Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root

Like Tree544Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #1101 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: just south of Los Angeles, CA, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 181
 
Device(s): Nexus 5 32Gb (personal) T-M iPhone 5 (work) VZ
Carrier: T-Mobile and Verizon (see phones)

Thanks: 30
Thanked 41 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
Is anyone else having trouble getting this to work? I've wiped data, cache, and dalvik then installed CM9 (01-06-2013) and the proper gapps. When I reboot, it hangs at the boot logo. I've tried CWM 5.5.0.4 and even reverted back to 5.0.2.7, still hangs at boot logo. I checked the md5sum of the zip files on my sdcard, and they match whats on the download site. I can restore back to CM7 with no problems, but CM9 will not boot. I waited 20 minutes last night just in case it was taking a long time, still no luck. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I also just tried CWM 6.0.1.9, did a factory reset, cleared both caches, and have the same results. Stuck at the boot logo.
Try also formatting /sys under the mounts and storage menu before installing the ROM

Advertisements
g01851 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #1102 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
Try also formatting /sys under the mounts and storage menu before installing the ROM
/sys or /system. I haven't seen a /sys partition. I have seen a /sys directory, though.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #1103 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken2Chill View Post
How are you guys faring with gaming? I tried playing family feud and I kept getting rebooted. Its not a high end, 3d game. I also tried playing shadowgun, which used to be able to run for a least a little while but now just reboots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djboi2011 View Post
same thing happened on cm7 with the same game
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz View Post
when playing family fued or spider man u must make sure everything else is off and i have my mt over clocked at 1.6 this was the only way to get the reboots to stop but u will still get them once in a while just not often
Have you told MikeRL? He's doing a compatabillity list
leetspeak likes this.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmryder For This Useful Post:
MikeRL (January 7th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #1104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 450
 
Device(s): LG Nexus 4, Asus Nexus 7, Motorola Triumph, & LG Optimus V - All Hacked & Running CyanogenMod!
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 226
Thanked 194 Times in 129 Posts
Default

Thanks. But I never miss a beat on this stuff. I have subscribed to both the MTDEV CM7 and CM9 threads. I get constant push notifications on this stuff. I keep up with the threads, but please use my comparability thread for this. That way I can take note of every workaround in the FAQ so nothing gets buried and lost in the forums.
TheBritton and Ken2Chill like this.
__________________
Be a pal and sign up for Dropbox with this URL (if you haven't already got an account) It will assist me and you by giving us both an extra 500MB space. Useful for all the uploads I share with you guys.
MikeRL is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MikeRL For This Useful Post:
leetspeak (January 9th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #1105 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
Try also formatting /sys under the mounts and storage menu before installing the ROM
Thanks for the idea and the quick response! As advised I formatted /system along with a the normal wipe process (I see no /sys only /system like dsmryder said), tried the install again and still hang at the boot logo. I let it sit for 20 mins then took the battery out and put it back in with no luck still.

UPDATE: I just read the FAQ, which I shouldve read earlier but somehow missed it. I followed the instructions in order and did the factory reset, wipe cache, format /system, wipe dalvik cache, then install CM9 without installing gapps and it is still stuck at the boot logo. This is odd to me since I've never had a problem installing a ROM on this or my previous phones, but I understand new OS means new bugs so I will patiently wait for new ideas as well as the next update.
villain999 is offline  
Last edited by villain999; January 7th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #1106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 128
 
Device(s): LG Optimus Elite, Mot Triumph (Deceased), Asus EeePC running Android-X86
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 28
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Default

It probably won't work, but take out the sdcard and try turning out on.
rdoac is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #1107 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdoac View Post
It probably won't work, but take out the sdcard and try turning out on.
I did that earlier, just tried again and still nothing
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #1108 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
I did that earlier, just tried again and still nothing
Do me a favor. Open up the ROM and check the updater-script. It's under the meta inf folder. If the updater script says something like format /cache yada yada.
Then that may be the problem. For some reason the format /cache idea doesn't work for all ROMs/phones/recoveries.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #1109 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
Do me a favor. Open up the ROM and check the updater-script. It's under the meta inf folder. If the updater script says something like format /cache yada yada.
Then that may be the problem. For some reason the format /cache idea doesn't work for all ROMs/phones/recoveries.
the only format command in the updater script is for /system...
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "0");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");
however, I just found out I have the same problem when trying to install CM7 12-28. I CAN do a restore back to the old 12-18 CM7 since I did a nandroid backup but it seems I cannot do a fresh ROM install
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #1110 (permalink)
Member
 
