 2 bars on a really, really good day and the battery can run down in just a few hours.

I'm actually almost convinced that it's Sprint\VM's awful coverage in this area that's the real culprit here. I really, really love being on VM's $25/month plan, but it's getting so bad that I'm THIS CLOSE to buying a Nexus 4 on Straight Talk. Paying $20 more a month sucks, but if the phone actually WORKS when I want it to, I guess it's worth it.

Also, while I'm here... am I the only one here on the 1015 build that has a problem with putting the phone in airplane mode? Since my phone has never once worked in a big box store, I've been trying to get in the habit of putting it in airplane mode if I know I'm going to be a store for a while. But on 1015 the phone occasionally refuses to go into airplane mode (go to Settings > Wireless & Networks and select "Airplane Mode". The check mark comes up, and the phone acts like it's "doing something", but then the box unchecks itself. If I reboot the phone it will come up in AP mode; most of the time (but not always) I can then toggle back to normal mode. If not, I have to reboot again and AP mode will be off.
tunaman2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1474 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman2 View Post
Well, I'd be happy to, if you would explain exactly which "widgets" you're talking about.

I should probably also point out that I have really good coverage for a half mile around my house, but in the rest of my immediate area it's complete crap. If I leave my house and go east - towards Charlotte, NC - I'll get decent battery life, because coverage is OK. But if I go in the other direction - towards a city of almost 75,000 people split down the middle by I-85 - I get 2 bars on a really, really good day and the battery can run down in just a few hours.

I'm actually almost convinced that it's Sprint\VM's awful coverage in this area that's the real culprit here. I really, really love being on VM's $25/month plan, but it's getting so bad that I'm THIS CLOSE to buying a Nexus 4 on Straight Talk. Paying $20 more a month sucks, but if the phone actually WORKS when I want it to, I guess it's worth it.

Also, while I'm here... am I the only one here on the 1015 build that has a problem with putting the phone in airplane mode? Since my phone has never once worked in a big box store, I've been trying to get in the habit of putting it in airplane mode if I know I'm going to be a store for a while. But on 1015 the phone occasionally refuses to go into airplane mode (go to Settings > Wireless & Networks and select "Airplane Mode". The check mark comes up, and the phone acts like it's "doing something", but then the box unchecks itself. If I reboot the phone it will come up in AP mode; most of the time (but not always) I can then toggle back to normal mode. If not, I have to reboot again and AP mode will be off.
Under settings--> CyanogenMod settings--> interface--> Notification power widget--> Widget buttons
Look for Toggle Mobiledata. On the power widget it's a pair of arrows that point up and down. This will turn off your 3G and prevent apps from connecting. On my phone it expands the life two fold.

If you have a poorly written app it will cause a wake lock when trying to connect. I doubt the apps you have are going to be like that, but I'm reading about this stuff. It's pretty easy to make a "data" listener that will stop what ever is requesting data from running continously.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM   #1475 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 65
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 4
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Using JuiceDefender (Pro, not that that matters) I can usually go 2 days on a charge, including the 12-28 build.
Gaffadin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #1476 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Foxbase Alpha
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ring
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffadin View Post
Using JuiceDefender (Pro, not that that matters) I can usually go 2 days on a charge, including the 12-28 build.
Funny, JuiceDefender worked great when I was using the stock ROM, but it absolutely KILLED my battery once I switched to CM7. When I first switched to CM7 I was wondering what all the hullabaloo was, because I was getting like 4-5 hours per charge. I uninstalled JD, and immediately the battery started giving me 18-19 hours without any other modification.

dsmryder: Between the time I asked you to clarify your response and you responding, I installed a data widget from Play that basically does the same thing. It's been almost 12 hours on this charge, and I sitting on 91% of my battery left. That's pretty impressive, although kind of a big pain in the ass to have data disabled all the time (it kind of defeats the purpose of FB Messenger, which I use as a kind of SMS replacement for my overseas friends). At any rate, it's obviously the data that's draining the phone. I'll report back if anything interesting happens.