Ken2Chill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 121
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 20
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
http://db.tt/GNXt67PX
Default

What would happen if I deleted systemUi completely or freeze it in order to get rid of the status bar?
Ken2Chill is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1111 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 364
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3 Retired: SG Victory, Motorola Triumph, ZTE Warp, Intercept
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 122
Thanked 94 Times in 74 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
the only format command in the updater script is for /system...
Code:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "0");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p7", "/system");
however, I just found out I have the same problem when trying to install CM7 12-28. I CAN do a restore back to the old 12-18 CM7 since I did a nandroid backup but it seems I cannot do a fresh ROM install
I would be suspicious of your SD card. Have you changed SD cards recently? I would try a different SD card.
bob-st is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:55 PM   #1112 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob-st View Post
I would be suspicious of your SD card. Have you changed SD cards recently? I would try a different SD card.
I've actually tried that also. have a few laying around. been swapping between two class 10 sandisk ultra 16g cards
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #1113 (permalink)
Member
 
AtticTRON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 318
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V, Acer Iconia Tab A100, Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 111
Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
I've actually tried that also. have a few laying around. been swapping between two class 10 sandisk ultra 16g cards
I had the same issue earlier today too. Don't know if it's the same but here's what I did to make it work. First I did the whole Factory reset, clear dalvik, and format /system. Then I install the latest version of of CM7 and I let it boot. After it booted I went back to CWM recovery and did factory reset again and then installed CM9 along with the system linked gapps.
AtticTRON is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1114 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 58
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
I've actually tried that also. have a few laying around. been swapping between two class 10 sandisk ultra 16g cards
Try formatting data, boot and system then install the mod.
ZipLipZ is offline  
Last edited by ZipLipZ; January 7th, 2013 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #1115 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken2Chill View Post
What would happen if I deleted systemUi completely or freeze it in order to get rid of the status bar?
Make a nandroid backup. And try it. I would think it would crash the phone.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmryder For This Useful Post:
Ken2Chill (January 9th, 2013)
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #1116 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

You may have a bad recovery flash? What recovery are you using?

Just saw you tried the 6.0.1.9 CWM with no luck, still might be worth it to try another version at this point.
aakyl is offline  
Last edited by aakyl; January 8th, 2013 at 01:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #1117 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakyl View Post
You may have a bad recovery flash? What recovery are you using?

Just saw you tried the 6.0.1.9 CWM with no luck, still might be worth it to try another version at this point.
I tried 5.5.0.4, 5.0.2.8 and 6.0.1.9
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1118 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipLipZ View Post
Try formatting data, boot and system then install the mod.
i dont see an option to format boot in cwm. do i need to plug it in while in download mode? if i do that i can see a bunch of partitions but they arent labeled when i look at them
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #1119 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
i dont see an option to format boot in cwm. do i need to plug it in while in download mode? if i do that i can see a bunch of partitions but they arent labeled when i look at them
Wooooa
Wait
Slow down
You have entered dangerous territory. Don't mess with the mobile partition. You can easily near brick the phone and have us spending the next few hours bringing you back.
TheBritton likes this.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #1120 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmryder View Post
Wooooa
Wait
Slow down
You have entered dangerous territory. Don't mess with the mobile partition. You can easily near brick the phone and have us spending the next few hours bringing you back.
Yeahh, thought it sounded funny but since no one else chimed in I figured I'd at least look. I didnt touch anything in mobile, just looked around a bit.
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1121 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
rukin5197's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 623
 
Device(s): OV- MIUIgb with Suave HD theme, MT- AOKP with my own theme
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 102
Thanked 508 Times in 186 Posts
gannon050197@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken2Chill View Post
What would happen if I deleted systemUi completely or freeze it in order to get rid of the status bar?
Yeah I definitely would recommend not doing that. Yes, your Status bar would mess up, but a lot of other stuff that rely on the SystemUI could crash as well, and that just leads to more collateral damage.
rukin5197 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rukin5197 For This Useful Post:
Ken2Chill (January 9th, 2013)
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:36 AM   #1122 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 58
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 56
Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
i dont see an option to format boot in cwm. do i need to plug it in while in download mode? if i do that i can see a bunch of partitions but they arent labeled when i look at them


Sorry, I got my devices crossed. It might be a good idea to try another recovery again.