My main question still stands, though: is the 0223 build good enough for everyday use? I'm a big user of Wi-Fi, and it takes around 20 seconds to connect (versus my GF's new Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, which is almost instant). I'd sure like to cut the Wi-Fi connect time in half if I could.
tunaman2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #1477 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman2 View Post
Funny, JuiceDefender worked great when I was using the stock ROM, but it absolutely KILLED my battery once I switched to CM7. When I first switched to CM7 I was wondering what all the hullabaloo was, because I was getting like 4-5 hours per charge. I uninstalled JD, and immediately the battery started giving me 18-19 hours without any other modification.

dsmryder: Between the time I asked you to clarify your response and you responding, I installed a data widget from Play that basically does the same thing. It's been almost 12 hours on this charge, and I sitting on 91% of my battery left. That's pretty impressive, although kind of a big pain in the ass to have data disabled all the time (it kind of defeats the purpose of FB Messenger, which I use as a kind of SMS replacement for my overseas friends). At any rate, it's obviously the data that's draining the phone. I'll report back if anything interesting happens.

My main question still stands, though: is the 0223 build good enough for everyday use? I'm a big user of Wi-Fi, and it takes around 20 seconds to connect (versus my GF's new Samsung Galaxy Proclaim, which is almost instant). I'd sure like to cut the Wi-Fi connect time in half if I could.
CM9 2-23 seems to be hit or miss. Add the fact that it's in heavy development and you have a recipe for disasiter. You could always try it, but I am still running CM7 on about 10-30.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1478 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Foxbase Alpha
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Ring
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
CM9 2-23 seems to be hit or miss. Add the fact that it's in heavy development and you have a recipe for disasiter. You could always try it, but I am still running CM7 on about 10-30.
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm referring to the CM7 02130224 build mentioned in post #1470.

And for those of you keeping score at home, my phone has been up for 20h 12m 42s and is at 83% battery life.
tunaman2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #1479 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman2 View Post
Sorry if I wasn't clear - I'm referring to the CM7 02130224 build mentioned in post #1470.

And for those of you keeping score at home, my phone has been up for 20h 12m 42s and is at 83% battery life.
Oh, yeah. The 2-24 CM7 build should be just fine. chairshot reworked the init.triumph.rc for some improvements. I asked him to redo the first post for an almost final build. CM7 has proven to be very stable as I have had over 200 hours on my personal phone and my wife's phone doesn't reboot on it's own anymore. She just doesn't alway make it to the end of the day before she runs out of battery life. And yes, she leaves her data on.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #1480 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Is there any way i can remove he boot sound without flashing again, shits so annoying and i dont want to go through flashing everything again.
kickassjavi is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 28th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #1481 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassjavi View Post
Is there any way i can remove he boot sound without flashing again, shits so annoying and i dont want to go through flashing everything again.
The sound is located under /system/media/android_id.mp3 or something like that.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1482 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Chairshot215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illadelvall Pennsy
Posts: 725
 
Device(s): Starship_Triumph_Class_WX435 Evo V 4G (Angry Bean AOSP 4.2.2 / Starship Evo_V Class_Beta) Kindle F
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 285
Thanked 527 Times in 198 Posts
All the time
Default

Going to update the Op at some point today but need to run some errands also so figure I may as well save some time and list the changes why compiling. Nothing all that new, most had been used in the last Starship update after X-mas and the last 2 test builds that had been posted.