You could try restoring your backup, run the " fix permissions ", format data and system than try to lay down the ROM. Just thinking out loud at this point. Also, try backing up your SD card, formatting it and placing it in blank before you try to boot the rom.
ZipLipZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #1123 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default fix ril data

please share how to fix ril data this rom to ideos x6 pleaseeeee....
GUNDUL46 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #1124 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,810 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDUL46 View Post
please share how to fix ril data this rom to ideos x6 pleaseeeee....
Here is how we fixed RIL
https://github.com/MTCM9/android_frameworks_base/commit/e23513c7724a9345bb79ea29f0a5ad3e579ec84e

Here is the fix for MMS (Virgin Mobile Data of course)
https://github.com/MTCM9/android_frameworks_base/commit/fb3e4d724af54b17fcc51cdb4a6a0f28afdd4b1b

Here is the fix for Headphones to work
https://github.com/MTCM9/android_frameworks_base/commit/e8c39484d846eb23b3d0196b196b58b1d46b9e52
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g60madman For This Useful Post:
GUNDUL46 (January 9th, 2013)
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #1125 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default


how to use it?? i not understand.
GUNDUL46 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1126 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDUL46 View Post
how to use it?? i not understand.
Don't feel too bad. If you don't know you probably to start somewhere else.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #1127 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,810 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDUL46 View Post
how to use it?? i not understand.
GUNDUL46,

These fixes are comprised on how to build the frameworks base from source code. Edowar has a github with the all the device files you will need for the x6

https://github.com/edowar

It's not going to be an easy task as you will need to download the code, edit it and then build it and I am not sure what all you will need from edowar's github to make it work. Also I am not sure the fixes I listed above will work on the x6 as I don't believe anything needed to be changed for the x6 to get data to work? Sadly I don't know enough about the x6, you maybe better off posting on XDA in the x6 forum area. Good Luck!
g60madman is offline  
Last edited by g60madman; January 9th, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1128 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g60madman View Post
GUNDUL46,

These fixes are comprised on how to build the frameworks base from source code. Edowar has a github with the all the device files you will need for the x6

https://github.com/edowar

It's not going to be an easy task as you will need to download the code, edit it and then build it and I am not sure what all you will need from edowar's github to make it work. Also I am not sure the fixes I listed above will work on the x6 as I don't believe anything needed to be changed for the x6 to get data to work? Sadly I don't know enough about the x6, you maybe better off posting on XDA in the x6 forum area. Good Luck!
okay thanks for an explanation, because I also wanted to be ported rom like you
GUNDUL46 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1129 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
g60madman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Mexico, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,816
 
Device(s): I have worked on: Galaxy Nexus, HTC Evo V 4g, Motorola Triumph, Samsung S3, S4 and Victory
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 844
Thanked 2,810 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUNDUL46 View Post
okay thanks for an explanation, because I also wanted to be ported rom like you
I know elol did a port of our ROM but I have now clue what he did. He took our base ROM and I believe he edited a lot the files by decompiling and recompiling. I have a guide located here for Linux, but this can also be done in Windows

AndroidDecompileRecompile - mtdev-cm - How to decompile and recompile all things Android - CyanogenMod by Team MTDEV - Google Project Hosting

But as for what he changed your guess is as good a mine. Also I know he moved on from the x6 as well so I don't think he is doing anymore developing for it.
g60madman is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to g60madman For This Useful Post:
stroltz35 (January 11th, 2013)
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #1130 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern California
Gender: Male
Posts: 81
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph ASUS Transformer Prime
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 41
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Im running 12/31/12 release with the small camera update patch and I noticed if you change the scene setting in the camera it auto rotates the correct way.

Bug:
I took a call and I couldn't adjust the volume while in call and when the call ended I had to press the power button to light up the screen.
activeservo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1131 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): motorola triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
wilkins.perez@gmail.com
Default

the only thing that kept me away from this rom was the camera not working i am a heavy instagram user @el_mega_mega follow me , but now at least with the partial camera i can take pics not the best quality and can not scan bar codes but its something. thank you so much for making my phone much better. i would have ditched this to the curve if it wasn't for you.

rom works great so far. no self rebbots as on cm7
ELMEGADIVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1132 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 25
 
Device(s): motorola triumph
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
wilkins.perez@gmail.com
Default

is the camera working on miuv4 ics?
ELMEGADIVO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #1133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I want to thank everyone for their assistance in helping me try to get CM9 installed. The issue I had where I would hang at the boot logo occured after I tried installing ANY ROM... unfortunately none of the offered advice worked to resolve the issue. This morning I decided to unroot (via mtdev-unroot rom) and reroot my phone and start from scratch... and it worked!! I am now able to install roms again and am happily running CM9!