Cleaned up GPS a bit

https://github.com/MTDEV-CM7/hardware/commit/75ef28fdc9292ee3dd51df588aa2bc7fea4f17c8

https://github.com/MTDEV-CM7/device/commit/b9a29cca7e14c0658cb7b4627cfc5990a610377d

Added my new init.triumph.rc and some other boot.img-ramdisk stuff.

https://github.com/MTDEV-CM7/device/commit/7b2b1d9ea5a0a09e0a572fac34c18a53cdf569a9

https://github.com/MTDEV-CM7/device/commit/330931cf4f12151697f89028ad07aa594e6e9dc8

Updated Vendor Proprietary Binary's, mostly BT/WIFI related files.
Added a label for each file set marking what variant each set of files originated.

https://github.com/MTDEV-CM7/vendor/commit/5202b4ffa78cad3e36ac0f80694b4eacac5a59e6





.
Chairshot215 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chairshot215 For This Useful Post:
adamto (March 3rd, 2013), dsmryder (March 3rd, 2013), ecarlson (March 3rd, 2013), Mancow60 (March 3rd, 2013), mattbodin (March 3rd, 2013), MikeRL (March 3rd, 2013), piper_ (March 3rd, 2013), RolaAddict (March 4th, 2013)
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:20 PM   #1483 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): MOTOROLA TRIUMPH running MIUI 2.4.20-Triumph, HTC EVO 4G running butterz
Carrier: virgin mobile

Thanks: 26
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

is there some way i can add an speed dial feature without running an third party app all the time like dialer one?
arcticfix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1484 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticfix View Post
is there some way i can add an speed dial feature without running an third party app all the time like dialer one?
I can't remember the last time I used the stock dialer. If I'm correct, it would have to be built into the app itself. Maybe one day, if I find time I'll mess with this. But until then I'm going to keep playing with ICS.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:14 AM   #1485 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 40
 
Device(s): MOTOROLA TRIUMPH running MIUI 2.4.20-Triumph, HTC EVO 4G running butterz
Carrier: virgin mobile

Thanks: 26
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
I can't remember the last time I used the stock dialer. If I'm correct, it would have to be built into the app itself. Maybe one day, if I find time I'll mess with this. But until then I'm going to keep playing with ICS.
just wondering if i could flash another dialer into rom...i dont care for the speed dial feature but my wife wants it...i have my evo...lol
arcticfix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1486 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticfix View Post
just wondering if i could flash another dialer into rom...i dont care for the speed dial feature but my wife wants it...i have my evo...lol
I would stick with the dialers from the market. If you grabbged one from another phone there may be function calls that aren't supported on our phone. On that note, if you do grab another dialer report back will ya?
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #1487 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default Part one of the SU testers

I'm going to post it with the rest of the CM7 ROMs. And how simple it is to port over the new SU will depend on how long it takes me to post the second one.

And this one I'll be testing myself. We'll see
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:55 PM   #1488 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Anyone elses camera acting up after flashing 2013-03-03 ?
kickassjavi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #1489 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Gender: Female
Posts: 864
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, Logitech Revue, Motorola Triumph (CM9 ICS ROM) [retired]
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 182
Thanked 125 Times in 104 Posts
Default

I haven't tried that build yet, but my husband has, and reports "no more than I was having before" when asked about camera trouble.
Seanette is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #1490 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickassjavi View Post
Anyone elses camera acting up after flashing 2013-03-03 ?
3-3 was just a repo sync flash and post. The real test will be the SU version if I can figure it out
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 7th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1491 (permalink)
Member
 
jose224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Washington DC
Gender: Male
Posts: 141
 
Device(s): ZTE Supreme, Htc Evo 3d,Samsung Intercept, Galaxy Note i717 (Mom), Kycera Rise
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, At&t

Thanks: 17
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM7 build 2013-03-03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairshot215 View Post

Image by: CornfedChris

README:
This ROM is Cyanogen Mod 7.2.0 and is developed by MTDEV.

THANKS:
Special thanks go out to IssacJ, Tickerguy, Mantera & Whyzor for breaking ground on Source Code Development for the Motorola Triumph! With out the their hard work and efforts, none of this would be possible.

VIDEO PLAY BACK
Thanks to Izzard for recommending MX Player. The app bases specific media to be played from either HW or Software decoding in the new version. VitalPlayer also works extremely well.

KNOWN ISSUES
∙ Camera rear video recording clicks during auto focus adding noise to recording
∙ Deep Sleep mode does not work with WiFi or Bluetooth enabled
∙ HDMI does not work
∙ Flicker when watching videos in portrait

FAQ:
MTDEV CM7 FAQ v2.5 by MikeRL


DOWNLOAD: 2013-03-03
MTDEV-CM7-20130303.zip
MD5:1456d1b9719721b4e98f4fe7c9f0fd97

Without Bootsound
MTDEV-CM7-20130303_No-Bootsound.zip
MD5:fee1adbe629032053eb847e63a058d80

DOWNLOAD: 2012-12-28
MTDEV-CM7-20121228.zip
MD5:88d97c7cc420449c207c54641e57c616

Without Bootsound
MTDEV-CM7-20121228_No-Bootsound.zip
MD5:27918aa782328cedc922231ca5444801

INSTALL:
Follow these simple instructions if you’ve never flashed a ROM on the MT. If upgrading from a previous CM7, it is HIGHLY recommend to always do a full wipe data/factory reset & advanced -> dalvik-cache in recovery mode. If you simply wipe both caches and install the ROM you will be carrying over parts of the last ROM. If you need to carry over settings here is a written guide [Guide] How to Backup and Restore Apps and Data when installing new ROMs. Android Market/Play is not included for legal reasons, you MUST flash gapps.zip RIGHT AFTER flashing this ROM zip for the first time before rebooting, gtalk.zip (Google Talk) is optional. After booting into the ROM, you may remove some of the bloatware, see this thread.

DONATIONS:
Your donations are very much appreciated. All funds are strictly used to help better MTDEV releases be that website or workstation upgrades for all Team Members
Does this still have the 3g speed tweak/fix
jose224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1492 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 93
 
Device(s): Triumph/ Evo v 4g
Carrier: VM

Thanks: 26
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Okay most of the time i can fix all my phone problems, but this one i idk about, ever time i try to place a call it reboots the phone and ever time some one trys to call me, i pick up, n it reboots. Any help on how i can fix this. ?

Another 1 is the charging port. MV has send me almost 10 phones (nolie) and almost all of them had this problem, and i just got another phone today, same problem, now is there anyway i can fix it my self? They suck!! at fixing the port. Does anyone know how?

Anyway i hope some can help me.
hitmentip is offline  
Last edited by hitmentip; March 7th, 2013 at 07:26 PM. Reason: I am running CM7 that was made on Fab 14. if this helps in anyway
Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #1493 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmentip View Post
Okay most of the time i can fix all my phone problems, but this one i idk about, ever time i try to place a call it reboots the phone and ever time some one trys to call me, i pick up, n it reboots. Any help on how i can fix this. ?

Another 1 is the charging port. MV has send me almost 10 phones (nolie) and almost all of them had this problem, and i just got another phone today, same problem, now is there anyway i can fix it my self? They suck!! at fixing the port. Does anyone know how?

Anyway i hope some can help me.
I've heard about this. It makes me wonder about the charger you are using. I've had my wife's and my phone for over a year and a half. I still charge our phones works same cables we've had almost since I bought the phones.

On a more constructive note. I heard that someone got theirs fixed at a local mall.
hitmentip likes this.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #1494 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose224 View Post
Does this still have the 3g speed tweak/fix
I think that was a build prop fix. If it was, I would think it's still there.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #1495 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: PHX, AZ
Posts: 27
 
Device(s): Nexus 4, Moto Triumph, Kyocera Rise
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmentip View Post
Okay most of the time i can fix all my phone problems, but this one i idk about, ever time i try to place a call it reboots the phone and ever time some one trys to call me, i pick up, n it reboots. Any help on how i can fix this. ?

Another 1 is the charging port. MV has send me almost 10 phones (nolie) and almost all of them had this problem, and i just got another phone today, same problem, now is there anyway i can fix it my self? They suck!! at fixing the port. Does anyone know how?