Just a thought, maybe MikeRL should add this to the FAQ for anyone else running into issues.
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to villain999 For This Useful Post:
rdoac (January 10th, 2013)
Old January 10th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #1134 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Sterling, VA
Posts: 171
 
Device(s): LG Optimus F6, LG Optimus L9, Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: T-mobile $30 5GB, Previously VM $25

Thanks: 159
Thanked 32 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
I want to thank everyone for their assistance in helping me try to get CM9 installed. The issue I had where I would hang at the boot logo occured after I tried installing ANY ROM... unfortunately none of the offered advice worked to resolve the issue. This morning I decided to unroot (via mtdev-unroot rom) and reroot my phone and start from scratch... and it worked!! I am now able to install roms again and am happily running CM9!
Glad you fixed it.

I see a lot of people talking about rooting their triumphs, but I don't know why anyone would need to root it themselves if they are going to install a new ROM since you don't need to root it to install a custom recovery and flash a ROM, and all the ROMs come rooted, so why are some people taking the extra step to root their phones?
dsmryder likes this.
ecarlson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1135 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarlson View Post
Glad you fixed it.

I see a lot of people talking about rooting their triumphs, but I don't know why anyone would need to root it themselves if they are going to install a new ROM since you don't need to root it to install a custom recovery and flash a ROM, and all the ROMs come rooted, so why are some people taking the extra step to root their phones?
Just because they don't actually know what they are doing. It's like cars. Most people know how to drive it and gas it up. They have know idea about how all the parts come together.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1136 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 19
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph, Acer A100 Tablet
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarlson View Post
Glad you fixed it.

I see a lot of people talking about rooting their triumphs, but I don't know why anyone would need to root it themselves if they are going to install a new ROM since you don't need to root it to install a custom recovery and flash a ROM, and all the ROMs come rooted, so why are some people taking the extra step to root their phones?
I was thinking about that yesterday too, installing cwm only requires you to put your phone in download mode.. so would there be any reason to root beforehand other than troubleshooting reasons?
villain999 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #1137 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by villain999 View Post
I was thinking about that yesterday too, installing cwm only requires you to put your phone in download mode.. so would there be any reason to root beforehand other than troubleshooting reasons?
If you were on the srock ROM it would help to have the security that the super user app provides. Other than that I would just symlink the binaries and did what I had to do.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #1138 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hey guys I flashed this rom and am doing experiments with apps and I found out that the app Pudding Camera will stop the triumph from booting the actual camera. I opened it and the orientation of the camera was fixed but it didn't do anything and I was told that the application failed to respond. I then tried to open my usual camera app and get the "Can't connect to the camera. I have to restart the phone in order for my camera app to work as usual. Just thought Id Help report this since I have no idea how to code.
dsmryder likes this.
stroltz35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stroltz35 For This Useful Post:
dsmryder (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #1139 (permalink)
Member
 
rebel69ization's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130106 [BETA]

Stop trying to use these different camera apps. The camera is not fully functional yet, just wait until it is. What do you people expect? Be happy with the little bit you have now the rest will come in due time.
arcticfix and Semperverus like this.
rebel69ization is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rebel69ization For This Useful Post:
arcticfix (January 14th, 2013)
Old January 14th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #1140 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
Stop trying to use these different camera apps. The camera is not fully functional yet, just wait until it is. What do you people expect? Be happy with the little bit you have now the rest will come in due time.
I'll tell you the truth, the "no sound" app may provide a clue as to what is going wrong with the camera. It might be as stupid as the "click" call has changed.
Semperverus likes this.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #1141 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Loving this new rom

For the past three weeks I've been searching for the HTC Evo 4g from Virgin Mobile to replace my Triumph. I'ts a great phone and i've never had any real problems except I was on Gingerbread and I wanted the better features of ICS or JB.

In walks MTDEV with a rom that has a working camera. I downloaded and installed it in an hour. Unfortunately the camera view is upside down and in wide screen.

I DON'T CARE!!! I have ICS on a Triumph and if you can do partial, you can do full. I really need the camera but i'm loving the rom, and I'll stick it out till you get the camera working.