Anyway i hope some can help me.
I had this exact same issue on my phone. Had to reload the ROM after doing factory reset, wipe dalvik, plus I mounted and formatted /system. (I know, the ROM load does it, too.) For some reason this corrected my problem.

I had reloaded with normal wipes several times beforehand and the phone FC'd on me every single time. Possibly doing the /system mount & format is like a full format versus a quick format, don't know, but this cleared out the screwed up piece of stray code that was FC'ng the phone for me.

Hope this helps.
kptaylor is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kptaylor For This Useful Post:
villain999 (March 8th, 2013)
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1496 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Chairshot215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Illadelvall Pennsy
Posts: 725
 
Device(s): Starship_Triumph_Class_WX435 Evo V 4G (Angry Bean AOSP 4.2.2 / Starship Evo_V Class_Beta) Kindle F
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 285
Thanked 527 Times in 198 Posts
All the time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
I think that was a build prop fix. If it was, I would think it's still there.
If referring to the lines Isaak had added back in the day G60 later found after removing that his data was noticeably faster, yes the those lines had never been added into any of the the MTDEV builds.

[ALL] FIX your 3G Speed NOW! [PLEASE READ]

If referring to the lines in the ow so should be updated build.prop tweak thread in the data section.

Build.prop Performance Tweaks - Updated 04.14.2012

Had never been included in any of the MTDEV builds. They do actually make an improvement but at the cost of some serious battery drainage so never thought the trade was worth adding the lines personally. Finding the same lines in just about every Evo Rom I have tried and finding the same effect so have been removing them before flashing. Otherwise found they do make a decent difference in data speeds but would be prepared to spend a little extra time on the charger if used.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kptaylor View Post
I had this exact same issue on my phone. Had to reload the ROM after doing factory reset, wipe dalvik, plus I mounted and formatted /system.
My very first flash ever didn't work out all that well and TG suggested I format /system and flash again so in the probably now 500 flashes since I have made doing so part of my normal flashing process and for the most part never experience bugs other than those that are known. Not sure if it really has much to do with it but either way have become a fan. Just need to remember that if you don't wipe data which you should but I know whether its admitted or not allot of users don't you will need to remember to flash gapps again after flashing the Rom if you do format /system.
Chairshot215 is offline  
Last edited by Chairshot215; March 8th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #1497 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 33
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

possibly a stupid question especially since it might be in the wrong place. but we can do the format in the recovery right? I think I need to format the data and system.

is there anything we need to stay away from when we format?
I recall a post where someone had formatted the internal memory thinking it was the sd card and that was pretty much a brick.
awdark is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1498 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,180
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting now

Thanks: 361
Thanked 473 Times in 327 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdark View Post
possibly a stupid question especially since it might be in the wrong place. but we can do the format in the recovery right? I think I need to format the data and system.

is there anything we need to stay away from when we format?
I recall a post where someone had formatted the internal memory thinking it was the sd card and that was pretty much a brick.
You should do all of your flashing in recovery. Do not use a PC to format your phone!!!
Doing so will almost ensure you have a dead phone.
The recoveries that we have, except for one or two are pretty safe. There was something that you could do that hosed someone's phone in the beginning of the MT sceen.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #1499 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I flashed the 11/12 version and now realize a newest version released. I have alot apps installed. Can i get flash this new rom without of wipe all the apps? how can i do so
TekOne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 05:36 AM   #1500 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RolaAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (BSydz build testers ICS/JB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile....unfortunately

Thanks: 160
Thanked 106 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekOne View Post
I flashed the 11/12 version and now realize a newest version released. I have alot apps installed. Can i get flash this new rom without of wipe all the apps? how can i do so
If there are no major changes in the permissions or any other major changes then all you need to do is a cache and dalvik cache wipe then install the newest one normally.That way you will save all data,apps,texts,ect.Now if there are changes that are major then download Titanium backup from Google Play store to back up your apps because you will need to do full wipe.That's all I can say you can wait for someone that worked on the ROMs to tell you if you can just do the simple wipe or if you need to do the full wipe.
RolaAddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.