THANKS so much. Saves me $150 for a new phone and $10 extra a month on a new the Virgin Mobile play. So $270 for the year.
afitzroy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #1142 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jameyhowell73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CO
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): Sammy GS3-unrooted so far... Moto Triumph ret w/asskicking cm9 running Optimus V ret(but not dead!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afitzroy View Post
For the past three weeks I've been searching for the HTC Evo 4g from Virgin Mobile to replace my Triumph. I'ts a great phone and i've never had any real problems except I was on Gingerbread and I wanted the better features of ICS or JB.

In walks MTDEV with a rom that has a working camera. I downloaded and installed it in an hour. Unfortunately the camera view is upside down and in wide screen.

I DON'T CARE!!! I have ICS on a Triumph and if you can do partial, you can do full. I really need the camera but i'm loving the rom, and I'll stick it out till you get the camera working.

THANKS so much. Saves me $150 for a new phone and $10 extra a month on a new the Virgin Mobile play. So $270 for the year.
Oh mannnn! With savings like that I'd kick the developer fund down with a few bucks.... ))) yes, yes, I've sent in what I can to help. Thanks All !
mstech likes this.
jameyhowell73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1143 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
 
Device(s): Galaxy S3
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

what exactly is the camera flash zip is it needed for the 1/6/13 update or...
cory1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #1144 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Darktaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: City Of Angels
Gender: Male
Posts: 77
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph MTDEV CM7
Carrier: Virgin Mobile USA

Thanks: 16
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130106 [BETA]

Anyone else having issues with Netflix. I'm just wondering because I keep getting a stall in picture at times and only audio comes out or it just freezes like if it's loading. Feedback on this issue would be nice if you guys have the same problem if not we'll seems issue is in my end thanks.
Darktaker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1145 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jameyhowell73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CO
Gender: Male
Posts: 67
 
Device(s): Sammy GS3-unrooted so far... Moto Triumph ret w/asskicking cm9 running Optimus V ret(but not dead!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

Neo: Because I know the camera is almost finished, I know the developers will bring it to me, I know this because....I've already seen it happen.
jameyhowell73 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #1146 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RolaAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Virginia
Gender: Male
Posts: 507
 
Device(s): Motorola Triumph (BSydz build testers ICS/JB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile....unfortunately

Thanks: 160
Thanked 106 Times in 89 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cory1992 View Post
what exactly is the camera flash zip is it needed for the 1/6/13 update or...
It's only needed for CM9 ROMs without the camera fix code.1-06 already has it so no need to flash it.12-31 has it as well.
RolaAddict is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RolaAddict For This Useful Post:
cory1992 (January 15th, 2013)
Old January 15th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #1147 (permalink)
Member
 
rebel69ization's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130106 [BETA]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameyhowell73 View Post
Agent Smith: Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?

Neo: Because I know the camera is almost finished, I know the developers will bring it to me, I know this because....I've already seen it happen.
Lol
rebel69ization is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #1148 (permalink)
Member
 
rebel69ization's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 193
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default Re: [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130106 [BETA]

G60, I'm noticing a problem with this build, my SMS is acting strange. I can text and receive texts from my daughter(T-Mobile) but not my son (Virgin Mobile) he gets mine but I don't get his. Any idea why?, he doesn't have the problem sending to anyone else. He has sat right across from me, sent and I still didn't receive.
rebel69ization is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #1149 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
dsmryder's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NE Florida
Posts: 2,293
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic Touch 4G running whatever I throw at it
Carrier: Ting for now

Thanks: 371
Thanked 487 Times in 338 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
G60, I'm noticing a problem with this build, my SMS is acting strange. I can text and receive texts from my daughter(T-Mobile) but not my son (Virgin Mobile) he gets mine but I don't get his. Any idea why?, he doesn't have the problem sending to anyone else. He has sat right across from me, sent and I still didn't receive.
I've had that before. I flashed a new build a couple of days later and the problem went away.

Have you tried to recieve SMS from other VM users? It could always be VM's network.
dsmryder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #1150 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII (cm10.1)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel69ization View Post
G60, I'm noticing a problem with this build, my SMS is acting strange. I can text and receive texts from my daughter(T-Mobile) but not my son (Virgin Mobile) he gets mine but I don't get his. Any idea why?, he doesn't have the problem sending to anyone else. He has sat right across from me, sent and I still didn't receive.
I got the same problem.....
ragin_srt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Motorola Triumph > Triumph - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.